Geforce 361.91 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Feb 15, 2016.

1. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well it depends, if gpu usage drops bellow 50% it usually throttles the clock a bit (or is jumpy), but I didn't notice any stutter cause of that on my old 780GTX with boost 2.0,
    And it was like so, 1006mhz > 1040mhz > 1097mhz >1130mhz> 1084mhz> 1040mhz> 1150mhz, etc, not changing every second but it was frequent by certain games.

older Keplers with boost 1.0 were trickier, especially mainstream GK104, GK107? chips. So I guess those are more prone to stutter.

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.2
    There's no need to worry, it works just fine, it's WHQL (not that it matters anymore...) and officially supported by Nvidia.

4. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    My point was, open Precision, select the card name and see if the fan restarts without requiring a reboot. If so, it's obviously a software issue. As that resolves my issue it might extend to yours. Just a simple test.

5. blackroseMD1

blackroseMD1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    This driver worked great for me from launch up until yesterday. Today, I went to fire up a game and the driver just kept crashing over and over and over. Weird. Rolled back to 361.43, which is the last driver that worked perfectly for me.

6. iriseyoufall

iriseyoufall New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X 3GB
    I couldn't shutdown my pc with these drivers. It hung. Monitor gone black-on standby and fans/keyboard/mouse-light stayed active. I removed this driver with DDU and installed a older version that worked well. Shame on Nvidia for this failure.

- i7-4790k
    - MSI Gaming 9 AC Z97
    - G1 GTX 970
    - W8.1

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Do you use fast boot feature? If yes then it may be the culprit. You can test new drivers with fast boot off and turn feature back later.

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Everything is working well with these drivers so far.

9. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
  10. _RA_

_RA_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    .75 crashed crysis hopefully this wont

11. LEXX911

LEXX911 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 950
    Huh? How exactly am I suppose to do that when computer was scrambled(monitor) and freezes up? Any way. This is just one weird incident and haven't happen since. I don't think the overheating was the problem and I don't even think it was even overheating. I'm sure when the computer got screw up by the driver Precision also got shut down that's probably why the fan stop spinning because it needed Precision.

12. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Can't install these. Not even after using DDU, then I tried installing 359.06 and the control panel crashes every time. Stuck with 358.91. (Windows 7 64bit). I know some of you are thinking it's probably my fault, you condescending noses, but it's not. My system is clean as can be and I'm not alone.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Send the DDU logs to Wagnard, he might be able to narrow it down

14. TylerAD

TylerAD Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Experienced my first BSOD within windows 10 and this driver. Moving from Win 7/8.1 ive not had a BSOD in years. Ive not had one yet in 10, till playing the Division Beta for about 1 hr + and it hard locked. I rolled back to the driver before this and did not experience it the next night.

15. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC OC
    amazing drivers... improve performance in many games and no have a single problem... good job

16. blackroseMD1

blackroseMD1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    These drivers worked great for me up until a couple days ago when they just started continuously crashing over and over. Weird.

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Email me the log and we could maybe check tomorrow if I can do something for you via teamviewer.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    The Evil Within DSR is bugged, it doesn't scale the menu properly, adjusting ingame OSD doesnt help either.
    Also there seems to be some fine jitter, time to time, disabling ingame SMAA or FXAA and enabling driver FXAA fixes it, mostly if I activate the lamp light.

DeadRising 3 DSR is also a little buggy, if I change to ingame DSR and start the game it blinks every second by loading screen, restarting the game with applied DSR fixes it and loads normally.

Rise of TombRaider
    DSR shifts mouse menu and I can't e.g. use apply button anymore. E.g. if I change from 1080p to 1440p and want to change back and press apply button bellow in lower right corner. Its like the mouse pointer doesn't scale (move) with the menu buttons properly.
    Saw similar glitch by AVP2010 (alt+tab seemed to fix it here though).

COD Ghosts @ MP, turbulence physx can jitter/stutter.. Wasn't expect that anymore, was playing DSR 1620p, then lowered to 1440p and it was still doing it. Looks like I will have to turn it off completely.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ The Evil Within was also bugged with AMD's VSR so probably a game thing.

DSR worked fine in ROTTR for me, though only tried it briefly. Plus I use a controller so couldn't tell about mouse/menus.

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    I have an issue with the clock being limit to core 670 mhz, which is like 540 mhz but with the overclock. but could cause it ? high gpu overvoltage ? I used 37.5 mV max.

+120 core
    I tried 170-200 mhz Memory

Which one causes the card to stuck on P2 ? core or memory ?