GeForce 337.88 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 26, 2014.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Disrupt is a fitting name for an engine that does nothing but disrupt your enjoyment.

2. mojoba

mojoba Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    SLI doesn't double your GPU memory it just mirrors the memory usage on each card so the VRAM usage shown in your screen shot is actually 1.2gb and not 3.3gb. So a 2gb high end GPU should do just fine unless you intend to play at high resolutions (above 1080p) and/or on multiple monitors with AA.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Try Ultra textures and come again..

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    indeed. :)

1080 60fps no aa, blur nor dof i've seen it just short of 3.4gb

5. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    I Feel a bit ripped off at the moment , just brought two 780s (last week) with 3g memory ,and then they are releasing games that need 4g vram , or am i misunderstood , i game at 1080p , been playing watchdogs as got it free with my cards , and it running sort of ok apart from stuttering here and there when driving. Damm maybe i should of gone with the red team, but i've been a nvidia user since my 5870 . can someone tell if i'm going to get a few years out off my 780s or are they going to be should we say past it already. :(

6. mojoba

mojoba Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    I guess if you want to play the latest games at the very highest of settings then you may struggle but if your willing to turn down the graphics a notch your good for a few years. I haven't played Watchdogs yet but I get 60fps on Wolfenstein New Order on high settings with a single 770 2gb and an old 1st gen quad core. Watchdogs may be the exception but most games are made with consoles in mind and 1080p gaming so I'm willing to bet it will be a few years before you would need to consider setting games to Low graphics settings or upgrading again. 99.9% of games now only need more than 3gb of VRAM if your playing at high resolutions on an expensive monitor. I'm sure your setup far exceeds the specs of an Xbox One or PS4.

7. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    On Ultra Texture settings watchdogs stutter like hell but i found out its because my 8bg system ram ran full. with texture settings high and other settings ultra + temp smaa, vsync off it runs good at least on my rig, try it out.

8. lisac85

lisac85 Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX560Ti/512MB
    Bsod

I'm getting BSOD with this driver... Happened in League of Legends and in random watching Youtube. Reverted back to 337.50, and no more BSOD. Anyone else have this problem?

I have Gainward GTX 560Ti Gold.

9. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    You'll almost never have a problem. This game is just optimized horrendously. The textures aren't that good, even on Ultra. Crysis 1 had better textures and ran fine on 1GB cards.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

11. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    Ive been getting weird artifacts in the BF4 menus and on Gulf of Oman when its dusty and windy, I get the same thing. The minute I go inside where there is no wind it goes away. Not sure if its a driver or game update issue but its extremely annoying.

12. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Hope nvidia wake up and realese 6 gb cards instead 4 gb cards

13. PolishTechGuy

PolishTechGuy Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780GHz
    So i decided to play with Watch Dogs... again.

All settings on ultra with temporal SMAA @ 1080p

Vram was my biggest concern but... it goes up to 3030MBs in the first 30s after loading a game and then goes down to about 2800MBs~, i don't think im vram bound.

CPU... 2500k running at stock clocks atm, it does go 100% on all cores sometimes but in one of the reviews you can clearly see that there's no difference in FPS between Ivy and Haswell, even a 2GHz OC using a 4770K didn't affect the performance of the game (they downlocked it to 2,5GHz and went all the way up to 4,5). They even said in the comments that 2500k would perform just as good so... i doubt my CPU is the issue here.

RAM... i have 8gigs, the game itself takes 4gigs maximum which puts me at 60% load, again im not ram bound.

As for the GPU itself im rockin' a 780GHz, it usually sits at 50-80%.

I like the game but i can't stand the performance, guess i will wait for some patches if they ever release some.

14. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Nope, consoles has 5 GB(RAM+VRAM) to be used only, compare to PC version which need at least 6 GB RAM, 3 GB VRAM....

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i'm seeing around 3.4gb max and that's without aa at 1080.
    really glad the tide is turning and the devs will start to use more vram /uber textures.
    not seen it ever below 3gb in-game, from the very start it uses around 3.2gb

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    780Ti 6GB SLI - Yes Please!!!

17. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    Man I am so close to giving up on PC gaming. Battlefield 4 was and still is a broken game, Titanfall and Wolfenstein have no SLI support, and now Watch Dogs!! crappiest performance ever. I better just sell my rig and move to PS4 to have a peace of mind.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Don't give up just yet. Ever considered selling your 660s and getting a 780Ti instead? Single card performance is the sh!t.

19. NAMEk

NAMEk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Gainward gtx 560 , same things, except last working driver is 332.21.
    I also should add, that on the same system, i use Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit + PAE + 3GB userva. Maybe there is something in common?

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i got nice scaling in WD, very nice.