GeForce 353.38 Hotfix driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Jun 26, 2015.

1. EarlZ

EarlZ Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX 780
    I can confirm that these drivers fixed the TDR issues, those who continue to have one on this driver, how are you guys uninstalling and installing the new drivers. Could be the method thats causing the issue.

2. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Well at least for my problem it appears the AA profiles for certain games are just not working correctly. Why they work correctly with Afterburner only in OSD mode is anyone's guess. Seems pretty random to me.

3. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Everything works fine so far since ~50+ hours ago. Constantly Chrome with twitch/youtube and some game on second monitor. Perhaps it's random again for someone but for me it's fixed.

4. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Switched cards in pcie slots and started getting artifacts ... one of my cards is bad which is why I had the freeze/reboots issue with the computer. Replaced card with spare and can boot into windows again. Will try 353.38's again since people in general seem to be having success!

5. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Sorry, but many people, myself included, avoided the problem by switching hardware acceleration OFF. No more TDR. That is not to say some didn't still have the problem, but you have to go back to the post I was responding to to understand why I wrote what I did. Now with this new driver we are able to switch back to the default, hardware acceleration ON. No point to disabling hardware acceleration now.

6. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    those drivers are bad for me...it causes stuttering in the witcher 3 at fullscreen, dont know why but with 352.86 (my previous ones) it worked perfectly well, now I will have to come back to borderless window:bang:....also seems to have lowered performance in general...not tested yet if there is any OC stability improvement.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    No TDR in firefox yet, I used 2000ms pollrate to test quickly.

But I did notice some occasional GTA5 hickups, every few seconds when driving around the city. This is multiplayer part - havent played Singleplayer yet.

Now Im not 100% sure if its driver or not, it was ok 1-2 days earlier with 353.30 but it could also be server issue, I played later at night and probably landed on some more distant server..

Saw the same thing in the past with COD Ghosts multiplayer, if it had ok ping it ran smooth if I connected to some ping over 100ms it caused stutter.

I also ran quick 3dmark API test and they're almost on par with 353.06 (this one has the highest calls), 353.30 or 353.12 has lower, especially 353.30.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  8. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    How are you guys uninstalling your old drivers and installing your new drivers? I got my 980 Ti three days ago and haven't had a single crash in games, benches, or Firefox with an overclock of 1480/4000.

9. edigee

edigee Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 960/GT 820M
    Well ,I'm not at all into gaming thing. All I can say is that the last driver causes higher temperatures on the GPU ,msiafterburner profiles seems not to work ,also the IE scrolling is unstable. Playing movies with MPC-HC and madVR shows higher video engine and memory load than the previous drivers, especially the 347.88.

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Install on top, check the "do a clean install" box though. No need to uninstall anything.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    A weird thing I have noticed while playing Batman: Arkham Knights with these new hotfix drivers (and it may have also occurred with the previous v353.06 and v353.30 ones as well) is that my graphics card memory runs at 3,305 MHz according to Afterburner's OSD rather than 3,506 MHz as it does with every other game. It may have something to do with the game running at 30 fps though but even so my card's GPU still boosts to 1,291 MHz even at this framerate.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

12. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    Crashes in GTA V Online all over the place last night. I seem to remember having to underclock my cards to achieve stability and/or reduce AA levels. I'd hoped this was fixed. I'm going to try a clean install with normal clocks then go from there but this is seriously annoying, costing me time invested in Heists and the 'bad sport' system which doesn't care if you're crashing. I don't know if it's on GTA's end or what.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So far so good. I have not had anymore tdrs while using chrome since installing this driver. Thanks Nvidia.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I use Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall anything on my computer. I been using it for years.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Getting fps drops with these on Wolfenstein Old blood.

edit: It happens only when my second monitor is turned on. When I've only one monitor active, everything is normal.

16. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    so this hotfix has all the fixes from the last 353.30 Arkham Knight WHQL drivers?

17. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    These where short lived for me, not near the same stability and performance as 353.30

For Refererence

[​IMG]

I have not been following the bugs closely but is one we can not have chrome open in the background when we are gaming? Well if we all put our heads together we should be able to come up with a workaround for this one. If we are real good we may even free up some system ram with the solution. :bang:

Regards

18. BeeJAyP

BeeJAyP Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid
    I have noticed the same thing, though I haven't checked in these drivers, it was doing it in 353.30 though.

19. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    More TDR's today, with both Chrome & FF running on both my main machines. Both have Adobe CC running in the background too with all the attending memory resident crap.

As for how the drivers are installed, when I had my first TDR's after installing these drivers, I manually uninstalled & cleaned using Treexy DriverCleaner, rebooted & cleaned in safe mode with DDU and left *nothing* in registry or on disk related to Physx or Nvidia drivers. So this is a fairly clean driver install on both machines, still TDR's... Single monitor for each machine at present due to limited deskspace.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I definitely saw the 3,305 MHz GPU memory speed issue with the previous v353.30 drivers too; I just can't be sure it was Batman: Arkham Knight. I think it most likely was but I have a feeling I've seen it in another game too, possibly one that was also running at 30 fps.

What is puzzling is that the GPU core will still boost to 1,291 MHz (from 1,101 MHz standard) but the memory shows as being 200 MHz (400 MHz effectively) underclocked! :3eyes:

Looks very much like a bug.