GeForce 337.81 Beta Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 15, 2014.

1. sean8102

sean8102 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    For anyone that plays Planetside 2 this driver finally fixes the black screen (driver crash) issue!

2. octiceps

octiceps Banned

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI
    Yeah finally, tell me about it. It took them 3 months to figure that one out.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    still nothing about these on the nvidia site/forums.

4. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    The GeForce 337.61 BETA drivers were not published on NVIDIA's main download sites or forums either, they were posted here, no idea why though.

They could be in the process of creating a fancy webpage like the one for the GeForce 337.50 BETA drivers but someone uploaded them to the servers early.

Edit:

ManuelG posted about them in this thread

They have probably not been published on their download site because they are considered a hotfix.

I would still like some proper release notes though.

Last edited: May 15, 2014

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Got a pretty nice increase in 3dmark :)

[​IMG]

Also anyone uses fps caps in games ? Right now im playing Risen 2, and i use a 60fps cap, noticed that my card doesnt boost to his max clock, for long terms with this driver. It usually stays at default clock...

6. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    all this is because he found driver first and moderation deleted your topic to other create it and receive all the credits? forum is not to trophy to first find news... driver or other thing...

in trash forums like adrenaline... gamevicio and others always moderators delete posts from users to create yourself with same news to leave credits to it... is normal in trash forums unfortunatelly...

7. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Fortunately, it isnt like that here.

8. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    I installed the desktop drivers on my notebook when these first came out, is there any real difference between those two driver sets? Nothing has imploded on my computer yet.

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I can confirm this for 780ti sli.

10. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Hopefully some proper driver feedback for you guys on this one in terms of performance vs the previous 337.50 driver now:

-3DMark11: Identical scores apart from 2% increase in Physics score (was a surprise!).
    -Identical performance in all game benchmarks tested: Metro Last Light, Batman Arkham City, Batman Arkham Origins, F1 2012, Bioshock Infinite, Grid 2, Tomb Raider. No issues so far with this driver.

11. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Tested Landmark and BF4, they all good.

12. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    The NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M is listed in nvac.inf so they are notebook as well as desktop drivers.

You wouldn't of been able to install them if they weren't supported.

13. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Thanks for reporting that. Saves people like me from having to DL and test.

14. Lebowski

Lebowski Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    That's a fair point. I'm used to everyone I know understanding that every word out of my mouth is sarcastic.

15. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    First of all welcome to Guru3d forums Voodooman.
    I don't understand why you are running 32 bit Windows 7 with 16gb of ram.
    I suppose you know that 32 bit operating systems don't support more than 3 to 4gb max since you are using the PAE patch.
    Nvidia has no reason to support this work around so i can't see the reason for complaining about broken PAE support.
    Just wondering what Nvidia GPU do you have?Is the PC in your specs the one you are using as you have a ATI Radeon HD 4890 1gb listed as your GPU.
    Just to help you out here so you can legally download a digital iso image of 64 bit Windows 7 to avoid using workarounds like the PAE patch.
    There is a thread somewhere in the Operating Systems section (if i remember correctly) with info on how to obtain it.
    Just make sure you choose the x64 bit iso of the current version of Windows you are using (Home Premium) for example,
    and you can activate it without any problems using your 32 bit Win7 original key.

16. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    HeavyHemi & ethne, are you guys on 8.1 ?

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  17. connta

connta Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX660Ti TwinFrozr IV
    Hilbert is a hillbilly, there, at least his name is appropriate.

His site has staff, yet they are not mentioned on it ANYWHERE, in ANY amount. He posts every single post under his name, not even "guru3d.com" "staff" or anything but Hilbert Hegeblah... he is a bigger credit hog than ****ing steve jobs was.

once you go to the contact page you will, again, only find hillbilly there... i understand this is his brainchild but cmon, give some credit to someone. but no, he cant even muster that the driver was not "officialy" found by gur#@*&$#*$.... errr... hillbilly.

i just dont get these people, kudos to the REAL OP.

you have my support.

18. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    These drivers run great on my system, better than the last ones. "Windows 8.1".

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  19. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Silly thread...

20. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    Back on topic.
    The release of the new 337.50 Beta optimized drivers reducing cpu overhead along with the new Shader Cache option where amazing.
    I got a a great GPU boost on the games mentioned on the release notes.
    Of course i ran benchmarks to confirm Nvidias claims in the performance increases and
    all i can say is that i was really impressed.
    I also tried some other DX11 games and some of them got a boost too especially with Need for Speed Rivals,
    the casual drops in fps where gone and with the tweak i could sustain 60fps all the time.
    Currently i have the 337.81 beta drivers installed but i have not run any benchmarks yet.
    From what i remember since 337.50 Beta the next set of drivers promised a continuation of performance increases with more game titles.
    Currently i am waiting on the release notes to see which games they have improved performance.
    The only thing that bothers me is seeing sli users having various problems like graphic glitches and other issues that single card users don't have.
    Nvidia should give more attention in SLI in their drivers,for me it's not acceptable for someone who has invested for example $2,000 in 2 Titans and waiting for fixes and bugs to get resolved.