1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 375.86 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Just installed these.
    So far, system is stable and everything is good.

Game wise, only thing I've been playing really is FEAR and DisHonored II.
    DH2 runs a "bit" smoother, but FPS isn't any better. Still random FPS drops (will have to wait for patch).

Other games I tried just jumping into really quick (Mafia III, MW2, FEAR and a few others) run exactly the same. So... meh.

2. Sethos

Sethos Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Absolute garbage drivers. Battlefield 1 menus are flickering like crazy and the game CTDs every time I'm about to join a server with these. Then I need to restart the PC as the drivers have gone haywire at this point.

3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Why always blame drivers, its working perfect here.
    Maybe downclock your cpu to default clock speeds u asking for trouble here.

OC is bad anyway.
    Never ever had driver problems sinds i got the gtx 1080.

4. Sethos

Sethos Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Why do people always assume? My cards are not overclocked. I didn't flash my own BIOS. I didn't rub them with ketchup.

There's even a warning on the front page; http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-375-86-whql-drivers-have-major-issues.html

And the game works fine with the .76 drivers.

Yeeeeeeah, it can't be the drivers, must be the user because "muh card works fien".

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    People are experiencing the same flickering issues on AMD hardware and other Nvidia drivers.
    The latest BF1 patch caused that flickering issue, not these drivers.

6. Sethos

Sethos Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Then why does the game work with .76?

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    8 out of 10 times are users own fault really.

8. Sethos

Sethos Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    And 9 out of 10 times, people pull random numbers from their ass to fit their narrative.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Why are some people able to run DisHonored 2 without any issues?

Each PC is different. No matter how wide-spread an issue is, there are those that it won't affect.

Like the 1080 memory clock issue with these drivers. There are people who aren't having it.

10. Sethos

Sethos Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Yes, then why are we sitting here, with numpties saying "IT WORKS FOR ME, MUST BE USER ERROR", which is the most useless statement on earth? The drivers are horrible for me, I say so, because that's a subjective matter, someone gets their panties in a bunch because it works for them ON COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HARDWARE. It's mind numbingly stupid.

Each PC is different, yes. There's thousands of hardware and software combinations, so a driver may work for one person and be a horror show for the next -- Without it being user error.

The lengths people will go to in order to defend this stuff, geez. You'd think they got a monthly loyalty cheque from Nvidia.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
  12. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX

Manual , it fixed the issue, but I have stuttering in Shadow Warrior 2 every time I move the mouse, .

Mem clock fixed works 5200 mhz now , Inno 3D 1080GTX. not moving the mouse there is no freezes. the FPS is 130+ without moving the mouse. moving the mouse drops the Fps to 30+ with freeze every time I move the mouse.

EDIT : Nvm , You must restart computer after installing drivers ... always even if windows doesn't say so.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  13. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    For non-pascal cards are these generally regarded as good or should I just stay on .70 as they are working fine for me and I am not playing any of the new games mentioned.

14. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

STAY!! Every driver since .70 has offered no improvement to any of the other games plus have brought on memory issues. If you dont have any of the new games the new drivers support, there really isnt anything your missing but other issues.

15. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    Will do. Thanks!

16. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX980ti
    I wonder why Nvidia leave the Quadro version of these up. They are every bit as borked on the 600 I have in the small PC as the Geforce drivers are.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Maybe because its not affected by Quadro? So far its only a isolated case with custom OC GP104 gpus.

18. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX980ti
    Well, on my Quadro 600 those drivers randomly crash. And once they do, they don't stop and crash every 10 seconds. Reboot as the only solution. Or rolling back to the previous set, which ist fine.