1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geforce 418.81 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Feb 4, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes firefox does if FF has tdr it draw screen flash blank and only in the FF windows and there will be TDR event in the event viewer at time of said flash, it rare though. I have seen it happen a handlefull of times. usual once every few months i see it happen, I been seeing this happen ever since I started using 1803 build of windows, I still using same drivers I installed when installed 1803, 411.63 that being I have not seen it happen in 2 or 3 months.

so either it is behaving longer then usual or one of FF recent updates fixed it

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Just a FYI: Using FFox and Discord, no TDR's

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Same here, no TDRs in FF66b on Win10 1809.

4. shm0

shm0 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 SC
    I have TDR issue in both chrome and firefox with this driver.
    Rolling back only the graphics driver to 417.71 doesn' work either.
    Seems the like culprit is the new sound driver? (1.3.38.13 vs 1.3.38.4)

A bit of off topic...
    But what the heck is going with the realtek sound drivers?
    The control panel in 2.82 doesn't work.
    So i have to use some unofficial realtek sound driver that were released for intel nuc boards.

5. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ^^No TDRs for a long time already and no issue with Realtek as well. Most probably, your hardware or user error.

6. shm0

shm0 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 SC
    The TDR doesn't happen right away.
    Its a memory leak.
    Open bunch of tabs with videos playing.
    It will run fine for like 45min. Then the pagefile is running full and chrome/firefox starts to crash.

And for realtek. Other people have the same problem with missing realtek control panel, but most they are on windows 10.
    I use win7.

7. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Might be a Win7 specific issue?
    I don't have a lot of tabs open (usually no more than 5 at a time), but my Chrome is open all day long with some videos or music playing (Spotify etc) and I never had any TDRs or crashes.
    I'm on Win10.

8. ubronan

ubronan Member

GPU:
    sapphire 7970 OC 3 Gb x 2
    The latest nvidia drivers have blocked the removal from the telemetry and sharing crap they baked it so .

So there is the reason for the performance hits.
    If you try to use the tricks to disable them, the driver installer instant ends and deletes the whole nvidia folder.
    Other tricks to disable the spyware no longer work
    THATS the reason why you see such huge performance dips, i suspect nvidia doing much more than only telemetry
    Because when you look at what M$ is spying they do collect much more from your system including what you type and do, do you see a performance hit NO Indeed not.
    The only reason why a gpu gets such a massive performance hit is when its being used, ow right that reminds me whats nvidia doing right now ....RIGHT selling gpu power to those users who want to rent some extra gpu power.
    For instance why is that gpu container active while i hardly make use of the gpu ?!?, yes a desktop does use almost nothing. So why the 5 up to 25% usage in that freaking container.
    Which you have no control over it, and worse you can not remove it at all.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    What performance hits?

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    About last 5 or so versions I have been using NVCleanstall.exe and I just install display, audio and PhysX works fine.
    On the TDR I normally have like 25-30 tabs and I do get them but set HW acceleration off, haven't tested in a few months but it's not worth the trouble to me. When it did happen its only a flash of the screen and an entry in event viewer.
    Also, I never seen anything performance related to enabling/disabling telemetry.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    You could try not installing NV HD audio driver, it should fall back to windows audio driver, maybe worth a try.

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    I installed 418.81 w/o the telemetry and sharing stuff, and installed just fine. What method are you using that is full of fail?

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    One of my games was crashing a bit when traveling in the game (SWTOR) with driver resets, and it did it 3 times in one night. So I decided to uninstall the driver, did a Safe Mode DDU (1.008), and then did a clean install of 418.81. Game no longer crashes or driver resets, so peeps with TDR's may want to do the same.

14. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    It doesn't use any GPU on my machine though? At least while I'm on desktop with the browser open.
    And even I have GFExperience running on top of that.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    So friend showed me this, RE2 remake looks like this on Kepler gpus and new drivers. Anyone how to fix this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Gortex

Gortex Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Firefox crash here too in Win 7, first in a long ,long time.

17. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Pretty sure the 2080Ti flickering gsync bug is still around. DP for Gsync monitor, DVI to DP cable for the other monitor.

18. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Somewhere I read that installing the FW 399.something (24?) fixes the issue. He might give it a try.

19. CrazyBaldhead

CrazyBaldhead Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I'm always right.

20. Seb1

Seb1 Member

GPU:
    GV-N2060GAMINGOCPRO
    It happened for me too on Win 7 and only with 5-6 tabs open... really I don't remember when I had the last Firefox crash :confused: