geforce 353.49 hotfix driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lunario, Jul 8, 2015.

1. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Well they don't seem to fix the multi monitor mismatched refresh rates flicker issue :|

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Turning it on on Maxwell shouldn't lead to any problems though - just the lack of additional coverage samples.

3. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  4. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    had two crashes in 1 hour in warframe. i'm on windows 7. get away with this driver.

5. Trailblazer

Trailblazer New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX960 2G
    Is this a 32 bit driver? The installer says it's not suitable for my system.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I have no idea what FMAA is. If it's Maxwell's MFAA then it has nothing to do with CSAA/EQAA as the technology is completely different (it's temporal with alternating subsample positions between frames instead of additional coverage subsamples). Also MFAA can't be accessed from a game as it is a driver level AA tech.

In any case if a game can use CSAA - it is using MSAA because CSAA is an extension of MSAA. And Maxwell is supporting MSAA just fine.

7. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    maybe they should be MFAA. i also confused but what i know the option is greyed out for sure.

i don't feel smooth on the newer driver.

8. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    so these are the first drivers I've installed for my two new gtx 980ti cards, I can't find any dsr option in nvidia global settings, am I missing something ? I did use DDU before installing the drivers..

9. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Lego Worlds is running like a dog with this, so much faster with 347.88. Slow downs to 14fps, never saw lower than 40fps before..

Ps.- Nevermind, it was some new setting (stud quality) which on highest was murdering performance. In normal is fine.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I have come across a strange issue with these drivers on Windows 10 Pro which results in the latest 3DMark (current version) not running its DX12 API Overhead feature test if MFAA is set to On in the global NVIDIA profile. Not that big a deal really as it is just a benchmark which I would only run infrequently but it made me think there was something wrong with my Windows 10 upgrade as there are no other DX12 demos or games available currently to test.

11. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    On the witcher 3 I need to run an osd overlay for it to work smoothly... similar bug to the sgssa problem I guess.

12. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Anyone is able to run CUVID Acceleration from LAV Video Filter with MADVR and not freeze and crash ? None and Write-Back works fine, just the mixed with Madvr + CUVID .

Nvidia 353.49
    LavFilters 0.65
    PotPlayer 1.6.55124 x32
    Windows 10 10240 x64

13. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    I've noticed weird fps drops/stuttering sometimes in Dark Souls 1...

Back to official 353.30 WHQL and problem solved - weird...

14. bossj00

bossj00 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI
    Hey guys!!

Quick question - Just switched to Windows 10 (was not getting this issue in Windows 8.1)- Running Rampage V Extreme i7 5930k Titan X SLI -

The problem I'm having right now is - randomly it seems in a few different games, my screen will go black and then kick right back on, no driver crash that I can tell game seems to be the exact same...

Any idea?

Oh I've wiped the drivers and clean installed the gpu drivers, and I updated to Windows 10 from 8.1 (did not format hdd before - which I usually do)..

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Further to this issue...DXDiag detects the DirectX version as 11.3 if MFAA is enabled globally. Turn MFAA off in the global profile and DXDiag correctly detects DirectX 12.

What a strange bug...why would an anti-aliasing setting cause two programs to stop detecting DX12 in Windows 10? :3eyes: