1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 417.71 Game Ready Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Keno34, Jan 15, 2019.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
  2. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Still getting tearing at 144fps/hz, but a ingame FPS cap at 120hz works fine. Samsung C32HG70 at freesync 2 ultimate engine

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    You will get tearing once you go out of adaptive sync top range unless you limit your fps with vsync or some framerate limiter.

4. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080Ti
    I read it and I quote
    "Summary: fully interoperable with HDMI® standards"
    Is this still not clear enough for you?

Display makers already did all the work, Nvidia just have flip the switch.

5. Chert

Chert Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Hmm... Nvidia's own G-Sync only works with display port, right?

Then why will Nvidia undermine their own tech by enabling G-sync compatibility (freesync) also on HDMI.

6. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080Ti
    Yes, your post makes more sense than anything dr_rus posted. Nvidia wrapped their Gsync over VRR/FreeSync so in drivers it has that nice "Gsync" word and not VRR/FreeSync. This has everything to do with Gsync not supporting HDMI, and nothing else. Nvidia really doesn't want admit they lost the VRR fight.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Sure, it's AMD's proprietary extension of HDMI standard, "fully interoperable" with it meaning that it doesn't prevent HDMI 2.0 from operating normally. It's not a freely accessible standard though which is what HDMI 2.1 VRR is. And this is the reason why you will only see NV supporting VRR on HDMI once they will have GPUs with HDMI 2.1 outputs - or at least will enable HDMI 2.1 VRR on their HDMI 2.0 outputs which is also possible.

Okay, I will stop trying to explain anything to you at this point. You're just not listening.

Yeah, they support Gsync and DP Adaptive Sync now and will most certainly support HDMI VRR eventually. They clearly "lost" to those who support only two out of these three.

8. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    My Acer XZ321QU won't let me even enable Freesync in the monitor options, no matter what I do... it's just grayed out. I'm using Displayport 1.2 and have the latest drivers. Reinstalled drivers, rebooted, swapped ports on GPU, etc. Using the displayport cable that came with the monitor itself, so I don't think it's that. Any ideas?

EDIT: Found... not sure why, but I can't enable HDR and Freesync at the same time. I'm looking into this further, but this is unsettling so far.. I would rather have HDR than Gsync anyday.

9. Chert

Chert Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Are you using the mini-display port of the monitor? You can try using the regular sized display port. Also, you should have display port v1.2a which enables vrr support.

Yeah. I heard from others that you can't enable both gsync compatibility (freesync) and HDR at the same time. Nvidia is probably reserving that feature for their GSYNC ultimate monitors.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  10. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I also could not get G-sync to work with 10-bit colour output enabled without artifacts. Had to set windows to 8-bit colour.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    What monitor do you have?

12. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Current "G-sync Compatible" backend for Adaptive-Sync does NOT support HDR

13. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    samsung u32h850

dr_rus likes this.
  14. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    NO. It only works on Async monitors (Freesync, Async or G-Sync). IF your monitor only supports 60hs, you won't be able to activate this feature.

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yeah.. sadly it would seem you are correct. I can NOT get HDR to work with Gsync. I was able to get Gsync to work, but frankly I don't care enough about the screen tearing to want it over HDR. I've had vsync disabled since I can remember.

I will be able to switch back and forth pretty easily it seems just by changing my monitor HDR mode off if I wanted to though which is good to know, and hopefully this might help someone else with this problem.

16. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Ok Guys, Tried G-Sync on my Samsung CFG70 27" monitor and it's crap. Not only it doesn't actually work but it makes the graphics do something like a milisecond ghost when you turn around fast, which drives me nuts. Had to deactivate it.

17. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Also below 143 to 120 getting tearing, but lesser tearing. 120 fps cap is the max for my 144hz free sync monitor.

18. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio X 2080ti
    Philips HDR1000 Vesa Certified

436M6VBPAB

Working in 4k HDR with G-Sync Range 23-60hz

Seems to be the only one so far that works with all technologies at the same time in this thread.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  19. GregJA

GregJA Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI
    I am using with an LG 4k 60hz monitor
    27UD68. (I think)
    and it seems like it works... if anyone else has it let me know as I might just be clueless LOL

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    My control panel doesn´t show the G-sync option to enable... Do we need to install Geforce Experience for this?

G*addict likes this.