Geforce 361.91 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    No issues at all with these and 8.1, maybe it's a 10 thing

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Nice driver no problems here.

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.2
    I have nothing useful to report (why bother posting then...) just to share my two cents.

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    It is actually useful in a way. Normally only people with problems post and it makes drivers look far worse than they actually are :)

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well I usually report game breaking (or just annoying that weren't there before) bugs and I've had more glitches with these then with older 361.82, didn't post much in 361.82 thread.

Some people don't notice minor stutters or play in a different way then others so they won't see them bugs at all..

Or someone who says I play only the latest 2-3 games and call them perfect.
    Just my 2 cents.

Anyway I'll go back to 361.82 and wait for another WHQL. :nerd:

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yeah, the guru3d driver thread for me is just a place to get a link. last driver "issue" i've had was broken custom resolution almost half a year ago, which nvidia soon fixed, and before that, nothing until going back to 2009 when Risen 1 had stutter issues with new driver sets. other than that, 0 issues, just as it should be, and why I keep buying NV cards.

BSOD, CTD, stuttering, those are terms I only hear others use. for me, they are a relict of the winxp era. and I fully complete over 50 different games a year at least, going back to 1994 all the way up to latest dx11 games.

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Even without overclocking my card is stuck on idle 658 mhz.... so annoying, I'll try to DDU.

It only start happening since I start using Nvidia Inspector, does anyone else using Nvidia Inspector for overclock or just use it at all and get maximum clock stuck ? Memory clock is fine.

8. CrazyBaldhead

CrazyBaldhead Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Nvidia Inspector works fine with OCing here.

9. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    so the only difference is that I put the card on MSI mode when the problem beguan. like I said always before , it doesn't work properly. now I reinstalled the driver using ddu, didn't put on MSI mode. . I overclocked even more than before +150. +250. and it doesn't happen for the 10 hrs so far.

I did a gpu firmware update too, it fixed many weird issues when using HDMI cable. I had a really old version . the issue still happened even after the firmware update.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  10. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt

windows 10 pro 64 bits insider build 14271

Use Iobit advanced system care free or CClean to fix your windows registry that is probably corrupt. On my side no problem at all.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    About COD Blackops3 and DSR @ vsync, 361.82 don't have any fps drops while running across the map.

BUT, the game is also **** lol, it doesn't support triplebuffer @ vsync so there are some 30fps drops, e.g. when looking at glass..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ ok. Will likely give 361.82 driver a shot (or wait for a new driver).

COD:AW is very strange, runs smooth one minute and starts stuttering like crazy the next (DSR or not).
    Also gotten a few CTDs. Don't seem to be any logic to when or how these glitches happen. As if the game falls out of sync.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Yeah 361.82 just feels more smooth.

Also Sometimes certain drivers put more pressure on system, especially by OC'ed system and it can cause stutter too followed by CTD or even hard system freeze with buzz sound.

Im not saying your OC is not stable, but you might want to double check if you use higher cpu OC. Usually small cpu voltage bump fixes those (0.005v), or a little higher cpu system agent voltage (idk if you have now default voltage try extra 0.020 - 0.030v offset).

I never played COD AW sp only multiplayer and it ran ok back then, COD Ghosts was more troublesome when it comes to stutter evne if ping is ok, but I think its just ****ty turbulence physx that's making it here, poor implementation, with it off it runs ok, hairworks at max is ok though.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    rofl, this is with amazing nvida pcss shadows @ 980TI,.. bravo! -_-

I have retail version and I sure won't reinstall whole 5-6 DVD's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meh, nvidia optimized shadows for nothing:bang:, will keep using AMD CS shadows at least those work as they should, the irony. :(

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    No one has files on this folder and a file named NvBackend.exe running in taskmanager ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Core

I wonder if you guys even check if you have this folder.

I did DDU incase you wonder and install only Display Driver + 3Dvision + Physx.

16. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX

the down clock still happening, so it's not the overclock and possibly not MSI mode.

Could it be AI Suite ? Could it be HPET disable on bios ? because HPET is enabled on my laptop. I just use it for USB 3 Boost which really improves my External Hardisk speed. I deleted all the rest software that came with AI and just kept running USB 3 boost.

With my laptop Windows 8.1 + Gsync Asus G751JT 970 I don't have the issue with Nvidia Inspector so it should be a program that isn't installed on laptop but on desktop that causing it, it's weird that it started just some time ago.

I had a weird issue with nvidia drivers, for some reason it enabled Vsync Force ON . I think it was as soon as I changed the Pre-Render to 1, I'm not sure, but it happened 2 times after I installed the drivers.
    For some reason it reseted the scaling option too, it was Aspect Ratio and I chose No scaling with the Override the scaling mode set ... andafter restart or something it reverted back to Aspect Ratio with Override unchecked. Weird stuff..........

Vsync Force ON is really crap on some games, at least for Dragon's Dogma it causes the loading to takes 30 sec instead 5 sec.

For now I don't let AI Suite run on tray icon, but USB 3 boost driver still installed and running properly.
    I enabled HPET - Bios only
    I overclocked even more +171 gpu +250 mem +104 Power.
    I enabled Override the scaling mode set by games and programs - Do I need to do it ? I'm using DSR 2560x1080

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I have ai suite3 for fan controll, doubt its that. I think it is something in this driver. Try older 361.82 and report back

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX

3DTV does weird things with this driver, if I keep enabling and disabling 3DTV it reset my Aspect Ratio from No Scaling and Vsync ON ... and the first time it shows error with CLI error or something 3DStereo Disable > 3DStereo Enable with Ok boxes..
    Very Weird.

The issue is with 3DVision and 3DTV , if you didn't install them and you did not enable or disable 3Dstereo then you won't have any issue.

361.82 have the same issue, as soon I finish installing the driver . Enabling DSR , PreRender - 1 , Single display performance , No Scaling.

Enabling 3D stereo shows the error CLAPI or something , after couple of times it works, but it reset the Scaling and Vsync settings EVERYTIME... annoying..

I think DSR + 3Dvision-3DTV is screwed up.. without enabling DSR everything works straight A++

CAN Someone check AUTORUNS and tell me if he has file named NvBackend.exe ??

Seriously no one Check that ????????? ?? I asked like 5 times already, simple request, I mean no one notice that he has UPDATE CORE ?

I think the issue comes from using DSR + 3DVision + Override the scaling mode set by games and programs. Unchecking Override the Scaling mode set ... everything works with DSR .

And I disable the bloody NvBackend.exe , I think I always have a DING windows sound when doing restart or sign out from windows 10 because of it, as soon as I deleted it from Startup/Autoruns , I don't have DING sound anymore.

19. srfelipe

srfelipe New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    362.00 Beta is coming!

"Software/Drivers Geforce 362.00 Beta; Radeon Software 16.2 Beta; Windows 10 x64"

pcgameshardware.de/Far-Cry-Primal-Spiel-56176/Specials/Benchmark-Test-1187476/

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Same branch as 361.91 most likely. I wouldn't expect many changes.