GeForce 353.38 Hotfix driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Jun 26, 2015.

1. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Since upgrading from my GTX780ti's to Titan X, I have no crashes, the only odd thing I see in MSI Afterburner, is spikes in the GPU and Memory, and this is while just having Windows Explorer open. This never sued to happen with older drivers, and wonder if this is the reason for the crashing on cards that are not 100% stable?

One other issue, if I am in the Witcher 3 game menu and Alt tab out of the game, my one gpu will shoot to 99% usage, until I alt tab back into the game

2. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Could anyone else perhaps test Batman Arkham Asylum with its AA flag and report if they are seeing problems? Or Ducktales or Pinball FX2? It still is amazing to me that afterburner reverts the behavior of the flag back to a smooth 60 FPS when its OSD is active. I'm confounded as to why or how this could even happen to be honest.

3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    I've checked out Duck Tales and Pinball FX2 and wasn't able to reproduce this behavior in Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.
    Both games run at constant 60 FPS without any stuttering for me, with or without any overlays or tuning programs running.
    Arkham Asylum hangs with a black screen on startup for me for some reason so I wasn't able to test that.
    I did not test with Steam overlay, though, as I have it deactivated.

4. Halfmead

Halfmead Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d twin 1660ti
    Hmmm...Loaded this driver into my 2nd rig with Asus gtx770 directcu ii 2gb card.

I thought i was imagining stuff and had to run Valley twice to doublecheck!! Huge increase in performance vs 353.06 for kepler it seems, have not installed on my 980 yet, since it is stable atm and not excactly lagging performance lol.

But results here: (sorry for text setup, hadn't saved screenies since i keep these in a notepad doc)

353.06 ----------------------- 353.38
    Clock: 1215 Mhz ------------ 1215 Mhz
    Mem: 3505Mhz ------------- 3505 Mhz
    Temp: 53 celcius ------------- 64 celcius

FPS: 22.6 -------------------- 42,1
    SCORE: 945 ------------------ 1761
    Min FPS: 14.1 ---------------- 22.4
    Max FPS: 43.6 --------------- 77.8

These results are for card at factory stock.
    For OC i had to dial core down to 1300Mhz vs 1327 and mem down to 3900 vs 3965 for valley not to crash/stop/greenscreen.

I really have no idea why results are so different, since all i did was install only driver ontop of old, while keeping everything else since those parts are not new.

5. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Well using something for years doesnt mean that it will work newadays. Just saying.

6. jibi049

jibi049 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB
    Doing a clean install is not enough I think. Everytime I'm installing new drivers I completly uninstall the previous one with a reboot after...

7. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    anyone??...Bueller?

8. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Since I replaced my card I have no issues with Geforce 353.38 and these seem to be pretty fluid in and out of games. Thank you Nvidia for your spot-on support! :)

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    No need for this, they install on top just fine. There were a couple or so times during the last five years when I had to actually uninstall the driver and then install the new one to get rid of some issues.

10. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    OK, a DDU/clean install and going back to default nvidia inspector profile for GTAV seems to have helped with the CTDs. I played for a few hours last night with no crashes.

11. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I had to go back to 353.30 as I was getting non stop TDRs with Batman: Arkham Origins with the hotfix driver.

Specifically, the game would throw up a 'not responding' error and upon checking the event logs, this was associated with a TDR.
    Not sure if the former caused the latter or vice versa though.

Just had a good long session on 353.30 and had no such instances.

I was unaffected by any crashing in Chrome though although I'm still keeping an eye on it.

Don't know what the changes in the driver were but it didn't produce more stability on my system; quite the reverse.

I was playing with DSR at x1.78 producing 2560x1440.

12. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    I'm giving up on these and rolling back to 350.12 again, had another TDR with Firefox within seconds of starting work today, and I've had Illustrator crash twice on me with a TDR....

350.12 works flawlessly....

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I had a few CTD, thought its was my system OC fault, was testing 2400mhz ram again.. I got one nv.dll error once

but when I raised timings further it stopped, only occasional CTD gta5.exe crash..
    Even when I restored my ram to default 2133mhz..

Will try DDU again and reset GTA5 profile.

14. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Despite my little bug with AA profiles going back awhile I am indeed getting better and smoother performance out of Far Cry 4 by a decent margin. Whether that is because the last driver was garbage or the install was IDK.

15. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    I get better performance with these drivers from UT4 & my other games than the driver I've reverted to, but oh well...I have to get work done without TDR's occuring.

16. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    It would be nice if we could narrow down exactly what GTA is so sensitive to. I'm guessing it's something specific but I don't have the time or patience myself to figure it out. :/

But yeah, it could be system OC paired with some other settings. I've not OC'd my cards -at all- but I do have a decent OC on my CPU and I did have some inspector tweaks (AA/AF) and what may have been a really old profile along with them.

Super frustrating that it's just this game and no others of mine.

17. HAZ-MAN

HAZ-MAN Active Member

GPU:
    evga sc GTX 780 ti sli
    ok update to my problem win 10 and my 780ti sc cards and windows 10 and these drivers. I contacted Microsoft payed for teck support as windows 10 I cant use Norton they saw how the sli would not have option to enable they reinstalled drivers over and over, they put on a maleware program called maleware bytes hacker pro and some internet protection thing scanned comp had 75 maleware infections removed.still couldn't get damn sli to work. I was went to best buy to buy new ssd was going to give up reinstall win 8.1 best buy said don't spend the 175 usd on it just let windows over write I plugged HD back in as I took it to store to compare missed hittin esc to set boot from disk with win 8 disk in bios first so opened nvidea control panel and now have sli? lol now got everything protected and cleaned scanned and running win 10 have no idea what happened just be carefull turn on max protectection for win 10. sorry for ramble but this has been very interesting called techs and they are basffled that by it as well and say its a windows 10 and nvidea bug for the sli trouble.

18. Zolutar

Zolutar New Member

GPU:
    Asus 670GTX sli
    These are better than 352.84, but still give random TDR errors.

352.63 work fine for me on windows 10 tp, but all drivers since then are random tdr error. I can specifically trigger when running windows update.
    it @!#!@# me off that the TP keeps installing 352.84 which is the worst of the bunch and you cant stop WU from installing it!

19. rstalcup

rstalcup Active Member

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    Cyris CUDA

Is there any possibility that you might do a Win 7 64 version of these with CUDA and post it for download? Thank you

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    there no setting to stop driver updates for HW, like other OS versions ?

So its trying to install an older version than whats on system?