Geforce 355.82 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Aug 31, 2015.

1. demented brave

demented brave Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090
    My card is not downclocking into 2d mode with this driver. Stays at 1012mhz at max voltage. Using windows 10. Anyone else notice this?

2. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Yes.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I noticed a weird bug when uninstalling drivers @win10, sometimes it can freeze the system if I dont select auto reboot, or worse, now it made a bsod when I removed 355.80 and decided not to reboot and then click on action center - it also says driver stopped responding sometimes in that time..

It was something about video graphics card sync bsod code 0x119 with watchdog.sys as main cause..
    Idk I have both intel and nv gpu "active", ok intel is just for quick sync but when I uninstall nvidia it always switches to extended display mode and then switches to 2nd generic screen (intel) driver.. Stupid bug..
    win8.1 had similar, but not as bad as by win10 or so unstable.

Still regret for rushing so soon to this crappy win10 OS with unstable drivers on top of it.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Win10 is very stable for me just as stable as win7

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Is it? No according to your numerous issues in win10 thread

I dont have anything like that, all modern apps work or main OS functions, ok except photo apps and that weird missing icon issue in modern start menu. Rest always works.

These 2 bugs and driver glitches are my only regret and yeah that for me personally is a unstable OS, win8.1 never had such bugs.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I said stable I didnt say it was bug free.... I have had ZERO bsod ZERO TDR issues. win 10 is as stable as win 7 was for me, Is win10 buggy hell yes. does it have stablilty issue no, look to hw and or the combination of drivers used.

VClibs12 constently wanting to update when it is update has no barring on stablity just like the onesync error on restart has no barring on stability.

Dont mix up buggy for stable there not the same., that is almost like saying graphic lag and internet lag are the same when they are not.

Anyway what is the debug mode i see in nvcp

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well im pretty sure it was nvidia driver that was the main cause for my instability few times, too many small quirks to call it perfect. I didnt have any tdr by normal scenario only if i removed drivers a couple of times, never had such a thing in win8.1.. but yeah nvm.

8. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    How is the new driver with the Kepler users? I'm one of those and i had problems playing Trove, GPU usage drops randomly giving me FPS Drops, but i don't know if it was drivers issues tho, I'm using 353.62 right now with no issues.

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    bro, try don't install intel hd graphics driver. i didn't install & disable on the mobo. by the way, W10 quite good. NV driver is the main issue. they tend to improve DX12 to beat AMD but this time round, NV really slap their own face. AMD driver seem improved a lot.

10. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    Installed today becasue previous driver caused nvklldm errors in Diablo 3.
    Played for a while, seems to be gone for now.

11. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Came back to my PC a couple of times and the screens have just been black and not turning back on after wiggling the mouse, HDD lights active. I don't have sleep turned on or anything, reminds me of the old bug the GTX780's had when they first launched?

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Needs more testing but it seems to have solved the 1 sec stuttering I had in Metro:LL.
    (probably a Skylake problem).

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Flickering City is back , when i change the display to my 55" samsung 4ktv via HDMI 2.0 while SLi is enabled i get terrible flickering in MGS5+MM and pretty much all games @ 4k\60hz

if i change the res to 1440p the problem is no more !!!!

14. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    samsung tv issue not nv. avoid samsung tv trust me. nv said monitor/tv w/o g-sync confirm got included flicker-ing.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well I use intel igpu for MSI AB quicksync. Win10 already auto installs driver, ok now I disabled that auto install, but isn't the driver necessary to have a working quicksync?

Im not using shadowplay or nvnec, intel has better quality and its faster e.g. @ MSI AB recording nearly 60-80fps faster vs nvidia.

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    i had that black screen with white dots at loading screen
    my friend had this too we both using this driver

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i don't which driver from NV fixed it completely

18. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Update on this, every single time I have "Turn off the display" set to kick in after 15 mins and leave it alone for 30 mins or so, screen is always black and PC acts as if it has crashed. Everything else is stable however!
    Win 10 x64

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    weird my w10 don't auto install the driver for me. maybe i disable iGPU in bios. i didn't use MSI AB/ Precision-X anymore & lazy to play with OC.

i don't use shadowplay too. i fully agreed with ur statement.

20. yep i think exactly the same. i didn't even upgrade to win10 because i knew it won't be even half ready for release.. maybe in a year or so but right now it has WAY too many issues.