GeForce 388.31 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Nov 15, 2017.

1. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Active Member

GPU:
    290x Under Water
    So far so good, this driver is a keeper.

Micro-stutter issue resolved.

2. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1080ti [125/275]
    Micro stutter resolved for oculus rift headsets?

3. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Tested during one hour (BF1, DOOM and COD WWII).

bugs I had with 338.13 seem to have disappeared (alt-tab working very bad in games, black screen when opening certain games, GTX 1080 Ti remaning at stock clocks during games even if it was overclocked).

So, good news ! :)

To be confirmed.

4. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG STRIX 1070
    Uninstalled previous drivers with DDU and just installed these 388.31 without any issues, now to test the games is the question.

5. blurp33

blurp33 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti on H2O
    Sadly, I still have occasional black screen while alt-tab to games since fall creator. Repeat alt-tab solve the issue. This maybe have nothing to do with nvidia driver. It seems fixed in soon to come windows 10 build.

6. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    SLI with Battlefront 2 is not working for me... working for anyone else?

same here higher fps with one card

7. Derko1

Derko1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Not working for me either... but am pulling 200% resolution at 1080 no problem... seems like it's a bit better for a single card. Haven't tried anything higher yet.

8. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Not fixed indeed. Bugs not just with OpenGL and Vulkan. GTA 5 crashing Nvidia driver unrecoverably when using full screen windowed mode with DX11 as well.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  9. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    Man that is just unfair! Name one conspiracy theorist that has a sound and well stated argument that is supported by proven facts...it wouldn't be a theory then. As far as my graph, I was hoping you would play along and provide another yet different benchmark for the game, showing the same results.

I would be hard pressed to find any material supporting a span of 4 generations of cards. No one in this industry would waste their time documenting 4-6 year old hardware While keeping a running benchmark on games from 2011. With that said, poor guys that cant afford new hardware and able to take direct concern, will make posts regarding such a thing. The reason this theory is discussed, is simply because of the parallel timing with new hardware releases. "Why the hell did I lose FPS and gain stutter in Far Cry 4 on my GTX780!!!?!!"....Hey its new hardware!

Yes, as you and others said, it could be bugs or an over sight in the driver optimization for older hardware. Sure they will fix it after they allocate time away from the new generation of bugs. Also, some people need to make up reasons to buy new parts...Is there a better excuse then my shits old and is acting funky?

I like how serious you are...any chance you know a good joke you want to share?

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I just gave you two links to sites which did just that. And these are just what I've remembered right away, there were more, and none of such reviews have proven that there's any performance degradation of older NV cards on newer drivers. Bugs sometimes, sure, they happen on all cards though, not just older ones.

Oh, so all of this was a joke then?

It's just a bit tiresome to have the same discussion over and over again with the other side again not providing anything but the conspiracy theories.

In fact I feel that this should've long switched over to AMD side by now, with how their Fury cards seem to be suffering in each second modern release these days, or how 570 is a lot faster than 480 suddenly in places.

Shady757 and lucidus like this.

11. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    You did not just give me two links that shared results over the course of 4-6 years on aged hardware. You provided links that showed the progression of 1 year in driver releases...hardly what I would call evidence to either of our views.

Don't get me wrong...I am quite serious about the unethical choices of all corporate industries. You can no longer be a fan of a company but, a wise consumer. When you have investors of publicly traded companies foaming at the mouth for profits...Executives find ways to make that happen. Computer hardware is certainly not the only example of consumer manipulation. Any industry that fears a lull in sales will try and boost the appeal. You cant blame them but, the days of a loyal customer went out the window with curtsy and respect on the internet.

12. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    doom crash on vulkan but ogl runs fine any one having this problem?

13. ttnuagmada

ttnuagmada Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti SLI @2101
  14. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 GXT
    I didn't have any issues with the previous drivers, installed these straight over them and the performance seems slightly better although it might be placebo. Either way they are great as usual for me and all my games are playing smoothly without any weirdness which is great. Another fantastic driver for us Maxwell owners. I always do the install that includes only 4 folders, use DDU between branch versions, don't use any gpu monitoring programs as all my custom stuff (clocks, voltage, fan profile) has been hard modded into the BIOS and never seem to have any of the problems that get complained about on here. Couldn't be happier with this GPU and the greater majority of drivers that nVidia delivers.

I have been played Prey, Dying Light, Warframe, and Rocket League with this driver set and all four run like butter. Will report back if anything of interest pops up as I continue playing these games and others. Glad to hear a lot of people have had their stuttering fixed with this driver as that must have been really annoying.

15. jrolson

jrolson Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Screen now goes black for 2-3 seconds in BF4... :(

16. Nima V

Nima V Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB
    I hope this driver fix stuttering problem for me. Nvidia hardware is great and at least a generation ahead of the competition but their driver is lagging behind AMD in recent years. Nvidia should really rethink about their driver team management.

17. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Crash for one time is reasonably common.

elite69 likes this.
  18. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    no now any time i change the api from ogl to vulkan the game crashes with an error window i will try to ddu again and see if solves thanks for the reply.

19. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    If no mistake, this is really normal.

20. Sima

Sima New Member

GPU:
    Phantom 970
    Unigine Valley wont start / black screen
    World of tanks has serios fps drop / but could be windows update too

Rakanoth likes this.