GeForce 387.92 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Oct 9, 2017.

1. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Share any info about Shadow of War profile and checking if SLI is working on this one...I assume they only force single gpu, correct?

2. Outcasst

Outcasst Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    These drivers appear to automatically enable the HDR mode in Windows whenever it detects HDR content. This is really bad, because Windows HDR mode is still completely broken, even in 1709.

3. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    I just cant believe this is still an issue, how long has it been? I have re shadow warrior and mass effect just collecting dust waiting for this to be fixed.

4. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Causing artifacts in The Division :(

This is also without OC on the GFX.

Gotta revert to the previous ones.

5. Gorey

Gorey Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Not sure where to post this, but i just installed these drivers tonight after installing the windows 10 fall creators update.

I'm getting screen tearing in games now. I have triple buffering + vsync forced to on in the control panel (like i always do). But doesn't seem to be helping. I'm getting tearing in games i never had issues with, and now in Fallout 4 i either get 30 fps or 60fps. Nothing in between. It's like triple buffering isn't even working now.

Anyone else having these issues with this driver? Or is this just the new windows update causing problems?

6. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    How much of this is a function of the silly Creators updates?

Still on 1607 here and no issues.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Triple buffering option in the control panel is for OpenGL apps only, it never had any effect on D3D games.

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I had this happen after an OS update a while back. Even in games with native triple buffered vysnc I was getting the 60-30-60 stuff and nothing in the NVCP or game settings would fix it. I ended up fixing it by going into "Settings" and turning off all of the Xbox and Gaming related crap. Game mode, Game DVR, broadcasting, Game bar and most importantly the "show game bar when I play full screen games MS has verified" setting. I turned all of that off, restarted and games run just fine and triple buffering works as intended.

StarvinMarvinDK likes this.
  9. Gorey

Gorey Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Already had all that game mode/ game bar stuff turned off.

I just rolled back to 1703 (the OS version i was using before Fall Creators Update). Currently setting up some things, then gonna try a few games later. Will post back.

10. Gorey

Gorey Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    After rolling back to windos v1703 all games are functioning correctly again.

11. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I'm on 1709 no problems with games :)

12. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    If have issue then I suggest clean install. I don't think v1709 have issue because v1709 > v1703.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i got new 1060gtx to install, will these drivers work with 1703?

also there was post by the some user that show what folders could be safely removed Physix, drivers and maybe HD audio is all i need

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  14. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    I don't think you'll be running into any issues installing these drivers on the Creators Update. By the way which version of the GTX 1060 did you get, i.e: 3GB or the 6GB?

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    SSC 1060 6gb gtx

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Congrats..:)

I just updated to RS3 too, and I saw KillingFloor2 runs soo much smoother compared to RS2, or is it WDDM2.3 magic., idk, but whole picture looked more fluid like I ran at 75HZ not 60HZ.

Also color in general was clearer and detailed compared to RS2.. At least in KillingFloor2.. It was the last thing I played before.
    In both cases color profile keeper running in the background.

17. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Just updated to the Fall Creator's. Battlefield 1 runs ridiculously smooth now. Will test other games tonight, but the improvement is noticeable.

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Anyone having issues with PowerDVD17 3D Bluray movies ? when I'm trying to run 3D movie it goes into infinite loop of black screen going 3D to 2D notifications ... and I can only CTRL + ALT + DEL and sign out
    The funny thing is the 3D wizard is working now ....................

Is it nvidia 3D issue or powerdvd17 3D issue ? because powerdvd17 works fine when using Row Interleaving

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  19. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    DX11+ is indeed works better on RS3. DX9 bugs a bit - no overlays. OpenGL and Vulkan, though, are disaster.

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Can anyone check PowerDVD17 with Nvidia 3D just normal 3D for Bluray and tell me if it works with this drivers ?? it's driving me insane, my TV is blinking every sec going from 3D to 2D , it can't decide what to show