1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 418.91 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Feb 13, 2019.

1. BlackScout

BlackScout Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    still a bad windows 7/8 driver.

CrazyBaldhead likes this.
  3. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Even worse for w3.1

dr_rus, tensai28, Memorian and 2 others like this.
  4. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    DLSS is a complete and utter failure as it stands right now. Those supercomputers are not doing their job if they think that's acceptable image quality.

I'll play all my games with RTX and DLSS off.

5. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    What did you expect from an upscaling algorithm? It isn't realistic to expect it could look as good as native resolution/native resolution+proper FSAA. Ideally, performance should be better, though.

I sure miss the days where proper MSAA/RGSSAA/SGSSAA was easily achievable in almost all games.

That said, these drivers work alright for me.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    I'm sure most of you are going to hate me for this... but I think I like the look of DLSS. I don't mind the noise reduction from it. I've also always been a big fan of TAA, and I'll always use TAA+FXAA when it's an option. The softness just looks more realistic to me, like CGI, and going from that to raw edges starts to look weird.
    So if this is like a high performance TAA+FXAA (or TXAA, which when implemented correctly I thought looked the best from ANY AA out there, but the performance hit was not worth it) then I'm down.
    I'm less down about installing GFE though... but I'd be willing to try it for the sake of DLSS.

EDIT: OK the Metro screenshots are way too blurry lol. But I swear something is for sure wrong here, it's looked way better.
    They even compared regular upscaled 1080p to 1440p w/ DLSS, and 1080p looked better AND performed better.

knuckles84 likes this.
  7. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Strix OC
    Damn too many issues reported with these. i think ill skip those for my 1080 ti.

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I wasn't aware you were seeing compressed jpeg images on your screen.

signex and cookieboyeli like this.
  9. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Apex crashes for me with these drivers:

"The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver update has occurred."

etc etc

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    meehhh, i guess the "black flashing/blinking" in Wreckfest aint gonna be fixed anymore..they talked about it some drivers back, but i never read anything new about it..still having those flashes from time to time..(win7-64bit).

11. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Active Member

GPU:
    Palit 1070Ti JS
    all good here, installed smaller version i created
    DLSS seems like really crude form of checkerboarding combined with upscaling/downscaling thats being aided by AI model, performance improvements seem to exist only in comparison to other AA, since all these "antialiasing" methods have their strengths and weaknesses, that what should be compared to instead, i think it will lose in quality thou since its only promoted as performance improvement algorithm and that blur does not help, then again when you get to really high resolutions, you are looking at diminishing gains from any aa, and resolution alone gets the job done

12. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 GTX 980 OC
    Yeah i have the same feeling too! Btw no Far Cry New Dawn support yet..! Is Nvidia sleeping with RTX ON or what?? :p:D

13. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB Armor OC
    Hah... It became like BFBC2 with DLSS on. Now if only had the best ever Rush maps like BFBC2, that would be wonderful.

14. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I just tried in DOS and the installer didn't even run! This is BS!

15. peppercute

peppercute Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 2080 TI TRIO

16. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 GTX 980 OC
  17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Doesn't look like TAA at all. Looks just like a blur filter on top of an upscaled image. We'll see how it will evolve though. As usual, no one is forcing you to use it.

Here's still hoping that we'll see DLSS 2x at some point. This one should be more interesting than the 1x upscaler.

18. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    bsod for me .

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    418.91 full install is working with GSync compatible much better than before, haven't had one reason to reset driver to re-enable. Guess there was a component needed that NVSlimmer was removing.

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Standard clean driver install. I'm getting a constant 11% Nvidia Container service CPU load at boot. Any ideas?

Edit...

Did a full DDU clean and reinstall of the driver nothing special, default with unchecking GFE.
    I'm running the latest fast ring 18334.1. Stopping the offending service, kills the NVCP.