1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 375.86 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    But to use it all they had to considerably lower the speed of it by the sounds of things here. ;-)

Dito

I have not been really impressed with NV gpu drivers since windows 10 hit. There has never been what I would call sable or impressive driver release to date.

But it appears from this thread they are getting much better. First time in a long time I would not say NVidia is leaps and bounds above ATI/AMD.

Regards

2. ern88

ern88 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    My Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 seems to be unaffected by the driver issue. I ran Gigabyte monitoring tool and my memory speed seems normal.

3. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    2080TI SLI PG348Q
    Looks like I'm lucky..No Problems here..:D

[​IMG]

4. kcajjones

kcajjones Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 1.28GB
    I've not had chance to check my memory clocks, but I've just tried my free copy of Far Cry Blood Dragon on Uplay after Geforce experience recommended updating my drivers. The game seemed like it was 60+ fps but really micro stuttering badly. I saw this news article and immediately rolled back the drivers and now it's silky smooth.

I'm running a water-cooled, overclocked GTX 670 2gb.

5. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    This driver works fine but I'm still gonna revert to 373.06 for peace of mind...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  6. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I can tell you that half the reason I switched to NVIDIA around 5 months ago was AMD driver quality. Are NVIDIA drivers amazing? No, most certainly not, but at least I'm no longer getting the urge to jump ship to the other side every time a new game comes out. I think I've seen more functional day 1 SLI support from NVIDIA in these past months than I've seen from AMD during the entirety of 2015. The grass isn't greener on the other side, not unless there have been some absolutely massive, groundbreaking changes since June.

As for the driver, it's working fine for me. I'm keeping it because they finally fixed the Pascal SLI VRAM bug.

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    That's really fair comment.

For me, in terms of "Day 1 experience", Nvidia are in front and this has almost always been the case.

However, yes, Nvidia have problems too. If we only go back 6-8 months ago, just someone saying that would cause a big debate. Now, it's like "yeah, find it, fix it."

Acknowledging problems certainly speeds up finding solutions, rather than arguing if there's a problem in the first place.

8. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Yes, for sure there are issues. Day 1 SLI support (and SLI support in general) is definitely not where it should be even with NVIDIA, though it's better than CF and having access to the SLI bits also softens the blow a bit. My primary card also idles at 1.2/5.4GHz, I doubt a 1.2GHz 1080 is required to drive the Windows desktop, even if I'm using a 4k monitor and 2 older ones. The thing is sitting at <5% load even with a stream running right now, so I don't see why it shouldn't be able to downclock further, for instance.

9. iriseyoufall

iriseyoufall New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X 3GB
    All these news-sites are incomplete. Let me fill-in the blanks. It is true that some 10x-tier cards are affected with a memory-issue that results in the clock-speed to be stuck in a low-mode. Which results in low-fps.

On the beginning it was already clear that not everyone with a 10x-tier card is having issues with the driver. I for example have a MSI Gaming X 1080GTX and have zero issues. And there are multiple other people reporting no issues either.

Yet it made us curious what was causing it. On the forum we did search. Eventually NVIDIA found the root-cause of it. It seems that all the 10x-tier cards with a stock OC-memory or a certain bios-version are having trouble. Some people did even flash the Gaming X-bios on the Z-variant and reported that the problem went away too.

To be fair. Nvidia testing department probably used some cards that were running stock-speed on the memory. Or had cards with a specific bios. Then this issue could be easily missed by the testing department.

So if you have low-fps. Roll back to 375.70 or wait on the hotfix. If you have no issues, then you can call yourself lucky and the driver works pretty well in games.

10. ragtag

ragtag Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    Chat log flickering. Also smoke, gas and texture flickering. This is not constant but happens frequently from time to time. Battlefield has been smooth until the last patch and drivers. I got more stuttering now and a bit lower FPS.

I7 5820K
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    MSI GTX 1080 Founders edition.

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    No problems here for me this is perfect driver for me now being released love it :)

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I tried uncapped too but it was basically a gathering of hung-over people. Ie stutterfest :D

Could be that fast sync mostly benefits games whose normal Vsync is bugged. QB doesn't have the smoothest vsync implementation for sure.

Tho running borderless window seemed much smoother than fullscreen, more consistent framerates and frametimes.

13. sathyrion

sathyrion Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 AMP! 6GB
    I've noticed a slightly increase in GPU usage with this new driver, but nothing bordering to the extreme. Mostly just playing Eve Online. Went from 50% to 60% usage. (locked to 60 fps).

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Odd. Perhaps it's related to power saving features. If you haven't tried it yet, maybe you could try to change the Power saving features in the video card driver as well as some of the Windows power settings (set to high performance, disable PCIe Link State Power Management, etc.) to see if it helps. I'd guess it's related to the drivers, though. Hopefully these bugs will be fixed in the next driver release.

I myself don't see any memory downclocking, system decreasing PCIe settings or performance decrease on my primary video card (Titan X) or PhysX card (GTX 1060 6GB) with 375.86 drivers on Windows 10 1607 build 14393.447, thus I can't do any hands-on testing.

15. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I got 40 fps less on battlefield 1 empire's edge map. Can u confirm that on you rig too?

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Well, it's possible that the PCIE will downclock if the memory is a limiting factor due to the clocking bug.

17. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    That would make sense. That said, could it be the other way around as well, that the memory downclocks because the PCIe bandwith is going down and can't utilize it fast enough? I guess that shouldn't be an issue with PCIe 2.0, but it's food for thought.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yeah, it shouldn't be an issue with PCIE 2.0 and even if it would - the GPU should've downclocked as well in this case which isn't happening.

19. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1050ti
    did they solved the terrain flickering in Just Cause 3?

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Ah ok, yeah if it has ****ty ingame vsync fast sync does wonders.

Just tried it in RIFT yesterday and mouse movements were so smooth, really smooth, like I had a new mouse :D