GeForce 372.70 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 30, 2016.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Khronikos

What's your problem here? This thread is about reporting driver issues.. No one is asking for your approval if its user fault or not.

2. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    He doesn't like when someone is writing such a thing about nvidia or willing to write about the driver quality and so on.

3. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX2080ti Strix
    I'm getting the same thing, I thought there was something wrong with my machine at first, so I removed my OC, but it still did it.
    Not to mention the CTD (did a clean reinstall of FO4 no mods) where no other games have any problems.

Only thing that has changed is I installed this driver, did a few hours stint of GTA V before I installed it with no crashes etc.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  4. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070

5. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    thanks my friend best driver at moment is 368.69 :)

6. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX2080ti Strix
    I'm curious can it be installed on Windows 10 Anniversary, or are we stuck with the newer drivers.
    I just updated.

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yes it can.I just got off 368.95 before this one, another excellent driver that one is.

8. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    You keep on being off topic every time a driver comes out and people report problem. You said 50%, so the rest of 50% may have valid problem : YOU deal with it.
    What's the matter of criticizing a company for valid reasons ? This is normal : if you do business, be prepared to face criticisme, whether it's legitimate or not it will always exist and it's actually a sane behavior not to drink all the corporate speeches. I will cry whenever I have reason to because customers have the right to do so. I never said I would do so every time Nvidia release a driver. If you can't get over people complaining that's YOUR issue, not their.

9. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Most of the issues people have are likely either a bug in the driver or the driver not liking their overclock. If you want stability, you'll avoid overclocking altogether and run into less issues and get back into the game.

The days of drivers doing anything magical like 40% improvement are long gone. We've kind of plateaued at efficiency and performance for even new generations of cards. Drivers now a days are mainly to fix bugs related with game compatibility and code.

Do some of the people on this forum behave like children? Yes. Is there anything we can do about it? Ignore them.

10. SlazsH

SlazsH Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio X
    New windows 10 anniversary update is out August 31, 2016.

"Addressed additional issues with compatibility, remote desktop, BitLocker, PowerShell, Direct3D, networking policies, Dynamic Access Control (DAC) rules, Microsoft Edge, Connected Standby, mobile device management (MDM), printing, Fingerprint logon, and Cortana."

"Freezing issues fixed in today's update."

[​IMG]

Testing right now. Maybe could improve some of the issues with the 372.** drivers -> OS? Lets see...

11. gyigyo

gyigyo Member

GPU:
    palit gtx 460 768mb
    ZOTAC 1060 AMP Rise of Tomb Raider still not working in dx12 its starting to work but after few minutes fps is dropping to 3-4 10, then I press alt+tab, its works again for a few second...

12. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i never face any freezing issue during installation or updating. W10 is more stable for my side compare with W7/8

14393.105 should fixed the powershell issue which is more critical.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Yes, V-sync was enabled. The V-sync stuttering issue was fixed with the last driver set using the Vulkan path..

That's my point. You don't know for sure that it's the driver causing the problem, because there is so much potential for software conflicts on PC.

Myself, and many others have no issues with Doom Vulkan with or without V-sync enabled with the 372.xx drivers.

14. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    NVCP still slow loading when u click program settings. apparently, i had less than 20 games & imagine if got more than that?

seriously NVCP need over-haul badly. radeon setting is way responsive.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    NV CP needs an update badly. It has delays when you switch to other options.

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Always been like that... I don't understand why they don't make things faster. Everytime i change or apply a setting it just freezes for a few seconds (looks like some kind of CPU bottleneck due to bad coding). Luckily after installing the new drivers and modifying the usual options i don't open it anymore.

17. pesticle

pesticle Member

GPU:
    980GTX 4GB
    1080 user with 144hz monitor.

No flickering bug here

18. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB OC/UV
    Did you try reducing texture detail?
    I have the vague feeling with DX12, the game can't fully make use of all available VRAM due to DWM reservation.

19. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    That is weird. Since 369.05, DX12 runs actually faster than DX11 on my 1080.

DX11 135FPS (369.05)
    DX12 144FPS (369.05)
    DX12 142FPS (372.70)

Interestingly it takes 7.2GB of VRAM during some parts of the benchmark. DX11 takes almost half.

20. CrazyBaldhead

CrazyBaldhead Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Christ.