GeForce 375.86 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Yes, for sure there are issues. Day 1 SLI support (and SLI support in general) is definitely not where it should be even with NVIDIA, though it's better than CF and having access to the SLI bits also softens the blow a bit. My primary card also idles at 1.2/5.4GHz, I doubt a 1.2GHz 1080 is required to drive the Windows desktop, even if I'm using a 4k monitor and 2 older ones. The thing is sitting at <5% load even with a stream running right now, so I don't see why it shouldn't be able to downclock further, for instance.

2. iriseyoufall

iriseyoufall Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X 3GB
    All these news-sites are incomplete. Let me fill-in the blanks. It is true that some 10x-tier cards are affected with a memory-issue that results in the clock-speed to be stuck in a low-mode. Which results in low-fps.

On the beginning it was already clear that not everyone with a 10x-tier card is having issues with the driver. I for example have a MSI Gaming X 1080GTX and have zero issues. And there are multiple other people reporting no issues either.

Yet it made us curious what was causing it. On the forum we did search. Eventually NVIDIA found the root-cause of it. It seems that all the 10x-tier cards with a stock OC-memory or a certain bios-version are having trouble. Some people did even flash the Gaming X-bios on the Z-variant and reported that the problem went away too.

To be fair. Nvidia testing department probably used some cards that were running stock-speed on the memory. Or had cards with a specific bios. Then this issue could be easily missed by the testing department.

So if you have low-fps. Roll back to 375.70 or wait on the hotfix. If you have no issues, then you can call yourself lucky and the driver works pretty well in games.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  3. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    Chat log flickering. Also smoke, gas and texture flickering. This is not constant but happens frequently from time to time. Battlefield has been smooth until the last patch and drivers. I got more stuttering now and a bit lower FPS.

I7 5820K
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    MSI GTX 1080 Founders edition.

4. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    No problems here for me this is perfect driver for me now being released love it :)

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I tried uncapped too but it was basically a gathering of hung-over people. Ie stutterfest :D

Could be that fast sync mostly benefits games whose normal Vsync is bugged. QB doesn't have the smoothest vsync implementation for sure.

Tho running borderless window seemed much smoother than fullscreen, more consistent framerates and frametimes.

6. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    I've noticed a slightly increase in GPU usage with this new driver, but nothing bordering to the extreme. Mostly just playing Eve Online. Went from 50% to 60% usage. (locked to 60 fps).

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Odd. Perhaps it's related to power saving features. If you haven't tried it yet, maybe you could try to change the Power saving features in the video card driver as well as some of the Windows power settings (set to high performance, disable PCIe Link State Power Management, etc.) to see if it helps. I'd guess it's related to the drivers, though. Hopefully these bugs will be fixed in the next driver release.

I myself don't see any memory downclocking, system decreasing PCIe settings or performance decrease on my primary video card (Titan X) or PhysX card (GTX 1060 6GB) with 375.86 drivers on Windows 10 1607 build 14393.447, thus I can't do any hands-on testing.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  8. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I got 40 fps less on battlefield 1 empire's edge map. Can u confirm that on you rig too?

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, it's possible that the PCIE will downclock if the memory is a limiting factor due to the clocking bug.

10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    That would make sense. That said, could it be the other way around as well, that the memory downclocks because the PCIe bandwith is going down and can't utilize it fast enough? I guess that shouldn't be an issue with PCIe 2.0, but it's food for thought.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, it shouldn't be an issue with PCIE 2.0 and even if it would - the GPU should've downclocked as well in this case which isn't happening.

12. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    did they solved the terrain flickering in Just Cause 3?

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ah ok, yeah if it has ****ty ingame vsync fast sync does wonders.

Just tried it in RIFT yesterday and mouse movements were so smooth, really smooth, like I had a new mouse :D

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just installed these.
    So far, system is stable and everything is good.

Game wise, only thing I've been playing really is FEAR and DisHonored II.
    DH2 runs a "bit" smoother, but FPS isn't any better. Still random FPS drops (will have to wait for patch).

Other games I tried just jumping into really quick (Mafia III, MW2, FEAR and a few others) run exactly the same. So... meh.

15. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Absolute garbage drivers. Battlefield 1 menus are flickering like crazy and the game CTDs every time I'm about to join a server with these. Then I need to restart the PC as the drivers have gone haywire at this point.

16. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Why always blame drivers, its working perfect here.
    Maybe downclock your cpu to default clock speeds u asking for trouble here.

OC is bad anyway.
    Never ever had driver problems sinds i got the gtx 1080.

17. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Why do people always assume? My cards are not overclocked. I didn't flash my own BIOS. I didn't rub them with ketchup.

There's even a warning on the front page; http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-375-86-whql-drivers-have-major-issues.html

And the game works fine with the .76 drivers.

Yeeeeeeah, it can't be the drivers, must be the user because "muh card works fien".

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    People are experiencing the same flickering issues on AMD hardware and other Nvidia drivers.
    The latest BF1 patch caused that flickering issue, not these drivers.

19. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Then why does the game work with .76?

20. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    8 out of 10 times are users own fault really.