GeForce 388.59 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Dec 8, 2017.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I tried that in avidemux and it is ultra fast but noticeably lower quality than the CPU version :p

2. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    Thank you for the info. Looking at it.

I remember it was a issue some years ago when I tried to use GPU acceleration. It still is?:(

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    which version, I have to use 2.6 newer broke nvenc.

Welcome, :)

I didnt try x265 yet, but x264 180MB @4000 mp4 converted from avi 1GB file same 4000kbps, looked great

EDIT
    : well it seems it doesn't work? It just passes by quickly and no output file.. I tried openCL and that started using cpu.. Sorry for false alarm.. :eek:

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I tried it now in the latest version of avidemux and it seems to have a "blu ray" preset. End result is much better than I expected but I didn't compare screenshots with the h264 version. CPU version should still be better.

edit: Ok I just compared :p The image is uniformly softer just like in the past but to a lesser degree. That isn't a problem with CPU HEVC.

I just tried it in 2.7 with the previous driver and it worked. I used Nvidia HEVC under video output.

5. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    been playing with these finaly mgs 5 runs great also gta 5 prey all my games seem faster with these.Thanks for the drivers bro.

6. Mr_day2day

Mr_day2day Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    GTX 1060 people stay farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Any BF1 Dolby Vision and HDR10 works fine with this drivers ? I can't get Dolby vision to work. It says black screen and I can hear the game music. HDR10 worked before but now it doesn't work after trying the Dolby Vision.... don't understand what is going on. COD WWII works fine with HDR10, Movies also works HDR10. for my friend Dolby Vision works. I'm not sure if it's Windows, the game, TV firmware. he has LG OLED B6 5.30 version , I have LG OLED C6 4.31.0 . Same windows for both of us 1709.

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I've noticed some noticeable performance degredation in some games (-20 FPS) as well as blue screens (IRQ less than equal, oddly enough there are no crash dumps/logs so I can't analyze what exactly caused it) on all four Systems in the household which we haven't had any before (Titan X (Pascal), GTX 1080 (Notebook), GTX Titan X (Maxwell), GTX 1060 6GB) on Windows 10 64 bit 1709 since installing these drivers. They seem to happen after playing various games for a couple of hours. Could be that the latest Windows Update is to blame, too, but the drivers and that was the only thing that got installed, thus one of them is likely the culprit. I've now moved back to 388.43 which have been stable before, so we'll see.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ^^ What type of BSOD you received?

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Anyone BF1 works with HDR10 and Dolby Vision ? because for some reason it worked with HDR10 , and after trying Dolby Vision which got me black screen but music on the background, alt + tab worked , when trying again now both aren't working, TV signal doesn't get HDR or Dolby vision . I think the drivers are screwed or something , cause there is no other reason it will stop working

11. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I'm using modded 385.90 Quadro drivers for PUBG. Best driver for that game in a long time. Beats any of the 388.xx drivers in smoothness and responsiveness. At least on my rig.

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Today's patch fixed performance issues which ROTTR had since the previous one.

Susahamat likes this.
  13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seems like a fine driver, no issues.

(running 1703)

14. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    thanks very smooth update , no driver crash after OC

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Dunno but since i installed these i had crashes in xenoverse 2 i never had before, and my video card just turned off completely while playing, which a reboot fixed but the card was not running at all all of a sudden.

Think i will roll back :p.

16. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    You probably wont want to use NVidia x265 encoder if saving space is a priority for you, I tried it as I had shed loads of movies & tv shows to convert to x265 and saving space was a priority, and converting them all in the shortest possible time but to get a good quality when using the Nvidia x265 encoder means using a high bitrate so a larger file, I ended up using handbrake with the medium preset which gave me excellent quality with much smaller file sizes than what NVidia x256 encoder could manage at the same image quality, yes it took a hell of a lot longer to convert all my video files but it was worth it for the quality and small file sizes. I could achieve the same file sizes with NVidia x265 encoder but only with a much lower bit rate & the quality sucked.

By what I've read the Nvidia x265 encoder is built for speed and boy does it really fly in that regard, it would convert a 1080p movie In a fraction of a time that I could achieve on handbrake, even with the fastest preset, but I wasn't willing to sacrifice the extra storage space. Take a typical 8gb 1080p mkv, on average handbrake on medium preset could shrink them down to between 1-2gb with no loss of quality that I could tell watching them on my 4k tv, the same 8gb file would end up around 4-5gb when using the Nvidia x265 encoder with either the cqp, vbr or vbr2 presets.

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    How many fps does the NV h265 convert at vs Handbrake?

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    No one is using 388.59 or 388.43 with laptop 9xx series or 1000x series ? with 388.31 everything is fine but with the others I have artifacts in movies MKV 1080p and also in youtube. all with hardware acceleration . using Potplayer + MadVR Renderer so it's like using the GPU for gaming but for Videos best quality . Using other Renderer doesn't have the issue , but still youtube has the issue.

It happens in youtube when you pause the video in many places there are colourful dots everywhere like memory artifacts . but games runs fine, but not the best also , it feels like it has reduced fps and higher lag input then 388.31 .. so something is screwed with those drivers... so hate nvidia, how can they not test laptops with youtube videos ??

Also my friend with laptop ASUS ROG G752VS 1070m series have the same issue in Youtube, he doesn't use MadVR but I'm sure it will happen to him there too.

I have Asus ROG G751JT Series 970m

it is visible more or only on HD quality and not 4K . so make sure to check those kind of videos
    for example

No one notice it for the both drivers ??! nvidia just doesn't know about this ???

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Recent drivers wont install on my 1080ti if I remove the unnecessary components before install.
    If I run the installer after removing them I have nothing installed.
    The fix is to manually find the devices in Device Manager and point them to the right driver folder, then it works fine.
    (in my case this is the video and audio drivers)

20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    For what it's worth, I can't reproduce this problem on my Laptop's GTX 1080.