GeForce 385.41 - WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Working good and running smooth in Destiny 2 which is a very colorful looking game, (Beta). Not my kinda game though so ive uninstalled it (just wanted to try it out )

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Looks like my issues with Doom have been solved after the Steam client updated itself. I guess it was a problem with Steam then and not the drivers. Oh well, it's not the first time that NVidia's drivers have been blamed for something it had nothing to do with :D

3. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    how are the performance in dishonored 2?

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I did get a hardlock (complete freeze) while playing Destiny 2 and had to reset the computer. When I checked the Event log there was no relevant info.

5. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    For those who have updated to CU -- is it worth it? I've read reports of stuttering in games since CU, and then there's the HDR shenanigans (I do occassionally hook this box up to an HDR OLED).

Edit: This is here and not in OS forums as at least one of these is a driver issue.

6. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    It's still horrible, I love this kind of games but I've had it uninstalled, the game stutters like crazy, however Prey works perfect.

7. Horrid stutter and low performace in online games. I've resorted to dualbooting with Win7.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...th-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If you want to use HDR then you're better off waiting for 1709 on 1607. HDR is pretty much broken in 1703 and probably won't be fixed, ever.

As for the stuttering - I see no difference between 1703 and any other Win10 version.

9. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Driver still crashes watching stream on chrome on my secondary display (at least once daily), let´s go back to 361.6.

10. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Had exactly the same in destiny and one in PUBG , both times had to reset pc and both times nothing in event viewer

11. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    This is exactly why I haven't been able to use any driver past the 382.xx series. Hardlocks with zero information. Reverted back to all stock clocks after first crashes, yet they continue. Civ VI, GoW 4, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Diablo 3, DOS:EE and GTAV have all given me reliable yet unpredictable hardlocks/total system freezes. The performance boosts are nice, but I'd rather play a stable game even if it runs a bit slower.

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I remember when the Witcher 3 first came out, and back then I was running two GTX 980s in SLI mode. Since the Witcher 3 was so GPU intensive, my usual GPU overclock was completely unstable, but even after reverting to stock clocks, I was still suffering from instability with hardlocks and freezes, sometimes with and without driver errors.

Anyway, I fixed the problem by using DDU to clean install the drivers. Sometimes when a GPU suffers from instability due to overclocking and the system hardlocks or crashes repeatedly, it can damage the drivers. That's been my experience at least.

13. That makes no sense. How do you "damage the drivers"?

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well perhaps "damage" was the wrong word. Corrupted would have been a better choice I suppose. Drivers can be corrupted like any software, and once it's been corrupted, it will always be unstable and prone to errors.

15. Not really, the only thing that can change is your environment, already installed software will not change unless you actually modify it. Seems to me like you're just making stuff up. How exactly do you think one can "corrupt" their drivers? I'd like to note the 1,800 posts you have here too, btw.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    o_O

I knew there was something familiar about your name. Weren't you banned?

tiliarou likes this.
  17. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    google "corrupted driver". read stuff. it's a thing.

tiliarou likes this.
  18. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Same problem i have ... Hardlocks with zero information. Staying on 382.xx and all is good!

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Ok? This is rather alarming. I personally have not had these problems before (at least not that I remember) so it concerning when reading that other have the same thing. Hope that nVidia is on it, thought it must be hard to hunt a bug of this kind if it's completely random and has no traces of ever happening.

Could still try the DDU solution.

20. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I just left my computer with chrome open for about an hour, came back and it was hard frozen, no keyboard, no mouse cursor, nothing (reseto button for me as well)... never happened on 361.6 and older. This driver is fubar.