1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geforce 418.81 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Feb 4, 2019.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Really, with a GTX 980ti?

Maybe I should try DX12 out.

2. Alberto

Alberto Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning Z
    o_O Very strange that Nvidia has not yet released the new Game Ready Driver for Metro Exodus and Far Cry New Dawn. Are AAA games..and the release is around the corner

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Three days out. BFV will get a DLSS patch today though.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Would be nice if they fixed GSync Compatible not needing to reset the monitor/driver to get the timings proper, usually after sleep.

5. geronimo666

geronimo666 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX Vega 56
    I installed 418.81 yesterday.
    today I got nvidia driver crash (I believe its called TDP?) under windows in idle. I never got this before in windows. sometimes under heavy gaming (GPU OC).

btw, is there any way that you know that is possible to force freesync to work under win7?
    I bought AOC C24G1 and today found out that free sync doesn't work under win7 :-(.
    I'm returning the monitor if it's not possible.

cheers.

6. bernek

bernek Maha Guru

GPU:
    VEGA64 / 8GB
    I use them with Acer monitor with Freesync and I have zero problems ... I had an RX580 before and just DDU and installed this one :)

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    CTD ;) aka crash to desktop. TDP is thermal design power.
    These are the requirements (linustechtips forum)
    • You must update your graphics card to the latest NVIDIA driver
    • You must be using Windows 10.
    • You must have a GeForce 1000-series card or newer. GeForce 900 series and below are not supported at this time.
    • You must have a monitor that supports the DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync protocol. This includes any monitor that supports AMD FreeSync over DisplayPort.
    • You must be connected to the monitor with a DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort connection. This includes DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, and USB-C/Thunderbolt (assuming the USB-C/TB port has video capability provided by a 1000+ series NVIDIA GPU, which is not the case on all laptops), or any combination of these.
    I've not seen any way around this. That being said, why not give Windows 10 a try? I'm not going to try to defend Windows 10, that's not what this is. But I wouldn't trade adaptive sync for anything, it's the bee's knees. Even if you hate Win 10, I would love VRR a lot more.

8. Ital

Ital Member Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Under Win 7, 418.81 has a memory leak bug in the Nvidia display container service which causes the Nvidia driver to crash when it runs out of memory. TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) is what happens when the display driver crashes. So if you're using Win 7, don't use 418.81 but go back to the previous driver.
    No.

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Usually an issue when I change games, or wake up monitor from sleep. Just weird.

10. pekka

pekka Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    that´s true although it got Close for me in 2013
    About the GX880M i was just thiking it being an older card but i´m glad so long i get new drivres that supports it :D

thx for the reply

11. pekka

pekka Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    damn i´m gonna need a new laptop eventually well well, time really flies :)

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah, sorry for the sarcasm, it was a legit question.

Kepler is supported for the time being and even after it's not you can use older drivers.

13. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Except genius I don't have any issues at all with games, and in general I have few issues unless something random is going on outside of gaming with Firefox. It can happen when switching from Aero to non-Aero, and ultimately I have few issues really since Firefox was updated. It's definitely not happening with games, and I also have no idea who you are.

You seem to be an angry person.

14. xander.87

xander.87 New Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI Rtx 2080
    Someone who have 3 surround monitors with two rtx-2080 in Sli have encountered some issues with last driver release?
    Only with 411.70 I haven't the problema.

Thanks

15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    It does pay off to read the forum before downloading and installing.

16. Ital

Ital Member Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    It also pays off to read the forum after downloading and installing. :)

Anyway, 318.91 also has the same bug but supposedly a hotfix driver which fixes this bug is coming soon.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The underlying bug affects all versions of windows but manifests differently between 7/8 and 10, with 10 only leaking a few handles every now and then.

My theory is that an unsigned ptr was introduced in nvapi related monitor handler code that nvidia uses to detect connected displays and notify the user they are at their correct setting.

this would result in undefined behavior if the code were to expect or read in a negative value which would have different behaviors depending on what cpu you may have installed as well as the windows driver model.

Given that the driver is handling and improving upon the handling of DP Adaptive refresh displays with .71 and later, this seems most plausible.

windrunnerxj likes this.