GeForce 381.65 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JAMVA, Apr 6, 2017.

1. rla1999

rla1999 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080 TI FE
    is that a new thing new monitors will now have? I have a 1 year old monitor. the Acer Predator XB271HU. I am assuming I don't need to worry about this?

2. rla1999

rla1999 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080 TI FE
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info

3. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Backing up your program files folder and %user% helps a lot. Not that I recommend you upgrade to win 10, I generally oppose spyware.

4. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    honestly, i have had to reinstall twice due to preview build issues, and i knew that was a risk, outside that though, i havent had to reinstall 10 to fix any bugs i have found, not sure why some people need to or feel the need to...

been doing this since the dos days... 10's been, at least for me, outside preview build bugs(to be expected) at least as reliable as 7, with better perf, and more resilient to boot.

i do always recommend people do major build updates by downloading the ISO and extracting it, then run the setup from there, that way theres no risk of buggered files as can happen with updates from my(and many other peoples) exp.(infact, an ms rep on their own forums has posted a link to the preview build advanced dl page and told people to run the upgrade to the same build from the extracted files specifically because, it fixes ALOT of weird bugs people run into, without need to reinstall a bunch of crap...)

as to making such things less painful, backup your appdata folder, and install your browser as a mobile install (i know people who keep theirs in google drive because then, its always up to date and backed up...)

anyway, a another tip is https://ninite.com/ saves alot of time and effort, been around for years, no catch, no malware/spyware/etc....just...alot of time saved...

but...honestly...the problems i have had almost all came back to "i need to run ddu and reinstall those drivers" and "this apps causing windows 10 to act like its retarded and drunk on four loko"

cant really blame 10 for those issues....

its far from flawless, but...i dont get all the hate....of 12 systems i upgraded, ranging from core2duo and first gen amd dual core laptops, to i3/5/7 and amd phenom 1/2, driver/dozer, even an very very old quad socket netburst xeon workstation (beta setup that ran 4x pentium-d based xeons...never went to market....HP with an board that has unbranded bios...lol) every case, i did it from either extracted files on the hdd, or a flash drive, and, not a single fail....my fathers system actually had alot of bugs fixed that....honestly i had written off as "i will reinstall that system once he backs up his ****"......my fathers core2quad6600 dell had a couple caps on the board burst....(audio died) i had an acer 9650 system i was able to move his drive to, 3 restarts later, and 10 is working as if nothings ever been funky or buggy on that system ever....

10's got alot of hate in part because....well..people dont like change, people dont really like ms...and people didnt like 8/8.1, though, with a proper start menu and fences...8 is actually just fine....the start screen just sucks a fat....well you know...

whats funny is, one of my friends who has mixed feelings about 10, was having "7 never had any problems" feels, went back to his cloned 7 install(he upgraded the original to 10).. and...3 days later...said "ok, i was wrong, 7 just as different bugs i forgot about" and since...hes been using 10 for everything....his main complaint is about getting the g19 (i think thats the model) keyboard screen working in 10, and i think he just needs to install the updated riva statistic server and it should work again..from what i read....would help if logitech would actually support their **** properly...)

its like nV and AMD fanboi's who cant admit their company has ever had bad hardware or a bad driver...

like the guy claiming that it wasnt a driver bug that causes physx memory leak it was warframes developers bad code....when....after working with nv...turns out nv patched the bug in the drivers, that effected more hardware physx titles.....but..claim that was a patch to fix a game from 2013 spicifically....the dude said so....ugg...

i rarely see anybody like that from the amd side here....on tpu though....well place is full of fanbois who cannot admit their company has ever ****ed up...

one got himself banned when he flipped the **** out after i linked anand showing the nVidia FX line perf vs a 9600(radeon)...after he claimed nvidia had never made bard hardware and best of alll never used dirty driver tricks to gain in benches...that ruined quality for users....

anands halflife 2 review of the FX line choking to death on dx9....he lost it...ended up banned for at least a week...even is forums friends where rolling...

im an amd fan, but not a fanboi....the 1070 was the best value for my needs after amd's drivers made my 290x crossfire EOL....

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm getting NVDisplay.Container.exe crashes.

Examples.

