GeForce 375.63 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Oct 23, 2016.

1. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    A little OP:
    I do not understand: every DX upgrade microsoft claims it will be faster, it will be better performance wise... Than when product are release they are (almost) always worst than the predecessor.
    It's a developer fault or it's bad spot from microsoft?
    If so, why custom made product like emulators run so better out of the box with DX12 conversion? (see dolphin)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    try to use non k intel chip to compare instead of those high end processor?

3. MorningLemon

MorningLemon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Registered just to say that I can confirm that 375.63 has issue with crushed frames in chrome like here

[​IMG]

Downgrading to 372.90 solved that.

4. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Surely CPU limited would benefit more, but the point is we should see "same (in not cpu/drawcall bound scenarios) or higher performance with DX12" instead in a lot of pratical cases we see less compared to DX11.
    The point it's not the first time.. this happen every new DX iteration

5. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    Anyone?

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You still don't know much, do you?

[​IMG]

DX12 in BF1 is pointless on all h/w, AMD or NV. And the fact that it runs somewhat (in avg fps benchmarks mostly) better on AMD's h/w isn't that surprising.

It's developers fault. They said that they'll be able to be better at some stuff than IHVs drivers and they need thin APIs for this but so far the only game which more or less prove this is Doom under Vulkan. The rest are just garbage in performing driver tasks. I'm sure they'll learn with time but for now it's just a huge waste of resources for the whole industry. Most devs are much better off using DX11, especially if they are working on a multiplatform title where CPU limitation is rarely an issue on PC.

Emulators are mostly CPU limited hence why you see more apparent gains with them in new APIs which free up CPU cycles.

7. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    minor issue - annoying more than anything - videos and animated gifs in chrome randomly turn black for a few seconds on these drivers. tested with both 375 official releases - rolled back to 372 and not having the problem anymore.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    latest flash broke vsync@ fullscreen in Firefox, I have to alt+tab and back so it starts working again.

9. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    opera updated to the latest chromium code and is now affected by the black pixel for first 2 seconds bug as well. :wanker:

10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    it's like new consoles. the code takes a while to reach the point of efficient utilization. compare a release day ps2 game with some of the games released for ps2 at the end of its life. the difference is huge.

+the fact that something is faster than the previous itteration of the code, in gaming terms, means that it gives more room to devs to add more stuff.

take for example the draw call count. dx12 is better than dx 11 at high draw call numbers. this won't mean that dx12 will simply use dx11 draw call count numbers so you get more performance. they will simply use that increased efficiency to raise the draw call count so you get a higher draw call count at the same performance as dx 11.

In short, new api code increases efficiency so that devs can put more on our screens without sacrificing performance, not the same amount at lower performance.

11. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    give them some times to get the DX 12 matured. y so rush??

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Judging from the lack of said issue in either beta or canary of Chrome - it's most likely a Chrome release version issue.

13. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I think so as well. I updated to the beta release of chrome and the issue went away.

14. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Last time I reinstalled windows and I forgot I hadn't installed flash until some site reminded me. Ctlr^f5 solved that, so I never bothered installing it. Html5 works decently enough.

15. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Play Doom (latest version), and the Start Menu is a mess when closing the game. Had this issue since I started using Windows 10, this start menu which is essentially an app is a real mess.

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I've gone back to 373.06 due to black-screen/bo3.exe crashes with this driver (like .57).

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Have you also tried to reset nvcpl bo3 profile and manually deleted game cfg?

Well I use html5 almost everywhere, but there are some sites that still use flash video and now its a "issue" the way it grabs FS with new flash v23.. Not a really big deal though, its easy fix alt+tab, but yeah a bit annoying.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  18. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I as i stated before, lot of nv users got stutter etc. . Doesn't matter how many benches you link. I heard them on TS. They constantly try to find solutions on the problem. Specialy with gtx 770. Always crashes the game. Nvidia also knows about the problems.

19. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    just use chrome beta or canary chrome (or any other web browser), apparently this bug affects chrome 54 only (newer betas or early version of chrome are unaffected)

20. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    don't ask me why but I have a lot of washed out colors with these drivers..I tought it was a bug in the latest shadow warrior 2 (have the sli glitch too) but no I played several other games...some I have 2000hrs on a yeah something isn't right in some places (I guess when it uses a certain lighting effect or shader) evertyhing looks overbright and white-ish...weird