1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 340.52 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Jul 29, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Wait you have 2x titan black and play @ 1600x900? ^^ no pun intended :)

2. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Nice.

3. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

GE will eventually replace the old legacy looking Windows form based control panel. There is no use in fighting what is in GE because soon everything will be there.

4. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti SLi 1600/8000
    So you can't get updated SLi profiles without "GeForce Experience"? Maybe stop showing it down our throats?

5. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    I still use the ICafe 337.90 driver, its been the best for me.
    Works fine with the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q monitor too!

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Crap, I dont need all that bloatware forced in driver.

I hope its still optional.

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    With system ram today it's not really bloatware at all....

I have been running GE without a hitch. It does nothing to the system to slow it down or hinder it.

Id rather have everything in one spot.

I say bring it on that way I don't have to go into two menus.

Those people stating that GE is not for Advanced Users do not understand what GE is.

You can still perform all of your own tweaks. GE just adjusts IN-GAME settings. You do not have to use the per-defined Nvidia settings. There is a slider that you can move and adjust how you like it.

You don't even have to use it at all is the thing.

But the fact that The standard Nvidia Control Panel will be joined with GE is fine with me. I'd rather have it in one spot.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  8. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    The problem isn't that we "don't understand" GFE; the problem is that you don't seem to understand that just because *you* haven't had a problem doesn't mean GFE problems don't exist.

For instance, about that whole, "does nothing to slow the system" stuff: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/672846/nvstreamsvc-exe-memory-leak/

The nv streamer service and the nv networking service have both been problematic for a while. While it's not a problem for everyone all the time, it is for some. I get around it by disabling both services.

They should release shadowplay as a standalone.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Installing GE does not mean you have to use shadowplay.

I never said others would not have a problem

You missed the whole idea of my post.

What I said was my PERSONAL experiences were good. What I also said was that it would be great to see the Control Panel and GE combined into one interface instead of switching back and forth.

What I also said was people seem to think GE is just for noobs. It isn't anymore. Not since it's expanded with options and sliders to adjust game quality to what you want. Sure it has room to grow, but to say Advanced users should not install it is going a bit too far.

I never once said others would not or have not had issues. I was talking about my experiences with it running well. Why people in this forum keep nitpicking posts and pulling out parts of them to manipulate into something is beyond me.

Also another point was that with the amount of RAM we use today, GE is nothing to run.

10. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    When you begin by insulting people's intelligence and telling them they just don't "understand", you can't cry about the inevitable push back.

I understood your post; I just fundamentally disagreed with just about everything you said.

For starters, you suggested bloatware isn't bloatware if you have enough RAM. That's absurd. Bloatware is useless or unnecessary software regardless of how much ram you have.

You said GFE doesn't slow the system down. That's false. It doesn't for you "that you're aware of", but unless you've disabled the two problematic services you can't be sure if the hitching or slow down you had was the result of network latency, a server just taking a crap... or... the problematic service you knew nothing about.

You like it, great. I don't. You don't think it's bloatware; I find everything but shadowplay utterly useless, from the apps to the services I don't need or want.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    I never insulted anybody's intelligence. I didn't say anything of the sort. And yes some people do not understand GE. That is why I clarified for ANYBODY reading it that didn't understand. It was not finger pointing.

GE used to be a gimmick, and it isn't anymore, it's grown and growing into a capable tool. A lot of people haven't tried it lately because of what it was known as before.

I gave reasons why I don't find GE being bloatware.

I think you are just being too defensive over nothing. All I did was share my opinion and experience, and to clarify that GE isn't what it started out as.

No reason to get so defensive. It's a forum and I can post what I feel about GE too.

There was no intelligence insulting, I never did such a thing.

Nothing in GE is bloatware. If it's used. I'm allowed to state that. It's also true that with the amount of system memory used it's nothing to worry over.

If you don't agree fine, say that next time. Do not nitpick at my post and claim I'm insulting someone when I am not.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    GF experience is bloatware for me. Something that I would never use is bloatware. Like the bloatware apps on my fone that I had to root to get rid of them.

13. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    In a forum filled with nothing but advanced users, advanced users who have looked at GFE, you concluded the problem was they just didn't understand it.

Not sure how they do things in your neck of the woods, but around here that's insulting... never mind the absurdity of trying to make the argument, here of all places, that GFE is for advanced users. Inspector, sure, I'll go with you on that, but Experience?

I'm not defensive; how can I be, none of my statements are under the microscope? I don't want to get into a big-ole fight about it, just saying your delivery wasn't exactly the best.

14. BoSL

BoSL Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX1060 6GB OC
    Gawd, you two just made me want to try GE as I havenĀ“t run it for a long time.. Bloat or not! ;)

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Like I said, it is not what it used to be. This is for in-game settings not CP settings, and it's more customizable now than before. It's not perfect but its evolving.

You can change LED lights on cards if they are available to do nifty things, I use shadowplay etc.

So to each their own like always.

It is not bloatware to me. There is no right or wrong here, thus why I made the post saying for me it is not bloat.

Just because I feel it isn't bloat, people have to go on the defensive. That is so dumb.

What is bloat to one, is not to another. It is specific and individual.

I also did not say GE was FOR advanced users, I said it's silly to say advanced users cant USE it. Again with manipulating my words.

My delivery wasn't even aimed at anybody to flame, yours was by picking out parts of my post manipulating it into something it was not. That is why I say you were defensive.

I still do not get where you think I insulted someone. I think you need some time away from things.

There are many many people that view these forums that are not "Advanced users". Just MOST of those advanced users post here, many viewers never even make an account.

I also mentioned many times that my post was not aimed at an individual, but to the general area of everybody that it pertained to.

If it had nothing to do with you, you can ignore it next time, or not respond to it at all.

This is a great post. This is an opinion withing picking me out and flaming me just because I use some features of GE and think it is not bloat.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    No black roads for me either. I have in-game AA turned off and AA forced via the driver though but I don't think that would fix the issue if I had it.

Have you tried revalidating the files? It may just a case that the texture files for the game are corrupted.

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    I have no black roads either.

I'm wondering if a running background program/process or OSD type software could be conflicting with rendering.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    One likes it others don't.

I prefer it to stay optional like HDMI audio, physx, update profiles, etc. because I don't need anything extra, even if I have 64gb ram.

EDIT: Although I have hdmi installed just in case if MS is buggy, but plugged @ DVI, no update user, dont use SLI.

I tried standalone GF shadowplay once (2-3weeks ago), but in the end switched to MSI rtss video intel quicksync -
    [​IMG]

Its more versatile and less buggy overall, records everything without issues.
    By Shadowplay I had some weird audio buffering skips if I tried to record winamp milkdrop @fullscreen, it refused to record in windowed mode, all that worked perfect with rtss quicksync.

I think I won't be trying it again in the near future though, I reported the bug just in case, but now I see I get same results if not better with igpu quicksync, dont use twitch so not bothered by that. :)

19. NukeDaddy

NukeDaddy Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 660
    No that wasn't it. I did a system restore to get the rig back to the old video driver and it worked. By the way, sounds actually worked for Black Ops 2, but not for anything else on the computer.

20. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Since this latest driver update, Windows event logs are showing that NVBackend.exe never cleanly exits on close down and or the streamer service often doesn't close cleanly either. Not overly impressed. Forcing these "extras" onto us wouldn't be such a problem if they were coded better.