GeForce 344.75 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Nov 18, 2014.

1. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    Yep i saw your image and i have that option as well when i used the HDMI cable, but i don't really think it's working as i see no difference in image quality.

2. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    Very odd, it certainly works as intended on my pj.

Sorry I can't help further buddy.

3. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    No problem mate!!
    The slightly faded colors and blur only happens on my HDTV when i set the input source type to PC.
    Changing it to DVI, VIDEO or any other type the image is nice and sharp with vivid colors on the Dynamic preset,
    but this quality is only maintained on my native res of 1080p and 720p.
    I only ever use my native res of 1080p and i change the black level to normal witch is full RGB.
    I was just trying to figure out why the quality with other resolutions than the above i mentioned are so bad
    and thanks for showing me this option that i did not know it even existed before.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  4. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    Are you guys talking about the 4:4:4 chroma problem with HDMI on nvidia drivers?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=376041

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1381724-official-4-4-4-chroma-subsampling-thread-14.html

5. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    All I can really add is that my Samsung TV doesn't like my PC outputting YCbCr, 4:4:4 or 4:2:2, it blurs and oversaturates the reds.

Setting output to RGB fixes this completely tho and setting the input to "PC" also locks the HDMI black level to full 0 - 255. It also disables other options like cinema mode and colour controls. Basically, I can control the white point, brightness and contrast and that's it.

This happens on both ATI and NVidia cards, so I know it's the TV itself.

EDIT: Incidentally, the picture is only OK on 60hz, even when set to RGB. When you set 24hz or 50hz, for example using the auto-refresh rate changer on MPC-HC, the image looks the same as it does what you feed the TV YCbCr but it's not as noticable when viewing movies.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  6. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    Nvidia Control Panel forgets settings - solved

Hi,
    I installed the Nvidia driver on newly built PC and fresh Windows 8.1 using GeForce Experience. Unfortunately the 3d settings in Nvidia Control Panel were not saving. They were forgotten after I closed and open the Nvidia Control Panel.
    The solution was to download the complete driver (from "manual driver search" on geforce.com) and to right click on that file and "run as administrator".
    After such installation the 3d settings in my Nvidia Control Panel are stored without any problems.
    I decided to share this, hoping that it might be helpful to someone who encountered similar problem.
    Good luck!
    Juliusz

7. Thunderbolt8

Thunderbolt8 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760M
    is there any chance that video settings for the 800M series gets unscrewed with the new version? I only get a black screen when using madvr to play blu-rays with a GTX 860M, while its fine with my GTX 760M

8. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will come on 18th, so i suppose a new driver will also come, what i'm afraid is that driver will be pretty much game ready only like pretty much every driver for months.

9. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    That is exactly how my Samsung TV behaves as you described above, the only difference is that my picture quality remains the same at 24hz and 50hz.

I would like to believe that next driver release will be a game ready driver along with some performance improvements for GTX 970 and GTX 980 owners
    as there has not been any performance driver yet for the new Maxwell cards.
    I don't really expect any more performance improvements for Kepler cards as Nvidias main focus now are the new Maxwell's..

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  10. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    If we're lucky... Otherwise, I think they'll just push the SLI profile through a GFE update or something.

11. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    >AMD driver team is bad mkay -all of us
    >we buy 900 series

>nvidia: lol, noobs no more updates except game fixes, enjoy.

>bank: mah sheckles

12. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1070FTW 8GB
    So, no new drivers this year?

13. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    you have 14 days left

14. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Nvidia's current attitude seems to be that they only need to release drivers when new games/cards launch.

I can't even begin to tell you how badly wrong that attitude is :rolleyes:

15. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    A couple new games are being released this week. Elite Dangerous and Metal Gear Ground Zero.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    That new R346 branch would be nice...

I returned to 344.77 for now and it looks very smooth compared to 344.80.

Also these 344.80 gave me 1 bsod driver less or equal with nwdklmn.. something part, happened 1 time in Rift.

17. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    If you look under Nvidia Control Panel > Change Resolution:

The resolutions where refresh rate is 60 or lower is considered Ultra HD, HD, SD. I have a 144hz monitor so anything above 60 hz is under the PC section. Nvidia driver automatically forces 4:4:4 for PC resolutions, and 4:2:2 for the 'HDTV resolutions' for HDMI connection (maybe for displayport too**). I don't think this is a problem for DVI.

It's not noticeable when viewing movies because movies use 4:2:0. The chroma issue is only a problem if you use your TV as a monitor and need to read text. I used to use a HDTV as my monitor and had to force 4:4:4 using a EDID hack.

There are very few TVs that do 4:4:4 at refresh rate below 60. I think the new Samsung 4K TV does this. I forget the exact model, but I believe it's the 65" 4k 8550 or something like that.

18. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Yes, it's time, I hope it comes out soon, I need it >.<

19. Vegtro

Vegtro Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    I treat as the last two weeks of December as nothing ever gets released.

20. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    i've not suffered driver crashes since the longest time, ..prolly since i uninstalled bf4 around 5 months ago.