Geforce 347.09 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 17, 2014.

1. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    Go here: http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask

You may need to create an account if you haven't already done so.

Yeah I'm getting the same issue as you. I have PowerDVD 14 and using a BenQ W1300 Projector with a GTX 980 and these latest drivers and 3DTV Play. 3D works in games but not in PowerDVD 14.

I will be submitting a bug report as well. nVidia will take it more seriously if more than one person submits the report. I haven't done so yet, but I would recommend visiting the Cyberlink forum to see if others are experiencing the issue and whether its a PowerDVD 14 problem and not driver. I'm pretty certain it's driver related but it doesn't hurt to look anyway.

EDIT: OK I found a solution. For anyone having issues with PowerDVD 14 not playing movies in 3D, DO NOT install 347.09 drivers over the top of older drivers. For some reason it causes issues, even if you tick "Clean Install" option.

Instead uninstall old drivers, restart PC in safe mode and use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all the superfluous crap. Restart and install the 347.09 drivers. Fixed my issues.

From what I could gather it wasn't necessary for me to reinstall 3DTV Play as the option seemed to already be unlocked in the drivers. If it isn't, reinstall the 3DTV Play Activation Utility anyway. You may get an install error saying that it's already installed but just ignore it as you'll find it will be enabled next time you check in the driver control panel.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nope, are you hitting APPLY after setting FULL ?

3. residentour

residentour Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    After I click "apply" the screen goes off and on and the colours seem to improve on contrast which is I think at full rgb. But the option drop down menu displays the "limited rgb" instantly and after a restart the colors are all default. If I stay without a boot all the desktop and games are full rgb for that session.

( I am at win 8.1 x64 , 660 TI , HDMI connection , LG AH-IPS panel monitor)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You tried a full driver uninstall and reinstall using DDU ?
    http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Maybe a bugged driver update

5. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    The fact is that several drivers have already been launched and there was no significant improvement in the performance of my games, time passes and the difference in performance between my vga and the competitor (280x - cheaper) increases more and more, which makes me believe that nvidia does not intend to improve the experience of users of kepler architecture (performance-wise), forcing me to buy the new chip. I know it's about market strategy, but I paid enough for my vga, and I do not accept being left behind! Even in FC4 and Bioshock Infinite, full of nvidia deployed technology, 280x is performing better than 770. This is unacceptable and i demand real improvements for my product. :thumbup:

6. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Never had a problem before with a beta driver here

Using 980 SLI and BF3 and BF4 with Vsync on the graphic lag is high

Back to 344.80 the problem is gone, anyone else with this issue?

7. Seid Dark

Seid Dark Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti Classified
    Same here, I'm very disappointed in Nvidia at the moment. Seems to me like they forgot Kepler even exists. I regret buying a 700$ GPU, this isn't even year old and driver optimizations already stopped.

8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE

Can you tell me what your hardware setup is, what graphics settings you are using and if any steps you can share to better get repro (certain levels/maps, any repro in multiplayer maps, etc.)?

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  10. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    This also happened to me. I also have a 660 Ti on a HDMI connection with an Asus AH-IPS monitor but under Win 7 x64 SP1. I solved it by trying it several times in succession until it sticks to Full RGB.

11. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Actually, Kepler is much older. It's from around March '12. Almost three years by now.

I've got a Fermi card that has no optmizations for more than a year.... But also, it has virtually no bugs to deal with. Just runs games as intended. By three years, an architecture should not see much problems afterall.

12. Maxwell

Maxwell Guest

GPU:
    GTX980
    With 344.75 the same issue. This is first level of campaign. I saw it and never have played this game anymore. Its all around the white and yellow stripes on asphalt. I've tried different settings, including "GeForce Expirience" reccomended. With all kind of settings i saw the same issue. You can see game settings in my video:
    h t t p ://youtu.be/M7NQib-6bnA
    h t t p ://youtu.be/YIgtURoWS0w
    My configuration is Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Evga GTX 980 SC (04G-P4-2982-KR)
    Intel core i5 4690K
    16GB DDR Kingston HyperX Fury series
    Asus Z-97K

Also i saw the same issue in some youtube videos. For example:
    h t t p ://i.imgur.com/NLhUPtA.png?1
    h t t p : / / w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=uw9XfbzqCNk&list=WL&index=10
    You can see his settings on the video and his configuration below the video.

PS. Blaire, I cant answer you in PM, because "To be able to send PMs your post count must be 15 or greater."

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  13. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    Running pretty well with my 560 haven't seen any issues in games i play yet.

At least the blue screens are gone for me. Thats what i wanted to be fixed most.

14. radz

radz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570 1279 MB
    anomaly- after installing these drivers appear to work fine on win7x64 ,except "windows experience index" fails at the video playback evaluation with your score can not be computed.
    uh? fix?

15. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    in my case, it changes nothing for me - the disappointment continues. i still have the overlay issue with dscaler - only stable driver which still works is 344.11. Nvidia seems to have broken this for good and I am not expecting this to be fixed in any future releases either.

@ManuelG: as per your comment on my other post, a defect was logged for this issue. There have been 5 driver versions already and I still don't see anything on this. Can you please help - would really appreciate!

For those who dont know what I am talking about:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=394196

16. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    yes the first one is old, but the refresh gk110 launched November '13 (gtx 780/ti), and still being used in the newest tesla gpus. Kepler is a solid architecture and introduced dynamic parallelism which was a huge and impactable improvement, as i can see maxwell have made "improvements" over previous generation chip, and since both have the same process technology, why im not seeing any improvements in kepler cards?

17. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    compared to which driver? in skyrim and dark souls 2, icafe driver gives me 6~10fps more than this beta...

18. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Agree, only three times I remember having a severe problem

One was with Borderlands 1 and half the geometry not rendering, one was with Bulletstorm and god rays not rendering properly, and one was State of Decay and graphics all messed up, but that was attributed to their ****ty beta's for 6+ months which affected a lot of DX9 games

In comparison, since I've had my GTX 980 I've had lock ups so severe I can't even reset my computer, I have to manually turn the power off and on again, lots of games have been unplayable but they're getting fixed quickly which has been the norm with all cutting edge cards you buy on release day but I don't count as "Major" as they're fixed with a next patch

And DESPITE that I still think my GTX 980 has had the same driver quality issues, every new cutting edge card I've gotten has tons of driver gremlins for the first 6 or so months.

I'll say this for AMD, their driver releases have majorly slowed down, and I think somebody at AMD should get a kick in the ass over pushing that new bull**** policy of only releasing major drivers as needed, because I feel it has allowed them to slack off at least the last year, but that said AMD's driver quality has been really consistent but so has Nvidia's, and man do I have stories about my GTX 260 days

19. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    HD video playback through hardware has been optimized a great deal i just noticed.
    *using mpc-64

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Bug report:

Texture flickering in AC Unity after latest update to patch 1.4. The flickering is definitely related to SLI, as turning it off removes the flickering.