GeForce 417.58 hotfix driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download the Nvidia driver GeForce 417.58 hotfix as released by NVIDIA. It fixes several issues, among them Black screen when resuming from monitor sleep on some DisplayPort displays and Shadow of...

GeForce 417.58 hotfix driver download

HARDRESET likes this.
  2. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Very smooth.

Mateja likes this.
  3. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    -Black screen when resuming from monitor sleep on some DisplayPort monitors

I had twice in past few days black screen issue on Alienware AW3418DW, so hopefully its fixed now.

4. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    hey folks, can some1 with some actual understanding of this (and not just copying and pasting w/ no further info and not random guesses) plz explain to me in 1 sentence or less what DHC vs non DHC is? all I could find is a gigabyte forum saying that DHC is for OEM/manufacturers and that home users should use non DHC. and another GeForce forum with a much longer explination by markusbohne which seemed to suggest DHC is preferred for end users here:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...drivers/difference-between-these-two-drivers/

pasted from:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...evelop/getting-started-with-universal-drivers

also that Microsoft thread says (under the D of DHC) this:
    "Declarative ("D"): Install the driver using only declarative INF directives and do not include any co-installers, RegisterDlls, etc" . . .
    yet intel hd graphics says of their drivers this:
    "DO NOT use the INF / Have-Disk method to install or uninstall this driver as it bypasses the Intel installer designed to install these new drivers, thereby possibly resulting in minor to major system instability."

so … wtf?

can someone please in lamens terms explain to me exactly what DHC and non DHC means? do I really have to get it from the windows store? do I install it with .inf or not? do i have to install/uninstall from the new windows 10 apps menu? so confused. guess i'll use non DHC till I ever understand this better...

to DHC or not to DHC, that is the question . . . and why? plz have a thorough understanding and summarize / explain like i'm five. not some garbage post like mine here. lol. thanks!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's just the control panel bridged as a uwp app. Don't bother.

6. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    oooh I see. like how the intel driver shows the stuff in the windows 10 display menu. okay. that's pretty pointless guess i'll skip it till its standard on nvidia and do it the way intel says since dhc is all that's available from them now. thanks man!

7. Cry

Cry Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080TI SeaHawk
    It's fixed my Witcher 3 from crashing my whole system

8. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I was having issues with periodic black screens/sleep mode (I don't use sleep). These drivers made it worse. Using a Nixeus 144hz EDG27.

9. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Man when are they going to fix the Destiny 2 display corruption... I reported this months ago and still happens on both a 1080Ti or 2080Ti!! It's clearly a bug as I've noticed the same visual glitches with players who are streaming on Twitch/Youtube.

Seems to be related to GSync as issue is reduced significantly if I use regular Vsync or just Vsync off.

10. Dibola

Dibola Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 4gb
    Made an account to say that this driver fixed flickering with my GTX 980 Founders (non ti) and BenQ XL2411P when connected via Display Port. Before this driver I had to either turn the monitor from 144hz down to 100hz or turn blur reduction on to stop flickering.

11. Catcher40

Catcher40 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Could someone help me, i seem to be having trouble with netflix both the app and the website, whenever i log in and try to watch anything my whole screen goes black i can hear the sound still playing, if i then switch channels(using a 40 inch 1080p sony tv) and back the display returns but as soon as i try to select something else on netflix the screen turns black again. i've uninstalled and reinstalled silverlight, i've run the windows 10 system checker to make sure there are no corrupt files and i've even reinstalled the drivers for my gigabyte 1070 g1 but its still happening i just don't know what else to do.

12. quantum hacker

quantum hacker Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275 - 896 MB
    OKay. I thought I had clicked on the wrong link because I thought I saw a giant cassette tape

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    hard to say with this, you need the windows 10 hevc codec

you also need a complete HDCP chain with no data/corruption issues.

Netflix no longer users Silverlight.

And if your TV is 144hz, you need to dial it back to 120, the DRM chain is not compatible with high refresh displays.