GeForce 417.71 Game Ready Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Keno34, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Did they kill DSR with these drivers? If so, I`m going back to the 416.94s.

Yup. Sayonara 417.71s.

I reinstalled the 416.94s and got my DSR back. Say by golly. What a pita.

The Gsync does work on my LG 34UC79G-B though. But until the DSR comes back, I`ll stick with the 416.94s. I can corroborate this happened to my buddy as well. He has the same monitor, but a stock vanilla 1080. Thx.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. VikingPIrate999

VikingPIrate999 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Amp 1080
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i'm not surprised given this is almost a Freesync 2 panel.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You are wrong.

Some monitors have either a Displayport 1.1/1.2 setting, or a Freesync on/off setting in the OSD

Maddness likes this.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Good drivers for me so far , tested on RTX 2080Ti and GTX 1080Ti , both running very smooth and great performance at 4K. Tested on FH3 / FH4 /FM7 /ROTR / BFV and no problems to report.

6. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Works fine on my budget AOC Q3279VWFD8.
    No glitches or flickers or ghosting.
    I'm impressed.

PhazDelta and droopy_ro like this.
  7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The main reason is HDMI 2.1's VRR which they will have to support anyway which means that there's little reason to not support DP's adaptive sync as well anymore. There's also a huge h/w requirements increase in Gsync Ultimate which puts it well above anything non-Gsync making support for DP and HDMI adaptive sync less dangerous to Gsync's future - basically, Gsync will be the top-end tier for them now, I fully expect that in several years from now there won't be anything but Gsync Ultimate products.

Maddness likes this.
  8. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    can anyone confirmed if this screen
    LG 22MK430H-B work with gsync it have freesync technology might get one it very cheap here

9. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    i can Confirm the BenQ XL2730Z working nicely so far, so both my monitors work with VRR you just can't have two enabled at the same time ,i hope support comes soon for multi monitor .

10. Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080 Black
    Got a bluescreen with this driver on Windows 10 when waking up the computer after setting it to suspend mode. GTX1060 here.
    Will test more later.

Edit: my last bluescreen was ages ago and I'm not overclocking anything.

11. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    Anyone with a DELL S2719DGF monitor? I am interested in buying this model and I am just wondering if it will work with my nVidia card.

12. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    dsr working on both cards here

13. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    So is there actually any performance dfference between Freesync and Gsync? Just wondering because a 1440p IPS 144Hz HDR monitor that doesn't cost 2k+ would be real nice, but I love my current Gsync monitor.

14. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Don t know what to say about the DSR issue. Both my buddy and I did multiple clean reinstalls. And we both lost DSR. He actually had DSR the 1st time he installed the 417.71s over the 416.94s. But once he rebooted and came back to desktop, his DSR was gone as well. We both ended up reinstalling the 416.94s and now both have DSR again. So it`s either BOTH OUR problems, or maybe it might be the new drivers on our particular monitor maybe? We just calls em as we sees em. ;p

15. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    Yeah i think its gonna work using the display port in compatibility mode cause this monitor hasn't been validated by Nvidia. See below the video, it explains how it works and IF it works!

16. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    why doesnt it work with adapter of display port -> hdmi connected to display port?
    anyway to trick it to think that the display port adapter is actually display port?

17. Zangetsu38

Zangetsu38 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI
    i get G-sync works now easy with quickely douçpble switch Freesync mode on my monitor U28H750, but i hop nvidia can fix that is future

18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Well this is odd, monitor just went to sleep after idling for a few minutes.Which it shouldn't and never has until now, windows power options are set to Never turn off display.
    Drivers run games good though, I think I'll downgrade to 399.24 or 399.41 VB until I've finished Witcher 3, I'm in Toussaint, character lvl 42.

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Don't promote this fella video.

20. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Ok, got no freesync monitor yet. But installed them.
    No nvpanel in mouse menu, did not start when pressed in taskbar. So no way to adjust any setting. Reboot did nothing. So uninstalled, reinstall but this time as a fresh and new driver, deleting all profiles etc.
    Now everything works. But I'm not satisfied with the performance. Msi afterburner had some strange behaviour also but eventually worked correctly.
    So uninstalled it thoroughly, rebooted from safe mode, clean desktop with basic vga adapter. And then the 416.94 drivers install.
    After a long detecting hardware session the driver decided I don't have compatible hardware.
    Looked at registry but found nothing, ran ccleaner etc etc.
    Tried this driver again, maybe it left something preventing older driver to be accepted.
    But no, even this driver decided I don't have compatible videocard.
    Pulled the powercord, waited a couple of seconds and cold booted.
    Happy for me the 416.94 was now accepted and installed fine.
    So until I have the freesync monitor, I will stay away from 417 drivers.