GeForce 375.57 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Oct 21, 2016.

1. erm

erm Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    After 36x drivers, any other drivers are broken with blu-ray 3D on powerdvd 16 (in my system)...
    3D movie starts well but after 5 minutes the 3D visualization begins to flicker... -.-"

2. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rx580 Pulse 8Gb
    With the new drivers in the start menu u cant change positions of the applications. For example if u try to move calendar in another position all applications hang up.

3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Oh yes, you're right. And I'm not on an insider preview build either, just the regular release build 14393.321 of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 1607.
    How the heck can such a driver that not only crashes/messes up various stock Windows 10 apps, including the start menu, make it through quality assurance (starting with Nvidia's and then of course Microsoft's)? I wonder how long it will take them to acknowledge and fix it this time around...

I wonder if it has to do with some sort of global settings like MFAA again.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  4. blackroseMD1

blackroseMD1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Yeah, it's a known issue and Nvidia are working on a hotfix driver.

5. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti OC
    With this driver it seems smother in BF1...

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    As for performance in cpu bound (Hitman Absolution) and mix gpu+cpu (RoTR dx12) it runs good, same as 272.95 or 373.06, "ok" peak perf.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Turning MFAA off globally was the first thing I tried when I found out the driver was the cause of the Start menu tiles glitch but it does not fix the issue unfortunately.

8. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Thanks for the heads up about the Windows Mail crash. I'm going to stay away from these.

9. CrazyBaldhead

CrazyBaldhead Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    What drivel.

10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It's true. Battlefield 4 and onwards use DX11.1, whereas Win7 only supports 11.0, and that has been shown to make a significant difference in performance.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Mail app crashing here too. Most microsoft apps crashing. 1080's running about 5 degrees warmer on both cards....fans running about 10% faster idle too...

Hmm....nothing major but...runnin warmer for sure.

MSI afterburner is reading correct Vram values though.

Games play fine...just warmer cards...but nothing dangerous.

12. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3090 XG438Q
    Woah..Haven't tested it yet but if it's true Nice!

13. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    GB R9 390X G1
    I've noticed a slight temperature increase too while performance seems just a tiny bit worse than 373.06. I'm also getting some weird black squares for the firsts 1-2secs after opening a video.

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Please confirm this a second time if u have time, then i will instal them to thank u.

15. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Why...when you click the box.. "Perform a clean install" ..does it NOT perform a "clean install"?

Ticked the box and after the install all my custom game settings were still set..

16. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Thank you for confirming this, I thought I was going [even more] insane. Must be what's causing OneNote to crash every time I run it now too. :(

Oh, as for whql? I believe all ms tests is if a driver can install and uninstall properly, without crashing windows itself, and they do not test any functionality whatsoever.

17. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Thanks for confirming this wasted a good part of my night with this... hopefully a hotfix driver soon as this is happening on production version of Windows 10.

18. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    What are you talking about that update can only be installed through .cab file you have to manualy install it on your OS so if you did that why point the finger to anyone ? take the responsebility of your actions man if you are fidling with updates that are not even publiced yet officialy you have to pay the price IMO

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It is an nvidia driver issue and has nothing to do with the latest CU available to the release preview ring.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The tile issue in the Start menu I mentioned earlier you mean?

That is 100% a driver bug as loads of people are reporting it with Windows 10 AU over the GeForce.com forum and NVIDIA have confirmed that they are working on a hotfix to resolve it.

Importing custom profiles very, very rarely causes me any issues and I've been doing this for years now. If there are issues then they are usually with older games, e.g. ones where I forced CSAA, which is no longer supported in the driver, or an AA compatibility flag that no longer works. I haven't had any of those in well over a year though.