GeForce 388.31 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    Do you play forza 7? I think for me not working gsync!in menu i see gsync indicator but when i play gsync indicator disappears..

2. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    placebo assassins creed origins its seems lots smoother no more stutter in specific area and gpu usage still same 97%

yup i've always force exclusive fullscreen with launch command -window-mode exclusive

3. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    Yep and like you said, these are the issues consumers speak of...if they weren't exclaimed, then these problems would not get fixed.

If we need absolute proof of anything individual perception will always remain our limit. Even common perception includes an inherent level of deception through translation.

There are problems...they last...they get fixed...they leave impressions.

-Tj- likes this.
  4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Drivers seem to be working good ,so far today i've played Ghost Recon wildlands and Euro Truck Simulator 2 and theres no micro-stuttering as i can tell , this is with A/B running in the background and monitoring most things including Power

5. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    "smoother" might be due to render ahead limit (pre-render settings). BF1 started to run smoothly as well "slight input lag added" I immediately felt it and set renderahead to 2 to make it as before.

Previously, I did not need to set it to a value at all. So that's a trick for drivers to manipulate you as they add more input lag which you believe oh game is so smooth right now. If you play with gamepad its no problem.

edit: so be aware

akbaar likes this.
  6. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It's the most extreme camp that says that Nvidia's new drivers sabotage the performance for older GPUs though, the less extreme argument is that Nvidia has stopped doing performance optimizations for their older GPUs in the latest games.

This test includes both older and newer games. Even for Kepler, only a few games show minimal signs of regression, and the latest driver typically performs the best (although typically minimal difference). The 376.33 (December 2016) driver got 10 FPS extra in DOOM, so Nvidia obviously did optimize the driver even for Kepler.
    https://www.computerbase.de/2017-01/geforce-treiber-test/2/#diagramm-doom

Nvidia also supports Shader Model 6.0 on Kepler, and experimental mode shows it supports SM 6.1. It's obvious that Nvidia is actively working on Kepler.

dr_rus likes this.
  7. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Unigine Valley works fine here. Win 10 x64 FCU - Ryzen 7 1800X + 1080 Ti

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    But ma theorriezz!

10. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    finally no more random stutter in Wolfenstein II when using deferred rendering :)

11. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    LOL..."But being an asshole makes me look smratzzzzz!!!" Seriously you may want to consider the idea behind the humble man and his knowledge...or at least get over yourself :)

-Tj- likes this.
  12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    According to what I've read so far, this seems to be some miraculous drivers. Installing now...

13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    It's an old issue with Unity borderless windowed games. Booting the game, tabbing out, and switching your desktop resolution to something else and back to native fixes it.
    You can use something like this to make the process a little less painful (and use DSR if you want) https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/easily-use-dsr-with-borderless-fullscreen.414242/

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, I do play that game but the G-SYNC usually shows. I say 'usually' because I have noticed it disappearing a few times, not just in that game but a few others too. I suspect it is a bug. It only happens intermittently though.

I have noticed that games such as FIFA 18 do not show the G-SYNC indicator at all until I actually start playing the game and (I may have to check this again) it disappears during cutscenes and replays. I'm not sure why but I think it is intentional behaviour since it happens every time I play that game. All other games shows the G-SYNC indicator as soon as the game loads until I exit them.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sorry for being curious but why do you use deferred rendering? When I tried that setting I did not notice any difference with it on or off, the game seemed exactly the same and performed the same too.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is anyone else having problems with GeForce Experience keeping them logged in?

The version included with this driver just doesn't seem to want to keep me signed in despite the Remember Me on This PC box being checked during log in and in the options. This has happened three days in a row now following shutdown of my PC overnight and it's becoming annoying, effectively rendering the program useless since I lose all my saved settings until I log in by entering both my email address and password every time.

Why this has only just started happening, I don't know. I've been using GeForce Experience for months now and it has always kept me signed in.

17. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    give me performance boost -+ 10FPS :) , maybe gain on some configuration hw

18. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    Reverted back to 378.78 Best Driver for the games i play till today
    (this new Driver so much microstutter, high latency 3000ns!!!

This LatencyMon reading while I was playing a game for 40min! stable as a rock

[​IMG]

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    This one runs smoother for me than 388.00 and 388.13.

Keeper!

20. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    So far so good for my games.Will see tomorrow when i will play battlefront II.