GeForce 378.57 Hotfix driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Let the fix fun begins!
    Thanks HH

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    What's wrong with NVIDIA lately?

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    No fix for the well known Black Screens , Signal Lost , Flickering , Vertical Sync and HDMI 4K 60Hz Bugs :( , they need to prioritized and squashed those nasty bugs asap ...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017

5. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    they fired last guy who knew his ****

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    No idea, but it's getting to the point where their drivers are like far worse than AMDs were when everyone made fun of them. My card still idles at ~1200mhz. My G-Sync screen still randomly flickers black. My G-Sync randomly turns off for no apparent reason in some fullscreen games - requires me to restart the game. My card gets stuck in 2D every once in a while which requires me to reboot. DSR is buggy as hell with basically everything + I've had a few other minor issues.

I also hate the legacy control panel and want it to go away. The DPI scaling on it is terrible and despite every driver people here claiming "the lag is gone" it's not gone at all - it takes 5-6 seconds to change anything basically.

I don't know if it's because they are working on a huge driver rework (I assume they are because wtf else is their driver team doing) or if it's related to Volta and the rumors of it being a completely new architecture. Whatever it is, I don't care - they have like 80% of the market and pulling in like $1.5B a quarter - fix it.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Is the fact that nvidia pushing this many hot fix drivers means something is wrong them? Ok.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's a combination of multiple things.

Like if the hotfix driver is for a crash in a weird random title, fine - no big deal. But when it's like the GIF problem, or the black puddles in BF problem, or it's fixing low memory clocks, or when they released this garbage.. like how do those issues even pass testing?

How many times is Nvidia going to fix the idle clock bug? Why is it still broken on my machine?

Idk, they've just been releasing garbage lately and it's annoying.

9. Berke53

Berke53 Active Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC
    Agreed

Jen-Hsun Huang==>:peeright::pc1::peeleft:<== Nvidia devs

10. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Yah sadly we're seeing the results of explosive growth at Nvidia.. previously they just did graphics cards and most of their business was all gaming GPUs. Now they are getting heavily into AI, Self-Driving Cars, Deep Learning/Super Computing, etc...

I get the feeling a lot of the best Engineers that had previously been working previously in the gaming GPU department have been moved off to other projects.

11. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    My guess they are casually trying to manipulate stock share...profits may be getting to big. Who knows for sure but, its not just lately. Odd decisions and crippling old cards have been happening for three generations now.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    What about broken physx @ Maxwell V2?

Otherwise I'll just stick with 376.09 for now, Re7 works just fine with this driver..

13. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I will admit the hot fixes have been abundant lately. Hope they get it turned around over there but I feared their gpu's would suffer once the company seemed to focus outside of them.

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
  15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    No problems here, is it worth to upgrade to this driver if u have never had a single issue since i have the gtx 1080 ?

16. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    I have an MSI GTX 670 Power Edition. Works perfectly fine & I've had NO issues ever with ANY NVIDIA drivers. However, I updated to 378.49 & my pc started freezing randomly. Upon doing a hard reset, I'd get a black screen. Then I ended up having to clear the CMOS to get into the bios.

I went insane trying to find the issue. Checked all my ram modules, put the cpu back to stock settings, downgraded my bios.

Finally, the issue turned out to be the 378.49 driver !

So my question is if anyone is having similar issues with this hotfix driver ? I hope not but if anyone is unfortunately experiencing such issues then please let us know.

17. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    You're sure it was this driver? I had some massive issues to after installing it, however it turned out to be a complete coincidence and my main HD had actually started to die.

18. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
  19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    I don't have time for trolls like you :stewpid:

20. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    Hey buddy, yes because I went to safe mode then cleaned out the NVIDIA drivers. Installed the previous version. VOILA ! Issue gone. Not had it a single time since.