Geforce 344.80 Hotfix Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by rflair, Nov 22, 2014.

1. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    and he gave you a legitimate answer. the post you are asking a legitimate question about, was a troll post.

2. dhabulin

dhabulin New Member

GPU:
    gtx 970
    For all Far Cry 4 users, i just discovered some bug related to NVIDIA preset in game. If you use NVIDIA preset instead of "ULTRA" (or any other) and than modify custom settings (for example lower Antialising to SMAAA), you will loose aprox 20% of performance (gpu usage will be 20% higher on same area) compared to same custom settings under "ULTRA" preset. So, same custom settings (all NVIDIA stuff enabled), big performance difference. So, first set preset to ULTRA than enable NVIDIA effects under custom settings and you will get noticeably more FPS. Report back your findings. Quick test shows no visual difference for me.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea we know, you posted it 3+ times already, stop spamming

4. dhabulin

dhabulin New Member

GPU:
    gtx 970
    Well, wish somebody else spammed me 3 times in return of 20fps. :)

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    That's batman written by Jon ritman and Bernie Drummond, or was it match day 1 and 2. I think it was Jon ritman off the top of my head. I know Bernie Drummond came about with the diamond defection system for match day 2 which was advanced ball physics back in 1988 off top of my head. Personally I preferred head over heals which was much better than batman isometric 3d. It does look like the amstrad version, you can tell by the strong colours and blockiness.

6. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    Strange, i have the same card and i'm using HDMI/Displayport ports with no problems.

7. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    That's why i mentioned it could be the cable, or maybe even the monitor which is kinda crappy (LG W2361V).

8. MAD5

MAD5 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI Titan EVGA / ASUS
    It solves the really dark problem running on SLI on FC4?

9. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 OC
    I had a couple of driver crashes with these, specially with Metro 2033 Redux. Perhaps I'll roll back to the WHQL's if this keeps happening.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    At least I thought SLI was funny :)

11. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    It could still be the video card, if multiple people are reporting problems with Gigabyte.

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Ehh, I have an HDMI monitor, S22A350H, should I not get the G1-GTX970 if its having problems even with DVI to HDMI cables?

GOD Forbid if I must use D-Sub.

13. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Correct however i can't seem to find anyone reporting HDMi issues unless it's multi-monitor specific.

All i see is people reporting problems with DVI, mine works fine.

Like i said i've tried before HDMi to DVi converter and it was fine, with this card i get 480p with the adapter since i get black screen with HDMI, i don't remember if it was the same adapter, but i can't seem to find another one, i haven't seen people reporting issues on single display and HDMI on this card yet, that why i suppose it might be the monitor or HDMI cable, or maybe the adapter i'vi used on the 570 wasn't that one either. :bang:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  14. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Does HDMI to DP exist? I wonder if that will work. If it doesn't work, then it would seem that having HDMI in the equation is problematic. Seems more like a luck, hit & miss thing. Well, having to use D-Sub sucks.

It would seem that the 'old' display scheme (DVIx2 + HDMI + DP) is better functioning.

Edit: You not being able to use HDMI, is it multimonitor specific? Does a single monitor plugged in with HDMI work?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I have 2 x DP > HDMI working with 344.65 and was working fine with these drivers too

16. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I'm using a single Monitor, obviously drivers do nothing since i can't even see the BIOS :nerd:

I've decided to connect HDMi cable to the card while on Windows, it appears as a second Generic non-PnP Monitor, i've tried to update drivers manually and through windows update, keeps saying the same.

So i guess it's either the cable or monitor, maybe both.

I'm not that worried, however i can tweak the monitor better on HDMI.

Maybe i'll get a new monitor, either GSync or IPS.

17. kado

kado Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 G1 8GB
    I had that on my LG L204WT monitor dvi port aswell and I had to reflash the monitor's EDID to have it working again normally. I can try to help you fixing that, you'll need montool to extract EDID settings from registry, notepad++ to edit the txt file to be flashed and EDID Writer (ddcw.exe, pure dos tool) to flash the EEPROM on the affected monitor input again.

18. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Well, you could make a new thread titled "Steps to make your monitor work with Maxwell", I'm sure it would help some people.

@Elite

When you connect HDMI, you say it shows up as generic monitor, can you select 1080p as a resolution? Because thats probably the only thing I care about.

19. emottier

emottier Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6700M+Intel HD3000
    Hello everybody,
    I just installed a GeForce GT 630 in a Dell T3400 Intel Dual Core, 4GB, SSD 240GB.
    Running Windows 8.1 latest updates.
    At first boot after physical installation, Windows update installed 340.52 driver ok.
    I tried 344.75 and 344.80 and both give me BSOD during driver install in nvlddmkm.sys.
    I tried manual install from device manager, same pb.
    Used DDU in safe mode to uninstall.
    Whats wrong?

Solution will come:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...driver-past-337-88-without-bsod-using-8-1/40/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  20. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I can only view it as a monitor on the PC if i use DVI and HDMI, booting from DVI since like i said HDMI doesnt work, and on HDMI it shows Generic non-PnP monitor with max res of 1366x768 but it starts as 1024x768 so this isn't a solution due to that low res, that's why i said i've tried to update the drivers and nothing.