GeForce 387.92 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Oct 9, 2017.

1. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Can anyone check PowerDVD17 with Nvidia 3D just normal 3D for Bluray and tell me if it works with this drivers ?? it's driving me insane, my TV is blinking every sec going from 3D to 2D , it can't decide what to show

2. Alberto

Alberto Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning Z
    After the update to Windows 10 Fall CU, 3D Vision module is missing both on desktop and both on start menu programs and apps.:(

3. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX

can you install them and test 3d bluray with powerdvd17 ?

Alberto likes this.
  4. Alberto

Alberto Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning Z
    My PC haven't the DVD Player :rolleyes:
    And how I can install them? The only way is re installing the driver

5. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Still having driver crashes in Phase Shift both before and after installing Fall Creator's Update.

Only difference is that with FCU, instead of the screen going black and recovering, it now freezes, then after about a second updates one frame and then remains frozen with audio still running in the background. This persists until i Alt-Tab out and then back in again, at which point normal operation resumes.

Edit: Meant to post this in the 387.98 thread, but I had crashes with .92 all the same, so probably doesn't matter.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  6. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    I will try driver 385.xx I just want to watch 3D movie for now.....

for some weird reason WinDVD12 Pro works fine in 3D ... but PowerDVD17 is messed up.

EDIT : PowerDVD released new version , testing

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    install 387.92 with the SSC 1060gtx 6gb, all looks good , not really fond of the whole no fan spin till certian temp, 68c and the fans were barely doing 20% and anything above 40% is very loud, that inside a FD Define R5 I think i might stick my spare noctua fan in the case side panel to pull air away from the gpu, I mean granted my 660gtx was hitting 73c at 100%pwr/gpu usage.

8. p3r02d3r0

p3r02d3r0 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming 4GB
    Just had a BSOD after exiting Shadow of War. Using Fall update.

WhoCrashed says:

On Wed 18.10.2017. 19:54:44 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101817-8921-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x1D24E0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80CBC0C24E0, 0xFFFFFC039D123BA0, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d0a31ff5946203b6\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 387.92
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 387.92
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 387.92 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: NVIDIA Corporation SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

9. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I use the Windows 10 Update Assistant to upgrade since I can't wait anymore, then use DDU to reinstall the 387.92 & so far so good.

FYI, I didn't clean install whole OS.

10. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    [quote]Just updated to the Fall Creator's. Battlefield 1 runs ridiculously smooth now. Will test other games tonight, but the improvement is noticeable.
    [/quote]

did you use the new game mode? whats your CPU?

11. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    No. I still have everything disabled in the settings/gaming section, and I have disabled full screen optimizations through the game's exe. 7700k @ 4.9GHz. I also still use this: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/42847/high-cpu-usage-low-fps-potential-fix and cap at 150.

**edit**

I see you have an i5? Disable/turn off threaded optimizations.

12. manny2709

manny2709 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 870M 3GB
    Having an issue with Black Ops 3 with this driver and the new fall creators update. Crashes and says DEVICE DISCONNECTED. Rolled back to 385.69 and so far its fine.

13. Flybyderp

Flybyderp New Member

GPU:
    AMP! Extreme 980 TI
    This driver seems to of completely destroyed overclocking on my GPU. My past overclocks which worked fine before are now unstable :<.

Installed by the usual method, DDU Safe Mode then installed.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Hm just tried it now and it ran great,
    [​IMG]
    same better smoothness just like by KillingFloor2.

Looks like RS3 has better gpu rendering latency or wddm 2.3 did some wonders.

15. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    man.. with your CPU, even downclocked, you don't have to bother with settings at all, just put ultra detail and go.

i will try disabling threaded optimizations for BF1 and see if it makes any difference.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I just test Witcher 2 with 1060gtx every thing on max, inlucding ubersampling that pretty much has the GPU at 90~100 usage if i turn off ubersampling gpu is at 40% @ 1080p i assuming ubersaming is pretty much higher res down scaled?

17. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Not exactly. BF1 is poorly optimized. Max fps is irrelevant to me. I do what I do to maintain a minimum fps as it only concerns me when the poop is hitting the fan and stuff is exploding all around me. It's expressly in these situation that I want to keep 150.

Also, clock speed doesn't affect input lag. Rendering ahead 1 is something I always do with fps games.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Frostbite's DX11 renderer is one of the most optimized pieces of software on this planet.

19. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    LMAO
    A prime example of a person not knowing what they're talking about.

20. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Rus, I said BF1 was poorly optimized. I did not Frostbite was poorly optimized.

Groin, I do love irony...

The single largest complaint about BF1 after DX crashing is about its cpu utilization; specifically, at or near 100% cpu utilization, sometimes even in the menus. I could link you posts... even though I already have in this very thread... but that would require of you something I'm not sure you're capable of, and it would also jack the rest of this thread.

Dice does not optimize for anything less than high end hardware. They have come out and admitted it: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/electronic-arts-develops-games-high-end-pc-first/

There has been no optimization/performance patch to date. So yeah... one of us doesn't know wtf he's talking about for sure.