GeForce 372.70 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

I give up.

2. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    if LINUS said so, it must be true, he is after all, Canadian

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    What a silly post. I have win 8 and 10 (and Linux) on same machine. Many people dual or multi-boot. Dont you think it would be easier for me to go into 8 to see if the problem occurs there? Which is what I'm doing at the moment (not that I even remotely suspect a hardware issue), just that I would like to get things done without that error for time being.

Will go back into into 10 tomorrow and uninstall the last update and test from there. Will definitely not change PSU and will not re-install 10 (have OS image which can restore, and even that I dont think will be necessary). Please do not recommend such drastic solutions to people as there are a few clueless folks in forums who might act on it.

4. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Re: khanmein. Obvious troll is obvious. Why even respond to such trolls? Just add to ignore list. Same person who, on GeForce forums, responds to every bug report in driver feedback thread with "send me your GPU". :rolleyes:

5. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    The whole reply is nonsense since linked my posts :D keep carry on........... :banana:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  6. Spax1171

Spax1171 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 OC
    Finally all works good. So many problem with older drivers until now. Uh.
    :banana:

7. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    previously, i pointed out TDR, MFAA & V-SYNC which NVIDIA representative able to resolved the issue accordingly but it take times. i'm not sure u rolled back other older driver or not. majority users here don't have that issue anymore. most likely user prone error. at the end of day, i'm the one who complained a lot but if i don't have an issue that's mean pretty obviously something wrong at yr side. yes there's some bugs do exist in the driver. by the way, u're not in SLI too so...

open issue for quite a long time;

***61557; [SLI, UEFI] Event Viewer error 14 points to nvlddmkm when the system is rebooted.
    [1309257]

MG mentioned to me no v-sync/tearing issue on 372.40 & didn't respond on 372.70 but it ended up;

ManuelGuzman said:
    OK there seems with certain games where in the in game V-sync setting is not being applied correctly when the NVIDIA Control Panel setting is set to Use the 3D application setting. This will be fixed in the next driver. In the meantime please set the V-sync setting in the NVIDIA Control Panel to On Globally or for the games you see tearing in until our next driver is released.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  8. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    if u keep complaining bout yr gpu is spoil or broken then send it to me. i don't mind & i might help u clean up stuff that's rotten.

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    @ManuelG

10. useless thread, no feedback. as always..

11. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    If your scaling is not up to par on your system with the previous drivers it was because there was not enough of a load of your GPU's. I have perfect scaling/performance on my cards and do not know why they would get rid of the SLI support for BF1! really try it out! Put some DSR on and give it a go and I bet the scaling is there. I've had no issues with Quad SLI over here.

12. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Only issue I've got in doom with Vulkan is that it doesn't support SLI.... Try to go back to the .20 drivers...

13. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Was there something you were looking for specifically? Usually people DO tend to answer questions, THEN you would get "feedback".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2016
  14. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    this driver is good but not great cos still got some issue on v-sync.

15. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    yeah but someone said just few seconds with nearly 200 games. previously 368.xx is slightly faster but now getting slower.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

vsync issues in what games?
    I have nvcpl app default and played BF1, COD BO2, AVP2010, Evolve, DOOM, just fine with ingame vsync.

17. CrazyBaldhead

CrazyBaldhead Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Just your average bipolar guru3d user.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Vulkan is still not smooth enough by lots of close encounters and debris fx,this is with ingame vsync, adaptive or off.. Didn't try driver yet, but so far it feels the same as old 372.54.

And Killing Floor2 has the same fps drops, mostly or only by lots of fluids and physx stuff.. It happens by lower gpu usage (75-85%) just like older driver.

19. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Works good here i downloaded via steam the doom 4 demo and at 1280,720 or hd with vulkan all low but nothing off i can stil guet 60 to 75 frames on fight and where things calm 112 so im fine.For the pc not bad.I know its a hold one but stil show good frame rates.And thanks for the driver.

20. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    That's an AMD trick, disable a feature and call it fixed. Did Nvidia hire some AMD castoffs?