GeForce 375.76 HOTFIX driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PirateNeilsouth, Nov 2, 2016.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ah you saw my both replies, lol :D

Yes that's a bit weird, would have guessed it would be worse by 7 then 10.

What about win8.1?

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi TJ

Yes I've saw yours both replies:) and regarding the performance,I'm still not sure with W10

Latency on W10 is around 500us with DPC Latency Checker with Quadro drivers and with GeForce drivers my 1000-1250us(in 3DMark VRMark my latency goes up to 2000-3500us ) and that's with GTX1080,didn't tried latency test with Titan X,but I will do my test later week

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    No Win8.1 for me,I've used only W7 and now W10

Thanks,Jura

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Ok TJ scratch that,same DPC again occurs with Quadro drivers in rendering and got same error again with Quadro CUDA error: ILLEGAL_ADDRESS in cuCtxSynchronize() and I think is down to TDR which I've never saw on W7,I will do few tests,but if this does happen more often,I will go back to Windows 7 without the question

Thanks,Jura

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Could be some other internal windows driver, I remember when there was more talk about DPC, I tested mine and it was a bit higher too.

When I updated a few intel drivers MEI, chipset, lan, it dropped by almost 40% and it was stabler as well.

About R375, now I saw fast sync acts as free sync/gsync.

Dying light (ingame vsync on, driver fast sync) smooth 98% of the time, I saw various fps from 70-125 and no tearing, maybe small jitter by sudden 78-119fps jumps, but its minimal compared to what it use to be with older drivers and fixed transitions

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    OK TJ will update drivers although I've already updated today all drivers to rule out driver is causing the DPC,disabled almost every component,but still same thing,will do few tests during the weekend

This Fastsync I will try,but still think in rendering that feature is bit useless,but will do tests too

And will try again these drivers and do comparable tests

Assume yours 980Ti downclocks with selected "Maximum Performance" and are you running multi monitor setup ?

Thanks,Jura

7. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Uh, what exactly do you mean by this?

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Jura I use single displayand optimal in global. Prefer max per game profile.

Builder2

First fast sync implementation used fixed fps transitions either 60 75 90 120.. and it felt very stuttery/jitter when shifts idk 70-90-120-60-75 happened.

Now its using variable fps and vsync's like gsync or free sync. I tested with 90fps cap and no frame tearing with various fps bellow 90fps threshold.

Which is actually very cool, best of both worlds :D

EDIT: Its not completely ideal yet, been testing it some more, but its a lot better.

The image still feels a bit jittery, very minimal, but its enough to make it a bit distracting by large fps transitions.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i complained bout GFE. they forced us to use it. ok i'm getting use of GFE but this kinda small issue really took them too long. they found out the highest shadow quality is ultra but the optimal setting stuck at high & they even promised to fix it few month ago but until now no news yet. disappointed :infinity:

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    OK TJ and thanks,tried today reinstall few drivers and seems reinstalling MEi drivers solved high DPC, but still DPC is in 500-600us range which is lot more than on W7..

My profile is always is high performance in Global and I'm using or have 2 monitors.

Thanks, Jura

11. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    No flickering issues on my PG348Q on this hotfix driver.

12. I'm running 368.81 on Windows 7 with my GTX 980ti and I am experiencing some issues while playing World of Warcraft (yes, I still play that game) and it may or may not fixable with different drivers (a lot of reports about these issues so it's probably on Blizzard's end) but I figured it's worth a try.

Is there any later set of drivers than 368.81 without so much bull**** from nvidia's part? I've read that 375.xx is bloated and have serious issues overall. Is 373 generally fine? Not sure I wanna backtrack.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm sorry, mate, but looks like you're going to have to stay on 368.81 for-e-ver.

14. Thanks for grabbing me back to reality. :cry:

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

16. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Flickering still present for me on desktop/chrome at 144hz, reduced but still there. :thumbdown

17. r3n3

r3n3 Guest

GPU:
    8gb
    I Have the same issue i have the Asus PG278QR 165 HZ gaming monitor and a ZOTAC GeForceĀ® GTX 1080 ArcticStorm

my driver is 375.76-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf
    CLEAN OS installation

I have artifacts on desktop @ 165 HZ @ 144 its all OK.

if you disconnect the Cable and re-connect after a cold start in Windows, which is no longer flicker there.

defently Nvidia Driver Problem with P states for energy saving.

18. Fr3ddY

Fr3ddY New Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4gb
    I using 375.63 Quadro drivers modded on Windows 8.1. I can't test for latency DPC as the program gives the wrong reading on Win 8 8.1 and 10 hopefully this will be fixed with a new version DPC. But I'm not complaining about the 375.63 these drivers run good with no errors.

19. Some Dillweed

Some Dillweed Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
  20. Fr3ddY

Fr3ddY New Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4gb
    @ Some Dillweed Thanks for the info and link. I have used LatencyMon in the past over a year or more ago to setup my USB audio interface which I use as a sound card. Just run LatencyMon again and I like what I see.
    Thanks for reminding me..

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016