GeForce 375.57 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    The problem is not specific to the Insider build. I'm not an insider and on the latest release version/build and still have the same problems with this driver and Windows Apps, including - but by far not limited to - the start menu with the 375.57 WHQL drivers. Nvidia even confirmed the bug, so why are you hating on insiders? Besides, even if it was a bug exclusive to an insider build, us regular Windows 10 users should thank the insiders to find these bugs, as those same problems will plague regular users once the build goes to the release channel if nothing is done about it.

2. jdwohlever

jdwohlever Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA Titan w/ 6GB RAM
    Getting black artifacts on videos and gifs after update.

Never had this issue until latest version 375.57 drivers.
    When a video or gif first starts I get a black "curtain" over 80% of the image or video for 2 to 5 seconds.
    Only happens on first run of video.
    :bang:

3. xsonwong

xsonwong Member

GPU:
    AMD Raedon 7790
    Luckily I checked this forum, I got a new computer with 1070 and got Tile become invisible when dragging it.
    I found out that's latest driver problem, back to previous driver keeps everything fine...

This is my first nVidia card since GeForce 4, it seems the driver is the same level as AMD...

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The Release Preview of a cumulative update usually comes out about a week before it is officially released so even if it was 14393.351 that was the root cause of the problem then more people would be affected by it once it is released (which I am guessing will be next Tuesday).

However, there are lots of people experiencing this issue going by forum posts, far too many for it to be just Insider Preview users and several people on here using 14393.321 are reporting the issue as well.

It is entirely NVIDIA's fault for not testing properly, they've admitted there is a problem and will release a hotfix soon, likely sometime next week.

5. reeven

reeven Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    MAFIA 3 with previous driver i saw 12.000mb system ram usage, now im on 8gb.
    On this system nothing was change except nvidia driver.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Can confirm the Start Menu bugs out when altering Tiles, however the Tiles themselves still open the program after it bugged out.

7. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti AMP! OC
    NVidia, I think you can delete OpenCL from your drivers, it's pointless and many new programs needs/supports OpenCL 2.0 which is superior to v1.2, but you did not updated it for about 2 years (!)

There is so many problems with your latest drivers especially from this year (like in this set breaking start menu in windows or dpc latency issues etc.), my next gpu will be Vega for sure, as AMD's drivers got much better this year, oh and they support OpenCL 2.0+ and full asynchronous compute (and you had opportunity to do this right with GTX 1000 series premiere earlier this year, so bye bye, you will not be missed, same goes for me lol.
    Now you can all kill me with green, but remember red will always win in the end with green lol :p

8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Thanks i knew it :(

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Unless there are show-stopper bugs, then stable channel won't get it, release preview tests the update, if all is well, stable channel gets it

Think there has only been one RP update that didn't make it to stable up to now though iirc, but yea, that's the purpose of RP, to test for bugs before everyone else gets it

10. DooGie

DooGie Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    No Start menu bugs here, everything is running fine.
    A bit of a different install though with GeForce experience missing (a bonus), also didn't insist on trying to install the Nvidia Audio drivers. Quite happy with these up to now.

11. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Reading all the posts, I better pass on this driver.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    No. But i have black artifacts the 1st 2 seconds of a video. HDD is fine tho. But apparently its since the new chrome update i did yesterday.

[​IMG]

Edit: Hm, ok weird. Had to disable and re-enable h264ify addon. Hmm and its still there!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Wow, you were absolutely right. Most of the changes are indeed text related fixes..

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    It's a good idea unless you play BF1 and wont miss Win 10 apps. Luckily I don't rely on the apps much, but I do use em for easy access.

15. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Nah, easier just to switch to amd and linux. lol

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    I'm hoping for a Hotfix driver. Some of these issues are sort of a big deal for folks. Actually I'm almost expecting one.

17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    COD:BO3: black-screen/bo3.exe crash problem after loading into MP match.

I've been seeing this problem crop up for quite a few users on steam using this driver.

I think it can be considered a confirmed bug.

18. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Hey my friends, if Nvidia lauch new driver, i go to analize them, so here is my new video about it, i hope can help u, as always i have created subs in english to make easy for u my friends!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CvWrFqkj48

19. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3 W/C
    When the curtains are drawn, I get Xfps, but when they are open, I get Yfps?? How is that possible? Never before have I had it on any driver set, ffs!

Branch is wooden.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Do you use Chrome? I've noticed similar video corruption and it's either caused by Chrome 54 update or this driver.

EDIT:
    Blaah. I'm totally blind. xD

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016