1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 375.70 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jimmmm, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    You guys are so funny beta testing w10 for ms. If at least you got paid..

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    For Path: go HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Desktop
    Then click in the right part Win8DpiScaling twice and set to 1.

So this and that's it? It will stay at 96 or 100%? but what about ingame scaling menus, etc then? :nerd:

edit: its still doing it, did a quick RE5 test.. As on that pic above in my edit - it shifts that recycle bin icon.

Also now it had trouble DSR'ing, it rendered whole resolution windowed few times (on 4th atl+tab or alt+enter). think I'll just change that back to 0.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  3. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    UI scaling in games doesn't generally care about your Windows scaling settings. Some either scale based on resolution or not at all, while others provide several UI size options. I guess it's technically possible for a game to check your scaling settings and use that, but I haven't yet encountered a game in which I had to mess with Windows-side settings to get an appropriately-sized UI at 4K.

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 580 Armor
    No, you forget the LogPixels REG_DWORD.

Games don't make use of the Windows UI scaling functionality, only applications like browsers etc.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I've seen the issue in lots of games. Like Mass Effect 3. The position of the mouse cursor on screen does not correspond to what's actually there.

It's why the DPI scaling option in the compatibility settings tab in the executable file properties exists.

6. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I haven't played ME3 since I bought a 4K monitor and started using 125% scaling and I didn't run into that issue yet. Truth be told I haven't been playing many "old" games lately so maybe that's why. I use the DPI scaling compatibility option with programs that I want to run at 100% because they can't be scaled properly, such as Steam for instance with its custom-looking UI.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    aufkrawall2 thanks!
    Now when I changed both lines it stays in position. Ok I had to manually add LogPixels=1, was missing in registry, but no big deal.

Just tested RE5 4K DSR @ hotfix 375.76.

8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    I've had that since win10 release. had to install an app to remember icon positions.

About the only thing that bothers me after upgrading my win7 install.