GeForce 397.64 WHQL Game Ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, May 9, 2018.

1. beezee

beezee Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080Ti
    Okay guys, I can't tell if it's Windows updates ( 1803 ) or Nvidia drivers ( all after 388.xx ) that are causing minor hicups for me. Firefox
    LiveKernelEvent 141 errors, uxdservice close issues, stutter and color fade in and out issues with some games.
    So far these seem to be all right but idk. Hope to get get answers soon.

2. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Vulkan driver faster in everything except Vulkan? Anyway which NVidia driver would be best just for DX11?

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The latest one.

4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Would seem that way...at least based off of my results. But let's be honest, there's not much really using vulkan anyways and anything that does, isn't really demanding. API overhead test aside, these drivers are much better than the vulkan betas on far cry 5. Finally got rid of the hitching and odd frame drops that I was experiencing on that game using any driver past 391.35. Liking them so far. I ran the far cry 5 benchmark with vsync enabled (obviously not to find max fps but to test smoothness) and I had a minimum of 59fps, avg 60 (60hz 4k screen). Much better than the drops to 54 that I was getting on other drivers. I'll test other games later.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    3DMark API overhead test is pure synthetics, there are no games which push the APIs to this extreme at the moment and it's unlikely that there will be in the next several years.

6. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    388.84. It's a vulkan beta that was posted here and everyone was ranting about how good it was so I tried it and I concur. It was the last pre-390 driver AFAIK

Bhudda likes this.
  7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    [​IMG]
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26549969

Very similar performance to the Vulkan Betas and that Quadro 391.58 here too.
    Glad to see it also doesn't mind the few extra mhz.
    Will test some games tomorrow.

8. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    What games? I haven't experienced any kind of stuttering whatsoever. Every game runs smooth AF

9. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    All those people have already moved on. There have been several better driver releases since then. Not sure what the problem is.
    On another note; every game I've tried with these drivers are playing excellent. I just finished a round of battlefront 2. Couldn't be any smoother at 4k maxed 60fps with vsync. No stutters, drops or hitches. These are definitely keepers for me. I'll test more games after I finish work.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're probably looking at a hardware issue, not necessarily the gpu but a possibility.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, that's the thing, I can't remember which version of the graphics driver I was using last time I played the game but I know it was on Windows 10 and it did run fine last time I played it. I suspect the issue is caused by Windows 10 v1803 rather than the driver though but the only way to be sure is to try different drivers and see if the crashing issue persists across all of them (which I'm guessing it will). I only see the Steam window that says preparing to launch the app following by a spinning mouse pointer for a few second and then it returns to a normal pointer suggesting the game has crashed. I see no splash screen or loading screen or anything like that; the only indication that the game *has* crashed in the entry in the Event log.

It's a 0xc0000005 error and those in my experience can be hard to isolate the cause of. Sometimes, a simple revalidation of the files, which forces Steam to redownload the game executable and any corrupted files, can fix those but sometimes they can be caused by incompatible settings in the NVIDIA game profile (in my case this is set to the default) or forcing MFAA / AF in the Global profile. They can even be caused by using the RTSS overlay (again, I have disabled this for HMA.exe so it doesn't seem to be that). I'm not using any injectors either and the game is a refresh install (from a backup I saved to an external drive) as well. Running out of things to try now except for different drivers.

Ironically, Windows 10 installed graphics driver v390.77 the other day even though I had the 397.55 hotfix installed at the time (yeah, the driver that was supposed to fix that very issue!) and I never thought to test Hitman Absolution to see if it worked with that driver (which dates back to January if I remember correctly).

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am talking about Hitman Absolution not Hitman (2016). I was not aware that Absolution supported DX12 so I assume you are referring to the latest game here rather the previous one which is the one I am currently unable to play.

13. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
  14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I'm not having any problems with hitman absolution on my end using 17134.48 and these drivers. Like TJ suggested, maybe verify the game files?

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    FARCRY 5 freezes the whole system with this driver somehow !!!

16. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Unstable OC? Windows version? I played it for about an hour and had no such issue.

17. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    No such issues here, win 10 x64 1803. Just played for about 3 hours straight, not one issue

18. biship

biship New Member

GPU:
    2x6970
    Crazy! I just played for 8 hrs straight and not one single issue.

19. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    What's better than 388.84? None of the 390 drivers have been any good. I'm pretty sure you've been in the threads where I posted the frametime graphs, so you know what I mean.
    I can hold 60FPS all day. Try pushing 200, gsync, no vsync.

20. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    It doesn't effect everyone, and many people simply aren't pushing their systems this hard anyway (see above for example)