GeForce 385.69 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Solareus Prime

Solareus Prime Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 7870 x 2 / 2gig
    I have to question if the drivers are actually upgraded, or become a marketing tool to keep Nvidia in the headlines.. It is almost every week they have a new driver... that to me is suspect.

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

It's crazy how often i have to use this picture in this forum lately. So many conspiracy theorists.

Keitosha and Solareus Prime like this.
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Not to mention the last driver was literally 1 month ago.

5. Claude350

Claude350 Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC
    And one month ago doesn't equate to every week.

6. Solareus Prime

GPU:
    MSI 7870 x 2 / 2gig
    And yet AMD released a driver.... This is marketing more then improvements imho.
    Nvidia released 3 drivers last month equating to a driver a week.
    I'm curious what does the stock do when a new driver is announced ...

Here is a fun fact, every day Nvidia released a driver, AMD released one either that day or the next following day . If that isn't a marketing war,.....

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  7. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Thanks Hilbert.

8. fry178

fry178 Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1060/6GB@2GHz
    @solareusprime
    So you rather have stuff not getting fixed, so it "looks better" on paper.
    Lol, right...

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti Galax EXOC
    So instead of juat talking crap does anyone have anything constructive about the driver performance or issues?

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti @2GHz silent

11. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 Windforce OC 4Gb
    What the hell are you talking about Solareus, there hasn't been a new driver for several weeks. You're talking out your arse kid.

Come back when you learn the difference between "then" and "than" okay? :) cheers

12. Solareus Prime

GPU:
    MSI 7870 x 2 / 2gig
    I'm all for getting things fix, but at the pace both card makers are going, they end up breaking more then they fix. I personal can't upgrade my drivers because of issues with animation plugins like Trapcode suite breaking on opengl effects. Games like Age of conan , the witcher 3 ect all have the same issue with x fire ect. It is relevant to point out that magically both companies are on the same driver schedule....

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  13. mikev190

mikev190 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP! Extreme
    No offence but it's pretty stupid to think they would use drivers to market. Especially same branch drivers with no new features. But didn't AMD do that last year?

My 2c why there was a few drivers last month is because of bugs and game ready releases. I'd rather have regular drivers. Some people just have to moan.

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    The magical schedule of releasing drivers with new games?... Nvidia's stock is down today, btw and the idea of stock price being affected by driver launches is.. well let's just say no one trades based on drivers launches unless they start bricking cards or magically increasing performance to the point where it's advertised all over the media.

I don't know about AMD because I don't have experience with their prosumer cards - but if you're doing animation stuff with trapcode in AE you're probably going to want a certified AE card. Nvidia goes out of it's way to make sure the quadro drivers are compatible with most plug-in suites and maintains compatibility for older software + has a higher degree of testing/validation on those cards, which is why they come with a massive price premium. I'm sure AMD does the same.

15. Solareus Prime

GPU:
    MSI 7870 x 2 / 2gig
    I'm not one to say I'm wrong or it's my opinion, I just find it funny how these drivers are coming out. Marketing is not about the driver itself, it is about the "name". Getting the name out there, that is why it's called "marketing. When they release a "driver" the name gets posted on over 50+ websites around the web.. I would also argue that if drivers are coming out too fast, it actually could impact the stock of either company because people would start thinking "what's wrong with the product" .... my opinion.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 AMP!
    Silly reasoning. Driver releases are also tied new games optimizations, dont you read the release notes? And yes, they can be tied to fixes as well, but that just means they are more on top of things. Frequent driver releases are not necessarily a bad thing, but more often a good thing. I would be more inclined to favor the side with more frequent driver releases tbh.

17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    wtf kind of logic is this?

Again:

[​IMG]

18. Solareus Prime

GPU:
    MSI 7870 x 2 / 2gig
    Making fun of me won't change my opinion. I'd rather have a tin foil hat then be naive. So how much performance boost does one get with this latest driver ?

19. Bescrawl

Bescrawl New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980 Gaming 4
    Does anyone know if these drivers are better then the forced Windows 10 insider 387.68 drivers? Or what the difference is?

20. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    "Windows 10 insider 387.68 drivers" must be a driver version from inside the m$ boss's arse... That's how much insider-wise it must be...