Geforce 362.00 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 1, 2016.

1. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Great driver so far only had one crash but wait should there not be no crashes with drivers these days ! Still I'm happy so far :)

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Disappointed that they can't run these FL11_0 games at 5 fps in DX12 instead of running them at 5 fps in DX11 on the same FL11_0?

Obviously.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Yes, obviously + ultra facepalm.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    First problem found: COD: BLACKOPS 3 - Awakening DLC; Out-of-memory error while playing multiplayer in one of the new maps (the one with 3 pictures). Unrecoverable, had to quit.

5. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    yeah amd driver issue will be fix soon but DX 12 really favors AMD u can't denied.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I can and I will. We don't have nearly enough data to make this judgement yet. As of this moment we have one DX12 game which is having issues on AMD while it works comparatively fine on NV. And we have a couple of betas which may or may not be representative of how the final results will stack up. Anyone who's saying that DX12 is favoring AMD right now is jumping to conclusions.

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I think it'll be a bit more of an even playing field.As long as AMD doesn't let up on the software side of things it'll be great for them and their customers.Both companies have similar goals with their new tech and AMD so far has shown they're cards to be capable at satisfying at any resolution.No doubt Nvidia will not disappoint either.We the customers are in for some real treats this time around. :D

8. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    don't worried i'm NV fanboy damn bias toward green side. i got no luck with AMD.

9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DirectX 12 is not meant for Huge demanding graphics games only. The most played and remunerative games must run fine on low-end PCs and laptops, and the opportunity that low-overhead APIs like Direct3D 12 offer to reduce CPU overhead and increase performance is a big deal for those games. Fermi GPUs still have a sensible share across gamers. Feature level 11_0 is the last issue of Fermi.
    You probably do not know this, but the first available drivers, like a years ago, were from NVIDIA.
    If you remember the first talks with demonstrations about DirectX 12, the system were running a high-end NVIDIA GPU.
    Moreover, NVIDA will attend at the incoming GDC several DirectX 12 sessions http://schedule.gdconf.com/search-sessions/directx+12.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Is there even a point in having created a WDDM 2.0 driver for Fermi (which was released in November) if Nvidia were to skip adding DX12 support?

DX12 support for Fermi was also promised back when DX12 was officially revealed back in 2014, going back on that promise after two years would be big disappointment for Nvidia users and impact Nvidia's credibility among its customers

11. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB

Fortunately they have created it. I gain 5-7 fps in all games just by moving onto wddm2.0

12. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    driver stopped responding for me while playing Smite when i had VMWare workstation in bg

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    This is true only for older games which will receive DX12 updates. How many such games have you heard of? I haven't heard about even one.
    All new games, even those which will be relatively undemanding, won't run well on Fermi in any API. So the question of sensibility of providing Fermi with DX12 support is still valid.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Shattered Horizon is still a mess, nvidia driver team will you ever fix this?

Was buggy on old Fermi & win7, win8; Kepler win8.1 and now Maxwell & win10 :infinity:

The only "fix" so far is to disable Shadercache and even then its not 100% stutter free (it can still micro hitch by few level parts). Although its a looooooot better then with it enabled.

Also I manually disabled cuda hw physx (in driver profile), read it once it can run better with it off..

15. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3 W/C
    I have one question regarding the 300 drivers, something I thought of recently.

If I rig a bypass circuit from the VRM stack (its dangerous I know Bones) and loop it through the IME path, will this reduce the stuttering?, bearing in mind that I have never used DDU, nor the twinkle derp3d main stub?

I may be way off track, but it was just a thought.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    as long as the streams don't cross, it should be doable.

17. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3 W/C
    Yes I was afraid of that, but its a chance I may have to take..

18. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    this driver give nvlddmkm.sys bsod couple times
    back to 361.91

GTX780lighting win10-64bit

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    You're joking right?