GeForce 388.00 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Oct 23, 2017.

1. frytom

frytom Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090
    This guy https://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1720018&p=20573554#post20573554 has also this black fog rendering bug in Divinity: Original Sin 2. All drivers > 385.41 are causing the shadow / lights rendering bug with lights@high.

Nvidia must have changed a lot within the driver's architecture after 385.41. I had also with the newer drivers more thermal problems, the g-card runs more consuming power.

2. Djavulen

Djavulen Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Tried it, sadly didn't fix anything. Literally every game in borderless fullscreen gets half the framerate. I'm back to the creators update and everything is fine now, but i can't deny i'm curious wether or not it's Fall Creators Update or the Nvidia drivers for FCU, i had the same fps problem with the drivers before these.

3. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    Running FCU and still smooth sailing on these. Rainbow Six Siege, Stories: The Path of Destinies, PUBG, Rocket League, Warframe, and more all play perfectly with no issues and buttery smooth frame rate.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  4. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Are there anyone else on Creators Fall update that notice some Color banding issues in game's Like Evil Within 2
    and other?

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Running as good as the previous Driver.

(still running 1703)

6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    No issues here. Installed these, realized I was ready for the Fall Windows update, installed that after these, these stayed installed or maybe got re-installed during fall update. Everything still works fine. Checked, yep - 388 branch still installed. Very cool. Almost worked too well....for MS...

7. rstalcup

rstalcup Active Member

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    Using 388.00 on my 980Ti sli system, with windows 10 1709, works great no issues here, played Destiny 2, WoW, Cold Waters, Elite Dangerous, all on Max settings without Issue, So far this is a keeper

8. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    none of my custom rez seem to work with this driver :(

9. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Wolfenstein 2 on uber preset solid 144 fps, buttery smooth, none of the issues which forced a hotfix.

Xtreme512 likes this.
  10. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Good performance with Destiny 2 but HDR is broken

Yes you seeing good colors on desktop but this print screen is not the same what my monitor showing
    [​IMG]

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm currently stuck on this driver due to experience one second stuttering (which can be fixed by unchecking MSI Afterburner v4.4.0's Power monitoring) and microstuttering.

The microstuttering issue is almost imperceptible but I can feel and see something is still a bit "off" in games like Wolfenstein II for example with v388.13 vs. this v388.00 driver which runs the game perfectly smooth.

I have reported the stuttering issue to NVIDIA but I fear the microstuttering issue may get overlooked because they think it is related to the one-second stuttering issue. Fortunately, I am not playing any games that require a newer driver than v388.00 so I'm OK for now. However, at some point I am going to have to install a new driver and I don't think I'd be happy having to put up with microstuttering as it is one of the reasons I bought a 165 Hz G-SYNC display to get away from all that.

12. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    its more clear now on standard displays thanks to the HDR features. which I found completely useless like all it does is saturating colors (also deep black and whites can be achieved with display types like oled etc.) and deceiving marketing (sounded like amazing tech and incompatibility with existing pro monitors)

13. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This is correct i just noticed this to when i run msi afterburner with any driver newer then 387.92 i get microstutters.

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    These are great divers, no problems and excellent performance!

15. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 960
    I have an issue with this driver in Battlefield 1 since the last update they released a couple weeks ago ( w10 fcu ) the game boots up in 1080 interlaced and not progressive as it is shown ingame, and its blurry and fuzzy, the only way to fix this is to change the refresh rate from 59.94 to 50...

Any other ideas ? Never had this issue before with bf1

16. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    FCU is terrible...this is why I am still using 1607 enterprise. I'm not upgrading until Microsoft stops ruining game performance and fixes their stuttering issues.