GeForce 385.41 - WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Measured and confirmed by Afterburner...

2. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 660Ti DCU II
    A driver that's useless can only waste resources, no matter how few and if it can only work against you, I say disable at least the part that you can. I didn't say it's crippling, but there is just no reason to keep it enabled. You just have to consider how anti-consumer the component is. You don't even need to watch the video I posted. Just google the thing. People are scrambling to update the drivers while they just bring no benefit, and that's what I want to bring to people's attention.

No, the lack of AMT only prevents network management without the presence of an OS. If you are on Windows and an attacker finds a vulnerability in IME, they could potentially find a way to trigger it if your computer is online. Again, remember that IME has direct access to all memory, so altering that in a specific way could initiate a process that would allow full remote control of your computer. And who knows how complicated or simple that would be. Maybe it would require another vulnerability in your web browser, or maybe loading a jpg image with its data arranged in a specific way would be enough. There is just no way to know when it will happen and to what extent.

Again with the sensors, and "way more information" seriously? Please disable IME for just a moment and check HWiNFO you don't need to restart or anything. You'll see the readings and oscillations will be exactly the same as before.

Interesting. I just went through the hassle of installing Gigabyte's System Information Viewer and controlled my fans just fine. Then installed Ryzen Master and overclocked also just fine... all with AMD PSP drivers disabled of course. Maybe Intel is more calamitous creating artificial barriers for its users, and that would be yet another reason to not trust the thing and disable it.
    Although that's not what I think. I think you just googled a little bit and read someone say in another forum that it's not possible to overclock or control fans through software without IME drivers. And then without any more research you posted your fake findings as if you "knew" that all along. If that's the case shame on you...

Now I'll just wait for someone else to test on Intel. Even though those are still pretty rare use cases, and my AMD tests already prove that IME drivers are not intrinsically necessary for those controls.

3. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    Just tried to install Win7 with these drivers and got 18% more draw calls in DX11 feature tests than on Win10AU. Holy crap it's real.

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Besides the conspiracy theory, now you are comparing to ryzen.
    I'll just go ahead and stop since you are making comparisons that have literally zero bearing with another.

5. fernake

fernake Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Windows 10 is the biggest crap that has ever existed.

6. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    is there ITA driver for Z77 system?

7. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX Ichill x3
    you don't want to install those, I had issues with my network after installing them. it just changes the resolution timer to 1.00 instead 15.756ns and it should improve performance on some old games, but nothing for new one.

8. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    Tried Win 8.1 - same crap as 10. Only Win7 gives this boost. Time to roll back.

9. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970
    What kind off issue?

I use the 1.9 in my z77 and don't remember any issue so far.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GX980Ti Amp!Extreme
    ^
    I uininstalled its NIC part and one more in installer, also disabled all net access and np either. Even with all that installed.

Anyway, I played some more games and its still ok. BUT I just got my first black screen in FF, happened here when i watched embedded YT video 1080p @60fps. Maybe it was one-time fluke, will see more.

11. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1070 AMP!
    Bit off topic but I went and checked WinRaid site and got hold of a newer IME Firmware for my board (IME v.8.1.70.1590)...been using (IME v.8.1.65.1586) since 2015 :eek:..thanks for the slight derail guys. :D

Edited, now irrelevant info.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  12. k2mil

k2mil New Member

GPU:
    MSI 680 GTX Lightning OC
    I have UHD TV Samsung 8 Series. After updating to this driver TV goes not show HDR icon in extend display mode. Now it doesn't the only way for it to get HDR signal again in is to do W+P and select Second screen only but the picture is so dim this time around something is just not right.

Any one here with suggestions. Thanks.

13. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X 2k/9200
    Dragondale13 and JAMVA like this.
  14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1070 AMP!
    Kudos on the link!

This one here :
    • Security updates to Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Windows shell, Microsoft Uniscribe, Microsoft Edge, Device Guard, Windows TPM, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Hyper-V, Windows kernel, and Windows Virtualization.

More than likely would interfere with my X-Fi drivers like these updates usually do, a rollback of graphic and sound to generic drivers, before applying this update will save me some time.Thanks for the heads up.:)

15. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    Seriously, first time some times I see some extremely small green artifacts likewise... Like when I see a movie. I hope it's the driver and not my card getting burnt because I keep the money for the i5 8600 and the the new Razer Keyboard and mouse. It would be the worst time having to change GPU too. And usually this is how GPUs start breaking.

I pray is the driver something else. Any by the the way still are extremely rare and you need to sit in front of your monitor to notice them. No other problems whatsoever. Everything is working perfectly.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017

16. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    This started happening some time ago because it doesn't save anymore the section you close the panel. It always starts at the lighter first section. Felt it too the first day but then I realised what's happening.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    These drivers open NVCP at whichever section you had open when you closed it

18. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X + GTX 1060
    Green artifacts could very well be related to hardware failure, but perhaps your clocks are just too high. Is it only happening in movies or in games as well?
    Does it happen when you run display driver uninstaller and install an older driver where it didn't happen before?
    Monitor your clocks and temperatures and see if there is anything out of the ordinary.
    If you have your video card overclocked (especially the memory), try to set it back at stock and see if it's gone. Also, dust out the video card's cooler (and the rest of your PC as well if you get the chance), in case you don't do it regularly.
    Perhaps it will help.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  19. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    So far it did it only in a few movies and extremely rare in windows desktop having a colourful wallpaper. Once I took too many drugs, the idiot downloaded the program I hate ( afterburner ). Good idea, let me check the clocks. Also, 2 days ago I was ready for a general and a very careful cleaning, but that I'll get the i5 8600K so Φuck it. The matter is, the GPU won't change when I'll get the new CPU, M/B/RAM. It's really bad time to lose my GPU because I also last of this month have to get both keyboard and mouse ( deathadder ) too. At least my Samsung 850 Pro proved to be extremely reliable along my CS550M

20. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1070 AMP!
    After Windows update and fresh install of drivers, went playing around with WD2 again.I narrowed the freeze/crash problem down to X-Fi CMSS-3D.

Switched it off in Creative control panel, off under SB Enhancements tab and enabled full range, under Windows speaker configuration.

Best I've ever gotten this game to run.No issues with DSR x4, auto refresh, ultra settings (high textures) vsync off in Nvcpl + AF x16 (Clamp on) HQ filtering, MT On, Pre-render 1, Prefer max perf.

Overclock on the gpu stable at 2100/9000 MHz using AB beta16.
    This driver is a killer performer.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017