GeForce 388.31 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Nov 15, 2017.

1. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I'll never spend a single penny with Samsung TVs. I'm a die-hard Sony fanboy!

Unfortunately, my current monitor panel is PLS which belong to Samsung. o_O

There's a lot fake 10-bit panel is actually 8-bit + FRC.

2. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Not much difference in real 10 bit vs 8bit+vrc, i can mis the real 10 bit cause i dont se the difference. But i have contact with te reviewer. SDR on my monitor have to much oversaturation and HDR make it more realistic colors, he says also the gamedeflopers dont use te best HDR implantation jet for PC games cause it is in beta and test. Some games have good HDR and some games have bad HDR implantation. We need te wait for more games with better HDR implantation.

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Currently, HDRs is really messed up. http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4580

Let's wait for Q3 2018.

Keesberenburg likes this.
  4. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    color corruptions/green flashing screen/green bars scrolling. To avoid this issue, manually configure your display to 8bpc:

If im using 10 bit rgb full i dont have this issues.

5. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    This proven you own a true 10-bit monitor. :D

6. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Shadow of War have a good HDR implantation. This is the only game with a good HDR implantation. This game loos realy better with HDR on and for this game works HDR only wen windows HDR is enabled. I have buyed Shadow of War yesterday.

7. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Hdr is in a bit of a mess in the pc space but it's not broken on Nvidia cards. It's working just fine for me with latest drivers and windows 10 updates. Only 1 game does not work and that's mass effect which is probably down to ea patching hdr using an insiders build before big changes were made. I don't know about shadow warrior or the witness as I don't have it but these are all working great-

Netflix
    F1
    Resident evil 7
    Nex machina
    Redout
    BF 2
    Hit man
    Obduction
    Destiny 2

8. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Yeah but most of that games have bad HDR optimalisation for the PC, HDR works but not perfect and mind blowing HDR like Middle eurth Shadow of War.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  9. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Well it might look bad to you but to me it looks fantastic in those games I listed. Maybe your expectations are too high. Like what does bad hdr mean ? To me games are displaying light in a realistic way like the 4k films I own.

10. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I mean with bad HDR wen you see only better contrast and ligts are not more bright like BF1 wen only in the night te light are more bright. See it for your zelf with Shadow of War. That's the thing about HDR, really, the implementation varies a lot from game to game. Some implementations are better than others. I found Hitman to be really good in some scenes as well. :) In future titles developers will undoubtedly improve their HDR implementations, especially as more users have access to HDR displays and will expect great things from the experience.

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I don't have HDR display but how would game-play stack up even on properly working HDR.
    I mean from a picture/landscape point of view they can look great but from a gaming viewpoint it would make it harder to pick out targets i would think.

12. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Better contrasts, even in a bright spot you seeing the enemy better then with SDR cause of the overwhelming bloom effect with SDR.

13. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Better shadow detail as well.

Keesberenburg likes this.
  14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, Thanks guys.

I will have to check out some in person then.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    What's wrong with your rig? 390.65 = no issue.

16. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Your rig issue.