GeForce 441.41 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by schilperoordbas, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  2. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    RDR2 performance is just fine. Not much you can do but hope for better optimisation (it's already good) or get better hardware
    If you mean Team red fanboys being ignorant of these issues, then yes. He's right. AMD has had way more issues with drivers than Nvidia ever has. And like Khronikos, in my 15 yrs or so of using Nvidia, I can only think of perhaps 2 times there were issues with drivers. AMD were notorious for years for having issues every release, they've improved but it's far from perfect. Either way, you don't have to be a fanboy, just use what you use. If you enjoy and are happy with your gaming experience, then why complain?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yep, I will ride nvidia's ass if I have no doubt theres a driver bug involved, but "my computer hard freezes" is usually... not... the driver.

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    This CUDA SDK I think is related to release of Blender 2.81 which does use OptiX and new V-RAY NEXT which is using OptiX or rather they use new CUDA/OptiX SDK

I just done few tests with latest Studio drivers and these ones and in Blender 2.81 latest drivers are working beautifully with OptiX and you can clearly benefit from OptiX in rendering

But in other render engines I'm getting TDR errors or CTD in best case and hard lock in worst case, Octane Render would crash with these drivers in my case and IRAY as well getting errors which I'm not getting with Studio drivers 430.86

In gaming too as well in SOTTR Path Home unstable drivers, getting crashes in DX12 with RT, with 430.86 no issues at all

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

venturi likes this.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    My bad for either
    A) not being posession of a time machine
    B) not waiting that long
    I'm sure you'll survive the carpet burn. :p

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Do you have TAA enabled?

7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    In the last major patch for the game, we did notice the 1080 Ti performance increased significantly compared to the original release build of the game. Did you see any improvement in performance since the launch of the game?

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I do, would you like me to test it without?

EDIT: This is what I get without TAA enabled and G-Sync still isn't active.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  9. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    NVIDIA Control Panel Image Sharpening doesn't work for two games: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Grand Theft Auto V.

The settings are available in the control panel for these two games (not grayed out), but they do nothing at all ingame.

You can fix that by using Nvidia Inspector and changing "NVIDIA Predefined Sharpen Usage" (in "Other" section) from "0x00000000" to "0x00000001" in these two games profiles.

Is there a reason why these two games can't use NVCP Image Sharpening in this driver version? I tested GTA V after having reenabled it through Nvidia Inspector, and it worked as expected (I didn't test CS: GO because I don't own it).

10. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    games freezing with this driver, i think better reverting to last beta one, now beta is more stable than whql crap.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Thats unfortunately a gamebug, you need to restart without TAA enabled.

Another user had freezing, turned out to be their realtek UAD driver.

Freezing is rarely (almost never) caused by a display driver on its own.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Restarting without TAA enabled doesn't solve it for me, still an overly exposed image and no G-Sync. :rolleyes:

Seems like whatever they did to address this issue in the 441.20 drivers just completely broke G-Sync in SLi.

[Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: G-SYNC disengages when disabling V-Sync on the game.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Let the game idle into the idle cam a few times and it should clear up.

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Just tried that, still overly exposed with zero G-Sync, just going to have to stick to a single GPU until Rockstar/Nvidia decide that SLi users are actually worth caring about.

15. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    So you're saying all those fixed issues in nVidia's drivers release notes are just jokes or fake? LMAO, if you don't have issues it doesn't mean all other people don't have them..
    I love my RTX 2080 Ti, but I'm not a ignorant or blind, TBH I had more issues with nVidia's drivers over the years than with AMD (one of the nVidia's drivers even burned my GPU when they borked fan control like 7-8 years ago, and I was not the only one - google it if U don't believe me), if AMD had a GPU at RTX 2080 Ti performance level, I would switch to team red in a sec :p

I hope those work good/stable with Windows 10 1909 for all people.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

No, hes saying most of the issues that get posted by users and don't end up listed as fixed were never a driver issue in the first place.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its called being an enthusiast, seems lost on you.

venturi, The1, er557 and 2 others like this.
  18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    SLI/CF/mGPU = Plug and Pray
    sGPU = Plug and Play

Xtreme512 likes this.
  19. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I do agree that with some games you need to set custom SLI profiles, and this can take some research or following enthusiast forums. But I don't get what you're referencing there -- I don't worry about games working or not, about 90% of those I tried work without any issues. There are in fact just a handful of games out of the 300 I have that don't work out of the box or with five minutes googling.

Especially now as the cost of developing (popular) games has increased by an order of magnitude, and as a result developers use middleware like Unreal or Unity. Flags that work for one game almost always work for another, so this actually simplifies SLI support.

In the last few drivers releases, Nvidia has included 10 SLI profiles for mainstream games at release. This includes Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and The Outer Worlds.

Honestly, I don't know why you wouldn't SLI if cost is not a barrier. You get to either run games at maximum detail at very high resolutions while maintaining your desired FPS, or you get to run less demanding games at maximum everything and less noise because the load is split between cards and so fans don't spin up as much. You get quieter gaming, or gaming at the best possible experience (e.g 4K everything on Ultra). This says nothing of running DSR in some titles and getting even better visuals because you have performance to spare.

I'm currently playing in my loungeroom on a 4K LG OLED @ 60 fps (not my normal display, but figured why not for fun). All my current games (I'm a bit behind on some -- huge backlog of shame) are maxed and maintain 60 fps on Ultra everything. This includes Shadow Warrior 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Dishonored 2, Natural Selection 2, Titanfall 2, Deep Rock Galactic, Dying Light, Prey, and Witcher 3. As an experiment I disabled SLI and loaded most of these, they all stuttered like a bizniatch hitting 30-40 fps. The only way to enjoy them at 4k 60 fps with the best possible visuals is with SLI. Oh and I run Reshade and handful of shaders with all of them, which also has its own GPU load. For reference: I have two 1080Tis in SLI, which are approx 30-40% faster than a 2080Ti. So yes, my system can do what a 2080Ti system cannot.

I dunno. I don't get the negativity to SLI. It's clearly better for performance and visuals. There's simply no debate. Does it cost more? Sure, of course it does. Like anything in life, you get what you pay for. Is it harder to set up? Yeah probably sometimes. But the members of this board build water-cooling machines and mod the heck of out their games. If they can't spend 5 minutes looking up an SLI flag if they need it -- and often, you don't -- then I dunno what to say to them.

venturi, The1 and anxious_f0x like this.
  20. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Guys, I want to let you know that I am not sure if this drivers are okey, this version 441.41 makes my GTX 1070 restless, she is tense and ready for foreplay :)
    She locked herself at 1556/2176 clocks and its rarely going idle.
    I make sure no app is disrupting idle state, usage is up to 1%
    giving the current clock status its way hotter then it should, by that I mean its at about 50*C when it should be up to 40s

For now I revert to 441.34 Hotfix version and waiting for feedback from you guys, if its only me or others have same problem.