1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 417.75 hotfix driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download the Nvidia driver GeForceĀ 417.75 hotfix as released by NVIDIA. It fixes a G-SYNC issue where a G-SYNC monitor may display random desktop flicker when an HDMI monitor is also connected to the...

GeForce 417.75 hotfix driver download

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Only on Guru3d, an Nvidia driver may show up before it appears on Nvidias site. :D

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Wow, glad they finally addressed this, only been an issue for like 2 years lol

4. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Going to wait another day before i instal this. RE2 remaster is almost out not going to install 2 drivers in 2 days lol.

5. Erick

Erick Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury 4GB HBM
    Well, I did a lot of testing with DP to HDMI and spoke up about this issue at lot. I just happen to have a 1060 3GB and a FreeSync monitor and decided to test for the first time. This must have been for certain G-Sync Ultimate enabled monitors, which no one will ever know by their testing. I personally never seen HDMI affecting a variable refresh rate because of DP's capability to support a very fast pixel clock to include running on 144/240 hz monitors, which is far beyond HDMI's standard at the moment. If HDMI 2.1 was available, then I would believe it.

In fact, it's the other way around; when you turn G-Sync on, HDMI and DVI either fail to use tear control policies or is replaced, which brings all kinds of screen tearing. G-Sync should not interfere and crosstalk with HDMI or DVI at all and they both should be using whatever is still active in the Control Panel (Off, On, On (Smooth), Adaptive, Adaptive (Half). That's is what's really broke. You can really see it when you apply multiple monitors and make the G-Sync monitor the primary with a non-G-Sync monitor.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...17-75-released-1-22-19-/post/5971981/#5971981

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    anxious_f0x likes this.
  6. Phill-7

Phill-7 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1080Ti FE
    Hmm, interesting... Additional HDMI interface breaks the Sync? Don't you mean monitors, VR HMDs and other "less relevant things"?

7. Erick

Erick Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury 4GB HBM
    Yes as a whole set of "less relevant things" that are more common. It doesn't break the Sync; the G-Sync enabled monitor over DP operates as normal, but applies the same Application Request State policy over HDMI/DVI interfaces while operating on the same GPU.

8. Alberto

Alberto Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 TI
    No Game Ready Drivers for i suspect

9. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 GAMING X
    did it fix the terrible performance in bf5 and unstable clocks from 417.71 ?

demoncamber likes this.
  10. demoncamber

demoncamber Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080ti Duke Oc
    You are having this issue too? I tried it and still crashes like .71 did. What issues were you getting exactly? Since I went to 71 my system would hard lock with no bsod in game, until I forced a reboot. And every driver before .71 has been super stable no crashes.

I'm just hoping you're talking about what I'm talking about, because I've searched and not found anyone else reporting this issue, and i've reported the driver issue to NVIDIA twice and have had no reply.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019