GeForce 388.00 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Oct 23, 2017.

1. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Interestingly, setup didn't show the previous driver installed, instead "None." Install went fine as usual, and the nvidia control panel settings were kept the same instead of being reset to defaults (again -- the FallCU did the same thing, for the first time).

2. goodsmac

goodsmac Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Same for me... rolled back to 385.65 and all the green flickering is gone...

3. VisitorX

VisitorX Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    many thx :)

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    14 wat
    14 watts?

5. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    When I lauch BF1 for the first time after reboot for example => Black screen.
    I am obliged to "Alt+tab" to go back on windows and then "alt+tab" again to go back to BF1...

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    OK this is really minor but incredibly annoying. After install, the Steam app resized itself to a really small window. When trying to resize it back to how I had it, Steam won't let me. It's like it's stuck to a few predetermined sizes. As soon as a drag the resize tab at the bottom right of the Steam app it either immediately resizes itself back to the small window or a window that is huge but not quite fullscreen. Won't let me resize to how I want it. Hard to explain but really annoying.

7. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Still can't open Overwatch on my second monitor, load up the game forces it to minimize to the task bar and everytime I try to click it from the task bar, it instantly minimize again, I have GSync on and SLI on, if i disable SLI the game runs fine.

im on the Fall update, and pervious driver to work was 385.69

8. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    Not for me it don't!!!! Still looks weird no matter what I do in anything but 8bit RBG full! After months and months of HDR gaining popularity and becoming standard soon it STILL don't work! I can't even adjust color in CP even after changing to use Nvidia color settings UNLESS I use 8 bit Full RGB then I can adjust color! I can't use these drivers because it breaks HDR in MadVR/MPHC also! So back to 385.69 AGAIN! Anyway I am sorry for ranting but just bugs the $*** out of me! Is anyone getting HDR to work correctly? I have all newer components and very OCD about my driver installs and making sure settings are correct so any ideas would be great! Thanks!

9. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    The 62.8 judder fix for project cars 2 doesn´t work with these either, back to 385.69.

10. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Drivers work great for me, no issues so far and games are silky smooth.Didn't use DDU as they are the same driver branch so I just installed right over the last ones and restarted. On Win 10 FCU.

11. Vtecquila

Vtecquila Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GTX 1060
    Guys i have a problem with new drivers , all games run at 15-30 fps i restored defaults in all settings in nvidia panel nothing changed , i did clear install of drivers using ddu , when i go back to 387.98 hotfix all is fine...

12. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    387.92 w/ Fall CU is already buttery smooth. I'm staying with it for a while.

No compelling reason to update since I don't play those new games anyway.

13. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @maceh I think nothing wrong with your idle mode as my GPU core voltage @ 0.650 V, GPU power @ 6~7 W & total GPU power @ 4~5% (TDP)

I'm not sure what is the reason behind my HWMonitor reading is not accurate anymore. The core & memory clocks remained as 1785 | 4004 MHz.

@HeavyHemi 15~16 watts. Your reading is different?

14. maceh

maceh Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X OC
    With the previous version the TDP was configured to 6% ... I'm afraid that not increase the voltage nor frequency damage the graphics card, plus the temperature increases by 2 or 3 degrees

15. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017

16. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Did you send your feedback to NVIDIA regarding this particular issue? Maybe NVIDIA did edit for the GTX 1080. I'm not pretty sure. :confused:

17. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    With this driver, there is no need to reboot to really enable DSR.
    It's a good news since with a lot of the past release DSR was really enabled only after a reboot.

18. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Nice driver. It might just be that it's later in the night, but this driver looks crisper and more vibrant. BF1 runs really smooth, just like 387.92. Hellblade, RS6: Siege, Killing Floor2, pubg, all run good.

19. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    FYI: According to RodroG on Reddit, who regularly tests and benchmarks the drivers thoroughly, this set made the GTA V problem even worse. He tests under Win10 CU, still.

20. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    This driver is not good for me in some indie games. fps dips from 60fps to 30 fps than it returns. for example
    Submerged game
    Hob Game