GeForce 397.64 WHQL Game Ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, May 9, 2018.

1. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    [deleted]

Edit: I thought I had some of that infamous stuttering issue but looked around, uninstalled the ASUS Ai Suite (I can't even recall why I re-installed it a few days ago, I finished experimenting with the CPU OC settings months ago and I like throwing all unneccessary things away) and it looks like this made it go away (I guess the periodic frame time spikes coincided with the polling time of some sensors/controllers -> what a garbage ...).

Actually, I still had some related processes running after the uninstaller finished. I force-closed them manually but I wonder if they will reappear after a reboot (or that reboot will truly complete the removal of all ASUS services).

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. jonschaffer

jonschaffer New Member

GPU:
    radeon rx550 2gb
    With this driver i get bsod when installing it and if i install via secure mode i cant load Windows..Bsod at loading screen..

Its suddenly started bsod while 391.35 was installed. Rolled out to 388.71 and working fine.

Any idea?

3. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Hi all,

With this driver and the latest 1803 build I'm seeing gpu utilization on the desktop ranging from 6% to around 20%. I never seen this behaviour before especially on a idle desktop.

The only monitoring programs I use is Asus suite v3 and I been using that for years.

Is this a new feature of windows 10 or a bug, it's causing me concern as my gpu clocks are jumping from low power to 3d clocks every other second.

Any ideas ?

4. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I suggest you try uninstalling it (look at my earlier #203 post I just edited).

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    This is the same experience I've been having for the past week or so. 1803+397.64 has been quite nice with several games and benches. If only Gears of War 4 worked so I could play Horde with my friend, but that is another issue for another day and something I gave up on months ago.

6. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I just had the same issue happen to me and I'm still on Windows 10 1703. The BSOD happened while the system was completely idle.

7. jonschaffer

jonschaffer New Member

GPU:
    radeon rx550 2gb
    Juat to add:
    Gtx 1050
    W10 1703 and 1803

Crash log:

dump file analyse:

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 16/05/2018 11:29:10 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051618-25468-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x175930)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x38, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF802B2D2F04F)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 16/05/2018 11:29:10 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x138748)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x38, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF802B2D2F04F)
    file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_38c9bee769f9ef1f\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 397.64
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 397.64
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 397.64 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Wed 16/05/2018 02:34:43 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051618-27562-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x175930)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x38, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF802913B504F)
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    probably has the same root cause as the Kmode error, use the driver feedback form and send the dumps to Manuel at driverfeedback@nvidia.com

9. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Thanks, I'll try this when I get home.

10. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Be aware that after a normal uninstall, I still had numerous (3-5) separate processes running in the background which came back after a reboot. I killed them and ran the "AI3Cleaner.exe" (found on the ASUS ROG forum) which didn't seem to do anything. So, I manually deleted the entire "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS" folder (where all the lingering EXE files resided which were still started during boot). It's disgusting how hard it is to really get rid of (the uninstaller should at least disable the auto-start, if removing the files fails for some reason...). Actually, I didn't even find all the running processes to kill before I tried deleting the entire ASUS folder (that's when I find the rest because I was unable to delete the EXE files while still running...), not all are labeled as "ASUS service something".

11. Repelsteel

Repelsteel Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    Just built this pc today for a collegae with Z370/8700K/GTX1060 and so on. I came here to see if someone also had this problem with GPU clocks going up and down. I also see the load increasing to 100% sometimes for a split second... I Just removed 397.64 and installed 391.35 but still the same behavior. Windows 10 has been updated to 1803. Maybe that's the problem?

Edit:
    In taskmanager/GPU part it showed that there was a 20% GPU 3D utilization. I noticed it's only doing that when one of the main screens of the CAM software (installed for the Kraken X52) is on the foreground, even when minimized. I checked that with MSI Afterburner. Quitting the CAM software brings back the steady idle clocks. Gonna de-install CAM...

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Did you try an see if there an option to turn 3d rendering off?
    I don't use those types of utilities but sometimes they have options.
    You can make a profile to in RTSS and disable detection.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    maybe if you install whole suite, I installed just that digi+ sensor and use it just for xfan control and it works fine, no extra stutters.

I think mine got last updated ~2yrs ago... so even more surprised its still ok, I know there was some conflicts with AI suite not long ago and latest RS4.

14. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Oh, yeah, that's why I re-installed it: just to see if the new version works for me on RS4 (in case I might wish to use it later).:) I think I had both of these installed for a Z370 Prime-A:

• ASUS_AISuite3_Win10_V20012_20170904
    • SW_ASUS_AISuite3_DIP5_V30013_10514_20180201

The first is the whole package, the second is a partial update for the DIP module. I think DIP can be installed alone but I tend to think that's what caused the stutter (since that's what polls the EC and the sensors and I remember HWInfo64 warning me about polling the EC on ASUS boards could lead to issues like this, so it's disabled by default for that software). And that's the main part, the rest is just stuff like firmware update utility, online auto-update checker, etc (all which should be dormant).

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    -Tj- likes this.
  15. Ydur

Ydur Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690 Classified
    Hi friends!
    For gtx 1080 cards are these drivers better than the good old 388.84?
    Running Win 10 64 1803 17134.48

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes.

17. nuked

nuked Member

GPU:
    NO GPU
    Still using 391.35, because after that is crap. Will try on new one.397.93. Hope this version did not make same error's. Lot of BSOD involved.

18. mfrwiz

mfrwiz Guest

Hi all.

Unable to install Geforce 398.82-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql driver.
    Always get same message:

C:\Users\***\Desktop\vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.is not a valid installation package for the product. Try to find the installation package
    Vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi' in a folder from which you can install.

I copied that file in others folders with negative results.
    My OS is Windows 7'.

I can install without problems 397.64-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe driver.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

W.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018