Problem Event Name: BEX64
    Application Name: NVDisplay.Container.exe
    Application Version: 1.2.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 58df0aaf
    Fault Module Name: NVSVC64.DLL_unloaded
    Fault Module Version: 8.17.13.8165
    Fault Module Timestamp: 58df086a
    Exception Offset: 000000000009ba18
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 0000000000000008
    OS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: f189
    Additional Information 2: f189b059d9739e83462d539dbbd6a57d
    Additional Information 3: d372
    Additional Information 4: d37225d5117179c84fb3a3f9b6a150d9

Problem Event Name: BEX64
    Application Name: NVDisplay.Container.exe
    Application Version: 1.2.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 58df0aaf
    Fault Module Name: NvXDCore.dll_unloaded
    Fault Module Version: 8.17.13.8165
    Fault Module Timestamp: 58df0acc
    Exception Offset: 000000000008f2e7
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 0000000000000008
    OS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: d41d
    Additional Information 2: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
    Additional Information 3: b493
    Additional Information 4: b493481034fc1be15a7cb0c4fec2a4e1

Going by the times in reliability report, it seems like these happen only after booting the PC in the morning. Doesn't affect restarts.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  6. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    On a sidenote

Lately, I have noticed that whenever I download the version for win7/8...8.1 it ends up "corrupted" (crc errors, unfinished download etc.). Now, it had NEVER happened to the downloading of win 10 version.

Having in a view the policy and the DNA of the BigBadBill $ the gang (namely: forcing win 10 upon PC users) I would not be surprised at all if it would turn out to be purposedly made (these criminals are able to even bribe the download servers as to make download of everything related to win 7 miserable).

7. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @PF Prophet blamed your AMD processor not W10 cos i don't have such issue like u mentioned.

8. Spax1171

Spax1171 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 OC
    Driver is very bad for me. Temperature is to high when playing games. Couple times have crash.
    Nvidia continue make problems with drivers. Next shopping is red. For sure.

9. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    All working fine here on W10 Creators Update. Never had any issues since Day 1.

10. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Same here, just on first boot
    W10 Creators Update

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Do you have fast startup enabled?

12. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    thanks for sharing but FYI, every driver or windows update for me is considered beta due to continuously updating.

13. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    Add me to the list of people with borked HDR.
    There's no "fix" if you're looking to play HDR games beyond going back to the old driver.

If you don't have any HDR games or don't care, you can always disable HDR within Windows (Settings, System, Display, "HDR & Advanced Color") or manually select RGB/8bit using the Nvidia panel.
    Both settings kill off the option to use HDR in games, though. They'll just show up as a black screen.

Anyone know if there's a way to "silent stream" Atmos so it doesn't have that 2-second dead air while the stream initializes?

14. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    Do not install this driver on latest Fast ring Win10 insider, unless you want messed up system. Had to go back to previous build because weird things with os started to happening, like overlay in apps not working, bsods and after going back problems with installing any nvidia driver. I even thought my gpu died a little bit :)

15. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    All good for me and I'm on the latest version that came in yesterday

16. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Sorry to be 'that guy,' but it is 'through' and not 'threw.'

17. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Got a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL GSOD as soon i upgraded to the build 16170 that came out yesterday.

18. SkyR34

SkyR34 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080
    Sorry to be "that other guy"..but yes.

19. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    I found dropping oc amount on older gpu/cpu solves alot of these random issues people seem to have especially ms w10 users:)

20. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    dont buy anything thats not current gen, and then, expect that within 2 years of purchase AMD will stop actually fixing bugs that apply to your card/cards.

i say this as somebody who got a 1070 because AMD's drivers 16.12 and up are all bugged for 290/390 users and after 6months and a bunch of drivers, its become very clear...they dont intend to bother fixing it....we own cards they dont care about anymore....the gnc1.0 UVD bug, has been around for years...never addressed...

you got a choice, whos bugs are going to drive you less crazy....and whos cards going to give you the best bang or the buck....

sadly, nothing amd currently have on the market is really worth what they are charging on the mid/high range...at least thats my opinion.... specially knowing they have spent 6months(or so) with drivers that make cards they still sell, unuseable if you dont want to deal with stock fan ramps and high temps....or want to crossfire...that will get you black screens on quite a few games in my exp....16.11.5 last useable driver for us schmucks who gave amd money for a high end 290x(tri-x) or..2....

blah....driver supports become pretty shoddy for both companies from the number of reports i have seen with screenshots and people agreeing they have the bugs to...