GeForce 441.41 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by schilperoordbas, Nov 26, 2019.

1. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Guys, I want to let you know that I am not sure if this drivers are okey, this version 441.41 makes my GTX 1070 restless, she is tense and ready for foreplay :)
    She locked herself at 1556/2176 clocks and its rarely going idle.
    I make sure no app is disrupting idle state, usage is up to 1%
    giving the current clock status its way hotter then it should, by that I mean its at about 50*C when it should be up to 40s

For now I revert to 441.34 Hotfix version and waiting for feedback from you guys, if its only me or others have same problem.

2. loracle

loracle Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    this driver is crap, don't worry, (i said that before).

3. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    This new driver works great. Its a worthy upgrade.

AuerX likes this.
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I've not tested a huge amount of games on this. But, for TC Division 2 on a 1080 Ti, Nvidia sharping put a pretty big dent in FPS and FPS frame times. I can run native 4K @ 85% scaling with a few settings tweaked above ultra with AA at medium and according to the game bench (reading the actual test output) never dip below ~62 FPS.
    With the sharpening set to .20 even if I drop the resolution scaling to 75%, I still get FPS drops below 60. Jedi; Fallen order had much the same. For me it seems the loss in FPS/stability is not worth the loss in real resolution to use image sharpening. This may work entirely differently on Turing.

5. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    if that is what is considered being an enthusiast then you can have it. have fun always chasing down fixes and screwing with your system just to get some damn games running. I will take having the fastest single card and skipping all that BS.

blackdragonbird likes this.
  6. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    well its your money and time so if you want to waste it then its up to you. you clearly have deluded yourself into thinking there are hardly an issues when reality and in depth reviews say otherwise.

blackdragonbird likes this.
  7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Delete.

Liam Onestone likes this.
  8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It is up to them. So, why does it make you so upset?

9. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I think you should apply that statement to yourself. I actually use it every day. I know the reality.

It's clear you don't use SLI and have some kind of axe to grind. But unless you use it daily, and experience with what works and what doesn't, you really have no place to comment. It would be like me stating facts in a field I know nothing about. Do you know the Sun is actually blue?

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I have been using it in BFV but only at 1600x1200 on a GTX970, no noticeable hit. The feature has been tested (I don't know on that game) and the hit was only a few % at max. Are you using the scaling part to or just sharpening?

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Question about Image Sharpening which now is in the driver (thank you for not forcing GFE anymore) - does it apply to all games? Earlier it was only valid for supported games.

12. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Sharpening from Control Panel applies to all games (though doesn't work in CSGO currently). but to see any slider changes a game restart is required so it can be annoying to do multiple game restarts until you find your perfect settings.
    Freestyle one only works with games that support Freestyle.

Netherwind likes this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its intentionally turned off in csgo

14. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio X 3090
    Sadly the Gsync validated marker for my LG C9 OLED has vanished with this driver and there is tearing in game.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Scaling is only for Turing. I'm just using the sharpening. Yes indeed the over all hit is a few percent how ever the min FPS dropped significantly and it was perceptibly less smooth. So for me, not using sharping at 85%in using the game scaler gave me more consistent and higher mins than using it at .20 and 75% scaling.

16. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    This driver sometimes causes weird/doubled textures in BFV when sharpening on (game specific), after entering in certain multiplayer maps.

17. Erick

Erick Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    With this driver, I had to report that Fast Boot by hardware causes G-Sync to disengage at 120hz on the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme. I just disabled the hardware Fast Boot altogether and G-Sync was working.

18. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
  19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    venturi likes this.
  20. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio X 3090
    Well the C9/B9 only have Gsync in North America.

European and Other nations C9 OLEDs do not have software for it yet.

Darren Hodgson likes this.