Geforce 385.12 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by robalm, Aug 1, 2017.

1. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yeah, both SLI and CF are basically dead at this point. Too much resources required to support a feature which less than 1% of user base even have.

3. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Monitor doesn't appear able to enter sleep mode, will have to revert to previous driver.

Edit: Turns out a USB device I had plugged in was preventing sleep.

Aside from the same driver crashes I've experienced with previous sets, everything works as it should.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  4. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3090
    I have stuttering, lagging etc in BO3, whatever the drivers, whetever if I disable SLI or not.
    The first match I play is generally ok (Eveything maxed out), smooth and 200fps (2560x1440).
    Then, during the second starts to freezes, stutters and fps decrease by 20% to 30%.
    Then the game is weird and run bad...
    And textures becomes bad.
    Vram usage decreases also...
    That's terrible.
    I have reformatted the pc, etc...everything is "ok" on my pc, except this game.
    I have tried a lot of drivers, all tips on the net, etc...

Could you send me by PM alll your game settings and your complete rig ?

Thnks

5. rla1999

rla1999 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080 TI FE
    For those of you with 1080 TIs and Windows 10, which driver are you currently on? I'd like to update to 384 or this 385 beta and would like to know which works best in general. Thanks

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Hm. Well, i run specperfview 12 with the previous WHQL drivers and these ones.
    Even though i have a 1070, i gained a couple of fps here and there in the tests.
    A couple of tests had just 0.5 fps difference so it could be just in the error margin (though the tests run a couple of times and are averaged.)
    And in some cases gained 4-5 fps.

7. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Well in my case in not going to consider amd anymore, most because of the waiting, they took 9 months after maxwell release to throw some of their previous cards rebranded and give us hbm that nobody gave a ****, now more than 1 year after pascal just to throw a single gpu to compete with the 1080, and they announced that they even had ready a 1080ti competitor, so im glad i bought this 1080ti, i was really tired of waiting. And i never will go back to amd.

And somehow amd fanboys think they are ahead of nvidia thanks to some good marketing, but as an ex AMD consumer with a neutral point of view i don't see that tbh.

8. Tarowah

Tarowah New Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080Ti SC
    Guess I'll give these a try, maybe they'll fix an issue I am having in Playerunknown Battleground.

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I set my monitor to 63hz and these settings;

https://postimg.org/image/bp13tlzl5/
    https://postimg.org/image/4g4mgq1yn/

I think "Order Independant Transparency" is one of the problematic graphical settings in this game, although, I think there are still some bugs with performance anyway. I've also had all of the settings maxed-out and haven't had any problems, except for OIT. I also set anisotropic filtering to at least 4x in Nvidia control panel. YMMV.

10. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Giving this set a try... ;)

11. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    they just unloked things on drivers wierd nvidia you are acting wierd?Just kiding no problems for me exept on doom but i can live with that.So far fast and keepers for now.

12. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
  13. AMDNvidia

AMDNvidia Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB + GTX 780Ti
    No issues with this driver

*-* solid 60fps in ARK

14. grimmute

grimmute Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE RX590 8G
    Does this fix the "bottom half of the monitor flickering frequently" issue on the latest drivers? I had this problem since 384.76.

I'm on 382.53 with GTX 970 right now.

15. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    Never say never !

You sure are "neutral" /s

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Installed them yesterday, nothing unusual yet by daily usage. Will try some game later at night.. too hot atm lol almost 40c.. dont want sauna in room xD

17. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    Is there any way to test these results on other cars that are 10xx series and 9xx series? Just curious.

18. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Try google search. I believe I saw someone running the SpecViewPerf 12.1 test using a different card with old driver than new driver, but the results were not dramatic.

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Not true at all.

Tons of SLI and CF users out there.

You can't go by steam survey or something. Not all users even let steam gather their info.

You don't need a lot of "resources" to support SLI or CF. If you can afford another card to match then that is the only "resource".

You can run SLI or CF with an i5 and be just fine. No bottlenecks.

That's like a local news station taking a poll and claiming 100 people participating is the whole country.

You can't just take a survey and think a handful is everyone.

20. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/ MAC M1
    Give us your statistics then.

SLI/ CF is on decline, and I personally used SLI for two generations. Far too many issues, and less and less support for it. It is dying out.