1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 418.81 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ah finally. I was having quite a few chrome crashes with the previous one. I hope this is better.

3. panogr

panogr Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
  4. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    While Chrome hasn't been crashing for me the last little while whenever it goes to full screen video and then back to browser it never resizes the browser to its original size. Also when the monitor goes to sleep mode and comes out the same thing happens, Chrome is resized different to what I had left it. Its annoying and has happened since the last 6-7 Nvidia drivers.

5. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Have the same thing on Chrome on the secondary monitor, if I close a full screen YouTube video on the secondary monitor, it will ever so slightly extend into my primary monitor. Weird.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  6. morpheus9394

morpheus9394 Member

GPU:
    2x 6950 1GB
    I thought I was the only one with the Chrome issue. I was getting ready to reinstall Windows 10. When I get the issue, signing out of Windows and back in fixes the issue.
    Hopefully these new drivers will fix the issue. Been ongoing for the last few driver versions.

7. chocoaddict

chocoaddict Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080TI TRIO
    At last, they fixed my issue where my monitor(freesync) had strange motion flickering after restarting or cold-booting if gsync compatible option is enabled. I don't have to turn on, then turn off and turn on again my monitor to fix that issue.

8. gopher04

gopher04 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 Classified
    And again this one is not remembering custom setting in desktop colour settings..

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Good fixes in this one going by the PDF notes, even some early OpenCL 2.0 support and general performance gains in many games for G-Sync users. (G-Sync bug fix? OS bug workaround??) plus the usual fixes and a smaller list of known issues. :)

Odd to see Turing specific SLI profiles unless the earlier GPU models already had support in these games and this is some additional compatibility mode or something.

PDF is this but I think it's listed in the main thread for this driver already but for convenience here:
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/418.81/418.81-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

And then the topic thread from GeForce.om, I mainly use that to check on the latest known issues:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...play-driver-feedback-thread-released-2-4-19-/

And from the PDF quoting the SLI profiles:

And then features which is early OpenCL 2.0 support and the G-Sync performance improvements.

And then the section of fixed issues:

Followed by open/known issues:

Ending with the updates from the GeForce.com forum URL.
    (Some of these are in the known issue above already like the DSR one and others are only in the PDF and not the forum topic.)

EDIT: And yeah AMD GPU user currently but trying to keep up to date with both vendors and their drivers plus any quirks both listed and unlisted including the various known issues and other things.
    (Going to have to upgrade at some point in a year or two I expect, good to have some insight into what's going on ha ha.)

jura11 likes this.
  10. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    You all need to stop using the corporate spy machine Chrome and switch to Firefox for the love of god.

11. corniel

corniel New Member

GPU:
    Manli GTX 1070
    I'm one of the few who encountered the half blank screen when turning on Gsync on my freesync display,
    Glad to know they resolved the issue

12. SKIBA

SKIBA Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 / 6 GB
    Thanks for the update.

What is this?

13. Erick

Erick Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury 4GB HBM
    The Universal driver. If you load the DCH driver, the control panel must be downloaded from the Windows Store. This driver allows more functionality with other devices (mobile, tablet, console, Linux, etc).

14. SKIBA

SKIBA Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 / 6 GB
    Thanks. ;)

Erick likes this.
  15. selecto

selecto New Member

GPU:
    4 ghz
    Where is the Front line V SLI Profile Manuel? I've asked in each driver discharge since BFV was discharged and NVIDIA has overlooked my inquiry. We have had SLI Profiles at Dispatch for each BF diversion in the previous 8 years..DigitalOcean SiteGround iPage..why is there no SLI Profile for BFV???

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019