GeForce 381.65 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JAMVA, Apr 6, 2017.

1. basco

basco Member Guru

GPU:
    560tfII
    interesting thing with that higher idle voltage in win 10.

on win8.1 i got lower idle Volts from 0,8690 to 0,8490

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I haven't tried it personally but I don't see why it wouldn't work like this: move Origin's library folder(s) to the drive you want it to be and quit Origin; move the games from the old library folder to the new one (via File Explorer or similar); start Origin again, refresh games library and in case the games which were installed previously would be missing now try re-downloading them - Origin should pickup the files from the disk instead of actually downloading them.

But this will work only for those games which aren't downloaded as installers first. Tbh, only a handful of games in Origin do this these days. Even Dead Space 1 (the oldest game in Origin I have I think) doesn't, as far as I remember.

3. SA SYS

SA SYS Active Member

GPU:
    GEFORCE GTX 1080 FE
    wtf nvidia

this instant replay sometimes dont save my clips :(((((((((

geforce exprience has close program error

pls fix it coooooooome on

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Yes, that basically matches one method in the link archie123 posted.
    I never had to move any, seems pretty straight forward.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
  6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Not sure about that. I believe you'd have to Backup your Origin\Games folder. Then uninstall Origin. Install origin to the new drive. Start the downloads for the games you have backed up. Once they hit 1% each, close Origin. Copy the Games folder to the new Origin folder. Restart Origin. It should now check each game and after a (long) while notice they are up to date. Be aware that this method sometimes fails and Origin downloads the game again for some reason.

If you keep your old drive as well, you could alternatively just move your Origin folder (or just the games folder or individual games) to the new drive and create a directory symbolic link to them with

mklink /D "Linkpath" "TargetPath"

This will make it appear to be in the same location still, but actually it'll just be a link to the new location. No reconfiguration or reinstall needed.

For example, if you have your Origin installed in C:\Program Files\Origin and you have moved Origin to your new drive G:\Games\Origin:

mklink /D "C:\Program Files\Origin" "G:\Games\Origin"

If you or the OS tries to access C:\Program Files\Origin it will access G:\Games\Origin instead.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have had Steam installed on C: but my games on another drive for years. this feature is best thing to happen to steam and game collection, I no longer have to reinstalled games ever clean os install.

8. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    i didnt , ill have to have a look :)

9. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I had the almost the same issue but not exactly the same scenario like the video when during 1st boot up, restart & even shut down.

P.S. red artifacts in the middle part of the monitor, but it disappeared in a second.

https://vimeo.com/213263145

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  10. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    This is awesome, tuvm for this. I was going crazy trying to move BF4 to another drive and Origin wasn't having any of that.

To reply about this driver, not sure if it's the Creator's Update or the new nVidia driver, but had my first complete system lockup and crash. A page was displayed before I was able to hit the reset button, saying. "Windows has encountered an unknown error and is compiling data to send, when it is finished compiling data the computer will restart?". Anyone seen this pop up before?

This was playing The Witcher 3. Just so everyone knows, TW3 will drop to desktop on me without an error message, but very rarely. It's the game, I'm pretty sure, it's done it on several different computers. Also I could not get TW3 to launch after this crash occurred, so it could be some type of game corruption I guess.

This system was always rock solid, I did a DISM repair/check and a scandisk and no errors were found, event viewer shows a bad shutdown, and nothing else.

11. Rapyer

Rapyer Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    this driver made my power supply act all wonky. not sure if fans were already borked but they started making all sorts of noise. rolled back and they went back to normal.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    I can definitely confirm as a fact this driver GeForce Hotfix driver 381.65 has very bad performance only on windows store games UWP , it happens on both of my games Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsports 6 Apex in my configuration while using it with Windows 10 x64bit Creators Update Version 1703 OS Build 15063.138 , i loose around 20fps on both of those games. It does not happens to any other game i tested DiRT Rally , NFS 2016 , BF4 , Bioshock Infinite , Metro LL , all this game play fine and fps are great.

I rigorously tested all this drivers in all the games mentioned above: 378.66 , 378.78 , 378.92 and 381.65. the best performance driver with the best IQ on my configuration is 378.92 on Windows 10 Creators Update.

@Manuel G. Please take a look at it if you can, and why is this happening only with UWP games ? Thank you in advanced.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Yeah...For the most part the Origin games you can move fairly easily. It's the BF games and the DLC you have issues with. Origin does not want to recognize the files. So you have to restart Origin downloading the game for each DLC. It's PITA.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    So the simlink method would be better there I guess.
    I only have BFx Origin games.

15. Michalko

Michalko Member Guru

GPU:
    a good one
    Anyone experiencing frame skipping across Windows 10 UI (in start screen, action center, Edge, Skype UWP) ? Creators update, GTX1080

16. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    Downgraded to 378.92 while still on 1703 and having a much better time. Waiting for the next WHQL to assess where they are at with the CU update. My card runs higher FPS and at lower temps with 378.92 than 381.65 not to mention no issues with colour profiles or anything else.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Also downgraded to 378.92, everything works again

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    That's because R378 doesn't support WDDM 2.2 and its new features. I feel that we might need a couple of Windows patches to fix these issues.

19. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    This works:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 4\Xpack0]
    "Installed"="true"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 4\Xpack1]
    "Installed"="true"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 4\Xpack2]
    "Installed"="true"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 4\Xpack3]
    "Installed"="true"

Btw, if you are moving files after having closed origin maybe it's still running. May I recommend:

net stop "Origin Web Helper Service"
    sc stop "Origin Web Helper Service"
    sc config "Origin Web Helper Service" start= disabled

net stop "Origin Client Service"
    sc stop "Origin Client Service"
    sc config "Origin Client Service" start= disabled

And then disable that crap in origin.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  20. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Installed these when they dropped, kept them for the cu update. Have not reinstalled after the update.

That said, I love these drivers in Battlefield... when they work. I started getting strange ADS issues after installing them that persist into CU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ60VtrZuCk