Geforce 353.62 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lunario, Jul 28, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    L4D2 runs in slow motion. It could be a issue with background video, I already saw this once by early win8 version, if I remember correctly it was a driver issue..

Its 4-5fps in main ingame menu, gpu is in full 3d mode though.

EDIT: ok running it in Windows8 compatibility mode fixes it.

But the scenes when you get pinned down to the ground has some minor fps drops, win8.1 didnt have that.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    I guess as a kepler user...I just want to know if I should install these for Witcher 3 or stick with my existing driver (353.12) which is working very well

3. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    well i upgraded my w8.1 to w10, i installed these drivers but i have less perfomance in 3dmark 11k in w10 and 13k in w8.1, no dx12 api test, and usually batman runs like crap at 60 fps but it was playable at lest with the tweak toll, now i have 5-8 fps in the game WTF.

And on GPU-Z CUDA is not ticked

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    GSYNC in CSGO is totally messed up with these in Win10. I have Vsync enabled as well so I am using GSYNC between 30-144fps and when 144fps hits the game gets VSYNC'd.

However, there is massive stuttering in CSGO every 10 seconds or so.

Disabled VSYNC in driver control panel and left GSYNC enabled as CSGO runs 144fps anyway and with VSYNC off it runs 300fps.

With this setting it does not lag or stutter at all.

This is the only game I have seen this kind of stutter in, GRID Autosport runs butter smooth even with VSYNC enabled.

EDIT:

SOLVED - Capping the fps in game using the console command fps_max 144 fixes stutter completely :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015

5. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    I am stuck at full clock speed with these.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    My 580's are reproting the same as yours.

With every architect before maxwell will support DX12 features at the DX11_0 level. Your gpu will still benefit from any game that is released as DX12 and its features.

7. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    these 353.62 are r352 branch... and all r352 no have a kepler optimizations... i recommend to you install 353.49

8. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    Has this actually been confirmed anywhere, or are you just basing this on hearsay and off the branch?

9. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    Just a general feedback on this driver. Installation went smooth. Performance felt the same as the previous WHQL. No problems playing BF4, HotS, Witcher 3 and Project Cars. Browsing has no issue with Chrome, Firefox and IE. Tested with Win8.1 pro with gtx 970, gtx 560ti and gt540m.

10. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    well... the branch thing is true... and i confirm in my rig comparing project cars and gta 5...

11. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    I know the branch was originally gimped, but they could've rolled in the fix regardless. However, if as you say, you're seeing this in benchmarks, then fair enough. Really shameful from nvidia to be pulling this bs again. I suppose it's time to get the pitchforks out again. I am so tired of this.

12. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    [​IMG]

So is this bug in gpuz or drivers actually doesnt work with dx12 support ? Just wondering.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

GPUz needs updating

14. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2060 S
    Few new games are stuttering after each 3 seconds of gameplay.

I can't open nVidia control panel.

I use a clean drive install.

15. kinggavin

kinggavin Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    ive just installed windows 10 and installed this driver im getting good performance the start menu on 10 i dont like it you cant beat the windows 7 start menu but win 10 is faster and i can notice the difference in games windows 10 feels faster and graphics look better on windows 10 so im impressed with windows 10 im gonna miss windows 7 start menu , but the gaming power of win 10 has won me over and xbox app cortana you can turn it off so its ok

16. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Thanks I thought so. Works fine for now but I will do gaming later tonight.

17. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    From win 7 to 10 4k gameplay ultra no MSAA battlefied 4 much better performance.
    min fps 45 to min fps 60 fps

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Driver stopped responding once when viewing an embedded Youtube video in Edge. Playback after that got really choppy for a while but is now OK (never restarted).

19. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    I only did out of curiocity Metro LL Redux and Tomb Raider benchmarks, they are kinda same..but still dont get something.

Windows 8.1 (350.12)
    Tomb Raider - 56fps
    Metro LL Redux - 50fps

Windows 10 (353.62)
    Tomb Raider - 62fps +6
    Metro LL Redux - 47fps -3

Aside from that being unable to disable particular windows disable is probably what will keep me on windows 8.1

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    New version (v0.8.5) of GPU-Z now available here: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2524/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-5/mirrors

This now correctly detects that CUDA is installed on Windows 10, which should help avoid the confusion some people have been having as to whether it was actually installed or not when using v0.8.4 or earlier. However, it still shows Windows 10 as Win8 64 for me.